Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1815805 times)

Offline Black Cat

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #4875 on: February 26, 2013, 06:55:04 PM »
Funny thing is the only reason I even entertain the Trevor=Alucard theory is because of the number of people who think it's a foregone conclusion and not because I think the "evidence" so far is particularly ironclad.

Trevor's pure good side ascended to Heaven, thus leaving behind the necromancer known as Alucard (but he's still not evil)

LOS Trevor is more believable than Trevor willingly becoming a vampire. This is assuming MS/Cox remembered the lore they set up in the previous game.

And yes, those High Vampires are just weird looking. Never would have occurred to me to think of them as vampires if it weren't for the name. If the idea is that they are half beasts then some part of them should have resembled the (lesser) vampires from the first game.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #4876 on: February 26, 2013, 07:19:49 PM »
Maybe when he became a Vampire, he probably thought that his old attire was kind of 'tacky' and so he changed his appearance... Just Saiyan.

As for the Vampires, C Belmont has his point. Vampires in humanoid forms have bestiary features such as those of a bat, demon or dragon. Wings and feathers though? That's what Satan's design should have been for being a fallen angel. In the final boss fight, he was even using anti-seraph shoulders when he was fighting Gabriel. Satan was more Vampire looking with his nerves popping out of his skin and his dawnguard vampire eyes except for his demonic crotch. It's like 'design swap' if you will, for the high vampires and satan. But then again, I've read some crazy ass folklore where they stated if a human drinks the blood of an angel, he might become a beast of the night... But overall, I still like the originality yet familiar in their vampire's design so props to them.

Speaking of Design choice, I don't know how I feel about Gabriel's Vampiric attire. I mean, that's some nice hunky long hair and goatee and he seems more 'beautiful' since his vampirism but backs the feminity with strong arms and pumped chest (no homo). So that's all good and all, but for the cloths... I love the trench coat with it's reference to Victorian era clothing and it looks really elegant but then ragged ass leather pants and boots? And don't even get me started on crotch guards. Why should The Vampire Lord, The Prince of Darkness, The Classic Antagonist, A Fast Regenerating Vampire should worry about his Gonads of all the sudden? If that was the case, why not just cover the whole body then? Oh right, he learned his lesson with Richter.

CastleVania Symphony Of The Night (Parody) Alternate Pro
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 07:22:28 PM by Zetheraxza »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4877 on: February 26, 2013, 07:55:25 PM »
Funny thing is the only reason I even entertain the Trevor=Alucard theory is because of the number of people who think it's a foregone conclusion and not because I think the "evidence" so far is particularly ironclad.

It's his voice and the similarities to his attire that got people speculating from the beginning. Also it doesn't help that Cox is willing to dish out all info about Trevor, Simon and Gabriel but he keeps his mouth wide shut regarding Alucard's origin and motive for wanting to kill his "father". It's very similar to how he dodged the "is Dracula in the game?" questions he got during LOS1's development.

It's strange that the game comes out in a week, we know about every playable character but we know next to nothing about the one character in the game we're all curious about. At this point, unless someone leaks it beforehand, they're keeping his story secret till release.

Worst case, they keep his origin a secret till Lords of Shadow 2, which would be utter, total bullshit.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4878 on: February 26, 2013, 08:04:52 PM »

It's strange that the game comes out in a week, we know about every playable character but we know next to nothing about the one character in the game we're all curious about. At this point, unless someone leaks it beforehand, they're keeping his story secret till release.

You can minus me out of this one King. I'll just play the game and see but I'm not holding my breath.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #4879 on: February 26, 2013, 08:12:45 PM »
Since Carmilla appeared in the first game, they should put Olrox in MoF. Or in LoS2 as the new ruler of the castle.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4880 on: February 26, 2013, 08:18:39 PM »
Since Carmilla appeared in the first game, they should put Olrox in MoF. Or in LoS2 as the new ruler of the castle.

Or maybe a n64 throwback with actrise or Giles de rais
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #4881 on: February 26, 2013, 08:24:19 PM »
I don't know.
Olrox died pretty hard in LoS...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4882 on: February 26, 2013, 08:28:39 PM »

I doubt anyone can come back from what Gabriel did to Olrox, Camilla, Brauner and pretty much anyone else who came across him during the game.

