Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (1999 Fan Project)  (Read 456921 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (Fan Project)
« Reply #585 on: July 05, 2016, 12:41:32 AM »
Yes. Yoko is of partially japanese descent. Lenora Belnades is her mother, but has no japanese ancestry whatsoever. How is that possible is covered on Umbra's plot.

Well, realistically, There are plenty of White Japanese people

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #586 on: July 05, 2016, 08:35:38 AM »
Well, realistically, There are plenty of White Japanese people

I'm not sure if I understand what exactly your point means.

I mean, if you're born in a given country to people originally foreign to that country, you're generally considered that country's citizen, but you don't necessarily belong to its ethnic group. And that's not even true for Japan, considering they don't abide to jus soli laws, instead having a jus sanguinis state -- meaning a white person with no japanese relatives will not be considered japanese.

Furthermore, if you're born to "John" and "Mary", it'd be pretty weird for them to call you "Ryonosuke" just because you were born on Japan.

Yoko carries a traditionally japanese name, so it's second nature to assume she has a japanese relative somewhere.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 09:31:39 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #587 on: July 05, 2016, 10:09:59 AM »
Well this one is an easy one, as I take it your setting this in IGA's timeline Yes. 

Yoko is 24 2035, and that's some time from 1999, so really anything could happen from then. In eclipse of Blood   the Vernades Had VERY close blood ties to Hakuba clan, that's why both Yoko and Mina are so close.

Really when you have a time from of that long, anything can happen.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 10:33:27 AM by Guy Belmondo »
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #588 on: July 05, 2016, 10:34:51 AM »
Well this one is an easy one, as I take it your setting this in IGA's timeline Yes. 

Yoko is 2035, and that's some time from 1999, so really anything could happen from then. In eclipse of Blood   the Vernades Had VERY close blood ties to Hakuba clan, that's why both Yoko and Mina are so close.

Really when you have a time from of that long, anything can happen.

Basically.

But Umbra has the explanation about their closeness, too. 1999 tied the Belnades to the Hakubas, and led to Yoko's birth in 2011.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #589 on: July 05, 2016, 11:01:32 AM »
Oh right as in Family, or just closeness. as we had them as  cousin, we have a family tree, such as how the belmondos came to the Uk, and were the Alucard spear ended up. but it seem at  point in time as there is very little stuff on eclipse of Blood.  it seem pointless until I have more.

I think the main thing everyone what's to know is what happen to the whip, and why could the belmondos not touch it until 1999. and I think the reason we gave really worked as there was call back to past game. but sadly I don't know when we can move on as of now,  there will be no more work on it for some time, as my team mate is busy with life, and we only have a few ideas set in stone, she is great as she was the one that said we should use  the Alucard spear, and that came to me thanking that it would rise the power of the whip when there close.  thus making  complement weapon  it was meant to be. I hope she  gets more time, but that seems very unlikely now. (really feel like and ass now for my Topic)  it seem like a waste to just put the idea on stop for a bit. but life is life. and its nice to see work like this,  living. I wish you the best of luck.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 11:22:24 AM by Guy Belmondo »

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #590 on: July 05, 2016, 11:30:24 AM »
I think the main thing everyone what's to know is what happen to the whip, and why could the belmondos not touch it until 1999. and I think the reason we gave really worked as there was call back to past game. but sadly I don't know when we can move on as of now,  there will be no more work on it for some time, as my team mate is busy with life, and we only have a few ideas set in stone, she is great as she was the one that said we should use  the Alucard spear, and that came to me thanking that it would rise the power of the whip when there close.  thus making  complement weapon  it was meant to be. I hope she  gets more time, but that seems very unlikely now. (really feel like and ass now for my Topic)  it seem like a waste to just put the idea on stop for a bit. but life is life. and its nice to see work like this,  living. I wish you the best of luck.

Just out of curiosity: Your friend doesn't happen to be called Katie or to be a huge fan of Soma, does she?

