Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406209 times)

Offline Lords of Shitow

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
If that were is insider information, why refer to the game as "Lords of Shadow 2"? If the person can leak that kind of specific information, surely he would know the actual name of the game?

i think the thing is probably bs but i wouldnt be surprised if it was called LOS2 honestly. besides aside from mirror of fate thats the only CV related domain on konamis server

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Pretty disappointing if they do just call it "Lords of Shadow 2."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
I agree. CV games always had original names, it'd be a shame if it is only called LoS2. But maybe they're afraid fans don't understand it's not the sequel by giving it another name.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Remember that rumored trailer synopsis that the leaker ended up debunking? Im starting to lean on it being real after these lastest developments.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
Remembering some bestiaries from previous games, having some places taken from the Inferno or Greek mythology wouldn't be surprising.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
If this chapter listing is real, I'm guessing that in chapter 12 we'd get to play as Dracul.
Plus we'd fight Zobek and see his final form....
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 09:20:14 AM by flyingchai »
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Out of all the rumors we've gathered over the past weeks, this is the only one that I call bullshit on.
B-b-b-b-ut why?  ???

Everything comes full circle

Offline Lords of Shitow

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
if real i like how some of it kind of seems to have a simons quest flow

starting town -> forest -> bridge

cemetery/catacombs -> under a lake -> mansion

marsh called "belasco" -> crossing a river -> deadlands/wasteland, after which there's a "death masque" just like there was a death fight im SQ

dead forest -> depressing town -> cliff (called tempest cliff, wonder if a tempest transports you hah) -> and later a "vampire masque," kinda like the carmila/vampire mask battle from SQ

then drac's castle

probably reading way too much into it, got castlevania on the brain, haha

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Could someone reupload the pic to a non imageshack server? Can't see t  :-\

Everything comes full circle

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Sounds really interesting. It definitively has some CVII influence.

But they're only rumors, so let's be careful.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
if real i like how some of it kind of seems to have a simons quest flow

starting town -> forest -> bridge

cemetery/catacombs -> under a lake -> mansion

marsh called "belasco" -> crossing a river -> deadlands/wasteland, after which there's a "death masque" just like there was a death fight im SQ

dead forest -> depressing town -> cliff (called tempest cliff, wonder if a tempest transports you hah) -> and later a "vampire masque," kinda like the carmila/vampire mask battle from SQ

then drac's castle

probably reading way too much into it, got castlevania on the brain, haha
Man, now I'm really intrigued.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
I agree. CV games always had original names, it'd be a shame if it is only called LoS2. But maybe they're afraid fans don't understand it's not the sequel by giving it another name.

I think it would be utterly retarded if the actual name were that. It is such an unbelievable scenario I didn't even take it into consideration, which is why the use of the title initially made me suspicious of that list being genuine at all. That - and it being posted on 4chan.

If the game is going to be Lords of Shadow 2, I will be completely speechless.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

Offline Lords of Shitow

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards

from gaf

Just spoke to my wife at home. My new Nintendo Power is at home. She said the first title in the bottom left is Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 followed by Mirrors of Fate. Sounds like the generations part of the tease is the Belmont clan perhaps? I'll take pictures when I get home.

She also mentioned the cover is a guy in the woods, and it's snowy.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

RIP F5 key.

anything