Except Satan.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Black Cat

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #4883 on: February 26, 2013, 08:29:29 PM »
It's his voice and the similarities to his attire that got people speculating from the beginning. Also it doesn't help that Cox is willing to dish out all info about Trevor, Simon and Gabriel but he keeps his mouth wide shut regarding Alucard's origin and motive for wanting to kill his "father". It's very similar to how he dodged the "is Dracula in the game?" questions he got during LOS1's development.

Worst case, they keep his origin a secret till Lords of Shadow 2, which would be utter, total bullshit.

I get how the theory came about. My problem is the idea that there could only be one possible explanation for these similarities (and Cox's silence). Well that, and hyping the two fan favorites only to make them one and the same character. I really hope Cox won't step in it that badly. Or at the very least that the story has enough to offer outside of the (presumed) big revelation of what happened to Trevor.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 08:37:29 PM by Black Cat »

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4884 on: February 26, 2013, 08:45:22 PM »
I get how the theory came about. My problem is the idea that there could only be one possible explanation for these similarities (and Cox's silence). Well that, and hyping the two fan favorites only to make them one and the same character. I really hope Cox won't step in it that badly. Or at the very least that the story has enough to offer outside of the big revelation of what happened to Trevor.

Unless it turns out that his story has a super huge plot point, then I will be fine with all the secrecy behind his story. But if it turns out that it's just an undead Trevor with rad vampire powers then all the secrecy for just that would be lame cause, ya know, the majority of us have already guessed that. Even the revelation of Dracula in LOS1 was a better kept secret than that, even though unraveled near the end of the game.

Although, if it does turn out that Alucard is a separate character, they're gonna have to explain why he has the same voice actor as Trevor and why his character model is a pallet swap.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 08:51:57 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #4885 on: February 26, 2013, 08:59:51 PM »
Alucard looks like a corpse.
It's like if Trevor died, was buried and had his corpse revived, pale/grey skin, no melanine (white hair) and his bright green coat turning pale dark green.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4886 on: February 26, 2013, 09:16:57 PM »
Trevor's pure good side ascended to Heaven, thus leaving behind the necromancer known as Alucard (but he's still not evil)

Because Trevor is just that good.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4887 on: February 26, 2013, 09:32:20 PM »
I can imagine the design process behind Alucard went something like this:

"Hey the fans wanted Alucard, lets brainstorm about his design."

"Hmm, let's play it straight and keep his origins the same."

"Nah that been done, we gotta do something bold and daring like we did with Gabriel."

"Hey I got it!"

"Alright shoot"

"What if we take Trevor, color his skin grey, use white out on his hair, color his eyes gold, color his long coat grey with gold markings, give his battle cross some downward curves and call it something dark and  depressing and expose his manly chest. Oh and instead of spending money on getting another VA for him, we just have Madden do his voice too and we'll justify it by having Alucard and Trevor be the same person."

"............. Fucking. GENIUS!"
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 09:49:10 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #4888 on: February 26, 2013, 11:07:43 PM »
Even the 4Koma pictures have the same green/gold gradient used to color Trevor and Alucard... And while not Mercurysteam, they're still Official Konami Employees... :-\

Offline Thy Gory Rory

• Hunter in Training
  • ...I'm holding my sausage hostage!
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #4889 on: February 27, 2013, 12:02:17 AM »
+1
I really don't think I mind too much if Trevor becomes Alucard in the LoS's universe. It almost pays tribute to the original timeline when Alucard teamed up with Trevor in Dracula's Curse. I can see why it's kinda blasphemous having the two being the same but at least for this timeline it kinda works a little. I mean, Dracula had a son in the original series and since this version we have Dracula originally being a Belmont... he's gonna have a Belmont son. Might as well be Trevor since it kinda melds the two idea's together. Plus, I have a hunch this form of Alucard and his past self as Trevor will act completely different from one another so it still could be like two separate characters/personalities/styles.

Tags: .....?