Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "...the XBOX ONE, no longer an always be ready and connected console..."  (Read 53406 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "...the XBOX ONE, an always be ready and connected console..."
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2013, 01:35:47 PM »
I know some people go, "Well, it's the future, man! Gotta get with the times, because this is the evolution of technology!" and I don't see it exactly as that. It doesn't seem as beneficial as some believe it to be. My analogy is, what if it became popular to surgically remove your arms and legs and be a stump of a human being. It's called "Nubbing" and it becomes SUPER in-style and is even hailed by the popular peeps as being the future. And then, EVERYBODY starts doing it. To the point that you even question if the world is crazy or if they are sane and YOU are crazy. Still, I hold my ground, if it meant to be considered the last of a dying breed, well then, I'm the last of a dying breed. People could go nub themselves to hell as far as I'm concerned. That's not MY future, and I'm not going to let others dictate(be it popular trend or corporate influence) how I live my life, what I like and what I do.

There are no Apple devices in my house for this very reason.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2013, 01:42:13 PM »
I still don't own any Apple devices either :P
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2013, 03:29:46 PM »
Every device in my house is an Apple device. Even the toaster oven.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2013, 09:19:38 PM »
I have an iPod Touch 3G... >:

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2013, 10:44:05 PM »
Never had any use for over-priced, just as often buggy, Apple devices myself.
My only last generation system was Wii. So far this generation I have a Wii U and I don't think I'll be getting anything else. Last gen it was because of price and lack of content that interested me enough to justify a purchase. This gen it's looking more and more like it will simply be on principal.

To quote Princess Leia, "The more you tighten your grip [Microsoft], the more [potential sales] will slip through your fingers."
"Stuff and things."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2013, 03:11:59 AM »
Why not just skip this generation if that happens? There's so much to play in the last generation and the generation before that and so on. Plenty of games to keep you occupied.

Heh, that would be a perfect opportunity to catch up on a crazy backlog. I've finally come to the realization that I probably won't be able to play every single game that I own.  :(

This is awesome(and oddly enough, pretty much align with my belief regarding the industry)!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/7370-When-The-Starscreams-Kill-Used-Games

Hell yes. I'm a weekly viewer of the Jimquisition...he's pretty much spot-on with my views. I always assumed he was just a troll whenever people would talk about the review scores he gives games, but I'm a fan now.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2013, 09:38:19 AM »
My friend needed to pay her Car Insurance this month...
...so I bought her XBox 360. ;)

Welcome to 2005, baby!

Actually, the region-locking doesn't seem to be because of Nintendo themselves at times, but rather because of groups like the Entertainment Software Association (or, other groups like the RIAA and the MPAA), which want to keep all profits and proceeds within the country of creation of a piece of work.  Since Japan and Europe have different laws with their respective versions of these groups, you end up with the USA looking rather greedy (not prudish, though I can see that as well).

Granted, not all console makers, etc. follow what these groups want.  I, for one, would like all consoles to be region-free, but I know it's more of a wish than anything else.

If someone can confirm or disprove what I'm saying, please do, as I'm not completely privy to the power the ESA, MPAA, and RIAA have over console/device manufacturers.

I just know I can't see "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" in Ecuador FOR SOME REASON when I use Netflix.  But in the USA, it's OK. 
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2013, 09:40:30 AM »
Heh, that would be a perfect opportunity to catch up on a crazy backlog. I've finally come to the realization that I probably won't be able to play every single game that I own.  :(

That sounds like quite the collection JR, you'd best get started then. I'm also in the same boat although I don't have a lot of games there's still have much left to try out.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2013, 04:20:15 PM »
My friend needed to pay her Car Insurance this month...
...so I bought her XBox 360. ;)

Welcome to 2005, baby!

Actually, the region-locking doesn't seem to be because of Nintendo themselves at times, but rather because of groups like the Entertainment Software Association (or, other groups like the RIAA and the MPAA), which want to keep all profits and proceeds within the country of creation of a piece of work.  Since Japan and Europe have different laws with their respective versions of these groups, you end up with the USA looking rather greedy (not prudish, though I can see that as well).

Granted, not all console makers, etc. follow what these groups want.  I, for one, would like all consoles to be region-free, but I know it's more of a wish than anything else.

If someone can confirm or disprove what I'm saying, please do, as I'm not completely privy to the power the ESA, MPAA, and RIAA have over console/device manufacturers.

I just know I can't see "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" in Ecuador FOR SOME REASON when I use Netflix.  But in the USA, it's OK.
I still think the idea's silly. If people want to buy imports, they're going to buy them. Of course, not everybody IS. A lot will still buy local/localized merchendise. Collectors will buy both, regardless. Also, IMO, it wouldn't be so bad if more games and such were being released stateside, that's not the case, though. I know not all games are marketable to the west, hence aren't brought over, but that doesn't mean people who DO want them(and go out of their way to import the game, spending MORE money for S&H) should have to jump over extra barriers. It's just, IMO, one of those needless laws people(mankind) instate for stupid reasons that only put limits to enjoyment of products and things. It's funny, we as a society(the whole) really like to tell each other how to do and enjoy things. The whole powertrip thing, limiting options. XBONE is a great example of that!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2013, 04:46:17 PM »
+1
I've been buying a lot of PS-X classics lately. Mainly the games I used to own, but have lost/sold/traded in over the years. Now that I have more money as a grown-up I can afford to own those things again. The PS-X has such a great library. Some classics are still overpriced though (Anyone remember Einhander? That SquareSoft shooter, it was pretty cool but it's not cheap).

As for my thoughts on this new X-Box device? I'll probably skip it; I owned an original X-Box when it first came out & literally never played it, so I traded it in. I have a 360 and a few games, but never really play it that much. I suffered through the Red Ring of Death when it was first revealed, so there's no doubt in my mind that this new X-Box will have similar defects. I just think the [X-Box Live Marketplace] exclusives it has are worth keeping it. Harmony of Despair came out first on the 360, and PS3 owners had to wait a while before they ported it. I hate it when they do that. I would rather have it on my PS3 than 360, but since I already bought it for 360 then there's no point on buying it again for my PS3.

I might stick with the PS4. But if Konami/Wayforward makes a Castlevania game exclusive on the Wii-U (just like how Adventure ReBirth is a Wii exclusive), then I'll have no choice but to buy that system. prunyuu~

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2013, 04:21:25 PM »
+1
http://www.destructoid.com/ms-says-gamers-will-buy-everything-including-xbox-one-254678.phtml

Quote from: Microsoft's Phil Spencer
"We believe that if all you want is gaming, you'll still pick us, at the end of the day," Spencer dismissively told OXM. "The super core guys, they will buy everything. They will buy all devices, but most people really only do buy one device, and if you're going to think about what that one device is, we believe an all-in-one system that does the best games and TV and entertainment will be something that's really unique."

So they're basically outright calling us sheep now.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2013, 10:56:03 PM »
Oh... I'll buy anything eh... they might be right that I'll buy a XO, but after it's cracked to shit.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2013, 01:56:27 AM »
+1
It's like they hate money.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2013, 02:07:14 AM »
+1
It's like they hate money.

They don't need more money anyway....

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2013, 12:05:56 PM »
http://www.destructoid.com/ms-says-gamers-will-buy-everything-including-xbox-one-254678.phtml

So they're basically outright calling us sheep now.

Huh that's a funny view that guy has. If that was true, then why isn't the PC the unstoppable, number 1 juggernaut seller? And for that matter was wasn't the Xbox360 or other consoles if that was the case?
At this rate they're getting as bad as Cox at ignoring the fans.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Tags:

anything