Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406134 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I know what I read, and I'm pretty sure he said that or something very similar to that. BUT NOT LIKE IT MATTERS NOW

edit: thanks flyingchai  ;) I knew I wasn't mistaken.+1 for you, sir

How in the world can you guys remember that far back on such few words?  :o
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
How in the world can you guys remember that far back on such few words?  :o

My brain's a sponge, and if something makes an impression on me, I tend to not forget it.  ;)
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
18 Jan 11
CastlevaniaLOS @InDisChris - He is the first Belmont....and the last...but that is another story...

--------
There, he did. Look for his tweet on January 18 2011 if you want to see for yourself.
Now WHAT??  :P

but what is the point in bringing this up again? This is obvious..lol

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
but what is the point in bringing this up again? This is obvious..lol

Aside from Cox saying it, I for one would not have have taken it as a given. Especially since we don't even know what the circumstances under which Gabriel winds up being the last Belmont and outliving the bloodline when he's Dracula...
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

But yeah, its probably something to do with the fact that he is Dracula.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Aside from Cox saying it, I for one would not have have taken it as a given. Especially since we don't even know what the circumstances under which Gabriel winds up being the last Belmont and outliving the bloodline when he's Dracula...
It's a new storyline, people are looking too much into it.
Belmont clan starts with Dracula, dracula is the first Belmont in this storyline therefor he is the last since he is dracula and lives forever.

Doesn't seem confusing.

Thing is, what will happen with Alucard. Are they gonna ignore that idea of a character, will one of the belmonts just be alucard?...
who knows..

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
But the epilogue implies the 1999 battle, between, most likely, The Belmonts, Dracula, and Satan.

Unless there are no other surviving Belmonts by then, Dracula will most likely die. Either defeated for good, or getting his promised release from Zobek. And if there are Belmonts around, he wont be the last.

We will have to see either way.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
But the epilogue implies the 1999 battle, between, most likely, The Belmonts, Dracula, and Satan.

Unless there are no other surviving Belmonts by then, Dracula will most likely die. Either defeated for good, or getting his promised release from Zobek. And if there are Belmonts around, he wont be the last.

We will have to see either way.

Eh I took it as they might have dracula and zobek team up against the devil. To free Dracula from his puppet like life.....
So that would imply there's a chance that might be explored ( he might not have been open to it at that moment)..

Which means Dracula wouldn't be killed off, and he's immortal so.. I get what you're saying but there's no telling that the Belmont clan kept going...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 11:00:54 AM by CastleDan »

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Dave Cox said something that might turn out to be not true?

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Dave Cox said something that might turn out to be not true?

again..

Gabriel Belmont---->First Belmont---->First Belmont turns into Dracula----->Dracula is immortal = ...Last Belmont. ( especially if he changes his ways near the end of the series ans becomes good again

So there's no real lie here unless you are just trolling or hate David Cox for whatever reasons...

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Ooh.. I can swear other answer, still, my bad, gotta deserve those -1's

I guess that by last he means indeed that he's the last surviving, because he's alive in the future where the Belmont Clan exists no more (?)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 11:55:55 AM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Ooh.. I can swear other answer, still, my bad, gotta deserve those -1's

I guess that by last he means the last surviving, because he's alive in the future where the Belmont Clan exists no more (?)

Possibly this but at the end of the day he's the immortal one in the clan so....he will outlast everyone eventually. Lol

I really do hope they fit an Alucard into this somehow, I thought it was an interesting angle to the series....

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
what i wanna know is since when did people here get so sensitive & started accussing anybody that says something "wrong" about los as OMG TROLLING

it's kinda funny lol

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Possibly this but at the end of the day he's the immortal one in the clan so....he will outlast everyone eventually. Lol

I really do hope they fit an Alucard into this somehow, I thought it was an interesting angle to the series....
Unless someone DOES eventually come around and put an end to him, though if Cox IS right(and he didn't just give the answer without talking to Alvarez, nor is 100% sure of how they want the reboot series to pan out), maybe Alucard will be the one to put Gabriel to rest.