Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1849106 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #1860 on: June 04, 2012, 04:48:27 PM »
oh fun, every detail requires a theory adjustment.  my thoughts on the game containing 4 Belmonts battling Dracula each 100 years apart just went out the window with the revelation that Simon is Trevor's son.  i was imagining two other time periods with equal weight to them as Trevor and Simon's for the other two characters, but now not so much.  perhaps the other two characters are just an extra "mode" of play like Julius mode that you can play with once you beat the game, maybe without much of a story.  or worse, they could be playable in the main quest, but only in a single tiny area like Laura.  but regardless, i'm glad they are putting 4 characters in the game.

EDIT:  Nevermind, reread more of the Nintendo Power article and it still seems like all characters will have their own time periods within the game.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 05:28:02 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1861 on: June 04, 2012, 05:02:45 PM »
Here's a thought.

What if MoF is taking place before, during, and after LoS2? They did say we would be traversing the castle during many different time periods. If LoS2 is focusing on Dracula, this would explain why Simon may or may not appear in the game, but Trevor will as Alucard.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #1862 on: June 04, 2012, 05:23:02 PM »
oh fun, every detail requires a theory adjustment.  my thoughts on the game containing 4 Belmonts battling Dracula each 100 years apart just went out the window with the revelation that Simon is Trevor's son.  i was imagining two other time periods with equal weight to them as Trevor and Simon's for the other two characters, but now not so much.  perhaps the other two characters are just an extra "mode" of play like Julius mode that you can play with once you beat the game, maybe without much of a story.  or worse, they could be playable in the main quest, but only in a single tiny area like Laura.  but regardless, i'm glad they are putting 4 characters in the game.

Am I the only one who has thought that 4 characters doesn't mean four different time periods?

Since the reveal, I always figured that there were two time periods, one starring Trevor and one starring Simon, and each had a sub-character. I don't know who Trevor's side-kick would be, but my guess is that Simon is going to be rolling around with his father, aka Alucard.

Thinking about it now, though, maybe it'll go Trevor -> Simon & Alucard -> Dracula

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1863 on: June 04, 2012, 05:41:15 PM »
Am I the only one who has thought that 4 characters doesn't mean four different time periods?

Since the reveal, I always figured that there were two time periods, one starring Trevor and one starring Simon, and each had a sub-character. I don't know who Trevor's side-kick would be, but my guess is that Simon is going to be rolling around with his father, aka Alucard.

Thinking about it now, though, maybe it'll go Trevor -> Simon & Alucard -> Dracula
Well, that's how I interpret it when I read the following from Nintendo Power:
"In addition to him, players will get to control Simon Belmont (Trevor's descendant), as well as two other characters that haven't been revealed.  As the game unfolds, you'll control each character in his own distinct part of the adventure before switching to a new character - in a new time period - at a predetermined point."
But there is room for interpretation and it could be somewhat misleading.

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1864 on: June 04, 2012, 05:47:49 PM »
+1

EDIT:  Nevermind, reread more of the Nintendo Power article and it still seems like all characters will have their own time periods within the game.

Its not like being in different, distant time periods has ever affected the games other than the character looks (and not always) and some enemies.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 07:15:36 PM by Dominus »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1865 on: June 04, 2012, 05:48:05 PM »
Well, that's how I interpret it when I read the following from Nintendo Power:But there is room for interpretation and it could be somewhat misleading.

Agreed. Hopefully it won't be 4 different periods. I feel like that would be too bloated for 20 hours of gameplay

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1866 on: June 04, 2012, 06:03:17 PM »
Here's a thought.

What if MoF is taking place before, during, and after LoS2? They did say we would be traversing the castle during many different time periods. If LoS2 is focusing on Dracula, this would explain why Simon may or may not appear in the game, but Trevor will as Alucard.
I'm not expecting that to be the case because of the following Nintendo power quote:
... a climax that will set up the events of Lords of Shadow 2.
I take that to mean LoS2 will happen after the very end of MoF, and presumably the last time period covered in that game.  But it could work out some other way, considering the complicated temporal nature of the deal.  I really think that they want LoS2 to be the climax for the whole series though and "The End". 

Offline crystos

• chained in the lower levels of the cursed prison
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #1867 on: June 04, 2012, 06:50:25 PM »
I am completely confused. If Mirror of fate is a sequel to lords of shadow..featuring trevor gabriel's son. Why Am i seeing concept art of simon ? How can Simon and travor be in the same timeline?

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1868 on: June 04, 2012, 06:52:03 PM »
I am completely confused. If Mirror of fate is a sequel to lords of shadow..featuring trevor gabriel's son. Why Am i seeing concept art of simon ? How can Simon and travor be in the same timeline?

Time skip?

Offline crystos

• chained in the lower levels of the cursed prison
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #1869 on: June 04, 2012, 07:07:33 PM »
well looks like i'm buying 3ds just for this...

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1871 on: June 04, 2012, 07:49:59 PM »
The in-game footage looks very fluid. I had reservations about the shift between 2D and 3D, but it appears that it's nicely done here. There's as much background detail here as there was in Dracula X Chronicles, so that's a plus. And i'm digging the logo. My only qualm is Simon's Scottish accent.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1872 on: June 04, 2012, 07:58:51 PM »
wow interesting. So theyre makin it so the Belmonts do indeed have vampire in the bloodline. Interesting stuff

Offline meanguyjones

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #1873 on: June 04, 2012, 08:20:41 PM »
This is fucking incredible. There are so many possibilities on how this can end, its unreal.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1874 on: June 04, 2012, 08:28:48 PM »
+1
So going by that trailer, they knew Gabriel will go vamp and kept Trevor a secret from him as a backup plan from the brotherhood. And Simon is Trevor's backup plan in case the brotherhood's backup failed.

And you guys were right, Trevor is Alucard and I was right about Simon being the backup plan to the back up plan.

So the wolf in the LOS2 poster really is Amaterasu, and she will soon betray him. And before you guys call my prediction wacky (which it is I admit) there is this:

In Aria of Sorrow, the Amaterasu shrine, Tensho Doijin involked the eclipse that sealed Dracula's power and Castlevania.

Tags: .....? 

anything