Also, thank you. This project is walking slowly, but is getting somewhere. I'm fortunate to have such a competent team to work with me.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 11:32:11 AM by theplottwist »

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #591 on: July 05, 2016, 11:34:38 AM »
No, I knew her from my work, we both huge CV/AD fans and I had this thing going and she liked it and BAM. why and who is this Katie. also just saw as I was going over your work loved it by the. they your  working on Spear as making  complement weapon, that's not going to a problem is it , as were all pals here and I don't what to stand on anyone's toes.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 11:38:31 AM by Guy Belmondo »

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #592 on: July 05, 2016, 11:36:32 AM »
No, I knew her from my work, we both huge CV/AD fans and I had this thing going and she liked it and BAM. why and who is this Katie.

I knew someone named Katie who had ideas similar to yours, so I was curious to know if it was the same person. But, alas, it's not. I hope you both can work something nice together!

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #593 on: July 05, 2016, 11:40:37 AM »
dag how  similar  cos when we do get back to work, we don't what to look like we just ripped this girl off.
But still  really hope Umbra goes well, its going to be a game did I read, looking forward to that as I  really wanted to play one about the Demon castle war, and I think fans need something like this in this time. As IGA never gave the fans one.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 11:44:02 AM by Guy Belmondo »

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
  • Nightmare Class Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #594 on: July 05, 2016, 12:41:32 PM »
I still think it's unusual how a lot of people on this forum seem to be really worried about implementing / writing ideas that are similar to other ideas already present here.

Also, is it true that you've found a programmer for this project? If so, what engine are you planning on using?

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #595 on: July 05, 2016, 12:49:51 PM »
dag how  similar  cos when we do get back to work, we don't what to look like we just ripped this girl off.
But still  really hope Umbra goes well, its going to be a game did I read, looking forward to that as I  really wanted to play one about the Demon castle war, and I think fans need something like this in this time. As IGA never gave the fans one.

Fret not, dude. Given the subject matter and the logic leaps, these ideas are bound to be similar. If you search up this forum, you'll find people who proposed ideas years before I came up with the same ideas (which I also discovered later). Everything will be good as long as you don't frikkin' rip the entire thing from A to Z, and your idea is only vaguely similar.

I still think it's unusual how a lot of people on this forum seem to be really worried about implementing / writing ideas that are similar to other ideas already present here.

Also, is it true that you've found a programmer for this project? If so, what engine are you planning on using?

The issue with the idea thing is that people want to present something new, unusual, surprising, original. Once too similar ideas start popping up, then someone is bound to raise a brow, since you'll be seen as a credit-stealing hack instead of a creative person. I'll tell you that this ghost haunted me a lot before, but I learned to make peace with it. I'll also tell that this ghost haunts me sometimes right now, and that I withhold some ideas I have for fear of being ripped off. It's kinda irrational, but understandable.

There's this one idea in special that I absolutelly can't bring myself to post in this thread, because I've seen NO ONE figure this out alone yet, and the few people who know about it reacted with one of those "HOLY SHIT!" moments. I fear my project might lose it's uniqueness if I were to post it, and someone were to execute it before me.

It's somewhat of a paranoia amongst creative people -- the "ideas have no owner" mentality.

About the programmer: It's true. There is a programmer willing to lend their hand to the game version of this project and make it happen. I'll speak about the possible engine and other details on the next update, which is most likely before the end of this week. But, if you wish to know more before then, I can tell you through PM.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 01:18:56 PM by theplottwist »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #596 on: July 05, 2016, 01:55:00 PM »
More music incoming! :)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #597 on: July 06, 2016, 03:27:42 AM »
+1
More music incoming! :)

It arrived. I'm not posting this one because not everything will be posted here. But I assure everyone here that, goddamn, it sounds fantastic.

Chernabogue set out to create an specific track in a specific (complicated) way, and I'll tell you the track accomplishes exactly what it's meant to accomplish.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #598 on: July 06, 2016, 05:05:32 AM »
It arrived. I'm not posting this one because not everything will be posted here. But I assure everyone here that, goddamn, it sounds fantastic.

Chernabogue set out to create an specific track in a specific (complicated) way, and I'll tell you the track accomplishes exactly what it's meant to accomplish.
D'aw, stop it, I'm going to blush.  :D

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #599 on: July 06, 2016, 05:54:22 AM »
 ;)

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Tags: 1999 Awes 

anything