Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Qa'Doth  (Read 29024 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2014, 05:56:17 PM »
You can light up a cig now at will right?

Does it take your life away?

I love that for some reason. Reminds me of Constantine...

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2014, 08:46:38 PM »
+1
Aww man! What the f@#k am I looking at!?  :P

A Cthulken apparently...I would never have imagined such a thing.  It's octopus, stuffed inside a turkey, on top of a king crab...with bacon on top.  It just seemed appropriate to share it for Drac9's game. ;-P

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2014, 05:19:38 PM »
Super Ultimate Turbo Bacon Cannon unlocked! All enemies now explode into bacon when shot.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2014, 12:05:44 AM »
Now you're making me hungry.
I want to see the bacon confetti sprites. hehehe.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2014, 12:09:53 PM »
Bacon confetti!  Why doesn't this exist! ;-P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2014, 01:57:46 AM »
Maybe it existed, but people ate all of it. :P

Cool features, you plan to add a big head cheat?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2014, 05:05:25 AM »
Nah. I don't expect many cosmetic cheats will be present.

Also, Dinner Blaster 9001 confirmed as in-game weapon.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2014, 09:49:08 PM »
Also, Dinner Blaster 9001 confirmed as in-game weapon.

So, would that be a cornucopia blasting turkeys and other food stuff?

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2014, 03:40:50 PM »
Just wondering, what happened to this game? Did life get in the way?

(also, if you flatten the characters hair, he looks like you. :P)
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2014, 08:12:48 PM »
I do think I subconsciously imprinted myself into his design. Good thing dudes in jeans, plaid, and brown jackets with brown hair (HI HARRY MASON) are common as shit. :P

And yes, life got in the way. In addition to that, I'm also helping Montoya out with his project.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2015, 12:55:56 AM »
Possibly gonna scrap the 8-bit approach and just go for a higher-quality project overall. Too much damn work getting the atmosphere I want/need with such bright palette and contrast limitations.

Note, this post doesn't mean I'm working on it again. Due to life, necessity of other projects' priority, and a ridiculously confusing status regarding Lovecraft copyright and who the fuck owns which stories, it's on hiatus.

That being said, in accordance with aforementioned thought to scrap the NES inspiration, music's being updated. And I like these better.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/5tq6a9zzao7gw9x/R'lyeh(arr).mp3
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/qy5ltcyq8x85s20/R'lyeh2(arr).mp3
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/4l9ai16jrl2jwx4/polyphemic-pursuit(arr).mp3
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/303ql9yr8250cgt/kinetic-heartbeat(arr).mp3
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/51gz8it42n98e6t/nyarlathotep(arr).mp3
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/fdmc6c3ih6srmtz/cosmic-dread(arr).mp3
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 06:42:03 PM by Dracula9 »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2015, 11:59:59 PM »
Are you working with the NES palette limitations? There are other less-drastic ways to get what you want without scraping your current project. Your game can still be 8-bit, but unlike the NES (and I'm sure you already know this) a PC game can sport far more colors on-screen at any given time. If you want your game to have a dark and foreboding atmosphere then choose an 8-bit palette that will reflect this. In fact you can have many different types of palettes as you want, but all in 8-bit colors. It doesn't need to be one palette for the entire game either. You can have have specific palettes for whatever the levels call for. I thing this approach would be cool and allow you to still get what you want out of it.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2015, 12:43:07 AM »
Nah. The 8-bit approach was mostly a play on retro factor that wasn't really necessary, or so I'm seeing looking back on it and thinking about it. Sure, making it 8-bit basically means it's gonna get attention on whatever I wind up releasing it on, but if that means I'm going to have unnecessary difficulties in conveying the plot and tone I want to get across, then fuck it. My primary goal should be telling the story in as clear a way as I possibly can (well...as clear as a Lovecraft-inspired story can be, anyway), how pretty that telling looks should rightfully come second.

And I think you guys are convinced I have more stuff done that I've posted. I don't. What sprites you've seen and music you've heard is all there is. What's the worst I'll have to do with the engine, change a few sprites? I'm not losing anything from this decision, and in removing those limitations I'm opening a way to tell my story more effectively.

Plus, those arrangements sound kick-ass, but there ain't no way in hell they'd fit an 8-bit game.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2016, 06:25:33 AM »
Just a little thingamajig I got bored and made, as well as an update to a few of the tunes.

More or less my "okay do something small so you don't forget about this project and never finish it" maneuver or something like that.

https://soundcloud.com/dracula9antichapel/qadoth-cosmic-dread

https://soundcloud.com/dracula9antichapel/qadoth-the-writhing-ataxia

https://soundcloud.com/dracula9antichapel/qadoth-den-of-the-forgotten

*does a dance*

Tags: