Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dracula Through The Ages Poster Spoof Contest  (Read 2212 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Dracula Through The Ages Poster Spoof Contest
« on: October 25, 2013, 02:07:06 PM »
A very cool contest for Lords of Shadow 2 that ends this weekend:

https://www.konami-castlevania.com/art-contest/

Unfortunately, for me the contest isn't open to people in the US. I did a poster today for fun anyways and posted on their Facebook page. The put me as the very top comment in the Dracula Through The Ages section!

Well, I guess I got a little notoriety out of it!

« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 02:08:48 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Dracula Through The Ages Poster Spoof Contest
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 03:56:31 PM »
We had a few of these posters pop up in the LoS2 discussion thread. It's a shame it's not open for the US, since that's where most of the poster inspirations came from in the first place.

Nice work; I'd guessed you were submitting your own poster after that "FONT NAME" thread.
Gabula's face blends well in the mist, and I like the castle idea -- the trees don't quite fit, though. And you'd expect the "Lords of Shadow 2" part to be fully worded out in a movie poster. But otherwise, it's irreproachable.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 05:18:58 PM »
We had a few of these posters pop up in the LoS2 discussion thread. It's a shame it's not open for the US, since that's where most of the poster inspirations came from in the first place.

Nice work; I'd guessed you were submitting your own poster after that "FONT NAME" thread.
Gabula's face blends well in the mist, and I like the castle idea -- the trees don't quite fit, though. And you'd expect the "Lords of Shadow 2" part to be fully worded out in a movie poster. But otherwise, it's irreproachable.
No doubt, I was bummed at that. I gotta look through the thread now for those other  posters! I thought about wording out LOS but then it really wouldn't fit in the fangs and that would of blew my idea for the Fright Night logo. Thanks!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 08:10:17 PM »
So that's the reason why you needed the font eh? Good job!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 02:35:43 PM »
So that's the reason why you needed the font eh? Good job!

Thanks X. I posted it on twitter to Dave Cox yesterday and he's been re-tweeting it to the dev team and some others! For once, I could have won a contest probably and I'm not even eligible! lol

Tags:

anything