Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406029 times)

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Well I got everything I wanted. I'm so happy I stayed up for this.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Wish it wasn't CGI, at least the first LOS1 trailer had gameplay clips every 3 seconds. It was good CGI but still....CGI

I knew this Dracula wouldn't be the type to sit on his throne and let his undead army to do the job, he's the warlord, wipe out entire armies by himself type I pictured him to be and he didn't disappoint (imo). Also, it might be me but he really resembles the Undertaker.

As for Alucard....he has a sword!

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
It was nice watching that on my flatscreen TV, lol. I never watch Spike TV either, but I had to watch it on TV. I could have watched the stream online, but why do that when you can watch it on TV?  :P

Now that I'm not busy anymore (was completely multitasking while watching that) I have to admit, that trailer looked pretty awesome. And I'll admit...I did get excited watching that trailer, especially seeing Alucard at the end! However, I'm being cautious until I see more on LoS2. I don't want to completely freak out and then find out I dislike LoS2. I still want to see more about MoF though.

E3, please...PLEASE come already! The wait is killing me. I want to know more about this stuff now!  >:(

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
(click to show/hide)

I'm nervous we're getting more of the same in the end. We already see that the titans are back. It's graphically interesting, albeit still in the range of "Game of the Hollywood Movie"; but I am nervous about the gameplay/camera/level design being substantially different.

I joked/warned that little cosmetic changes or shout-outs (ala Alucard) would change minds to go all in without a second thought, but I also said that that is not nearly enough for LoS to succeed in the way it needs to for the franchise's future. Fundamental work needs to be done at square one, and we can't let the "fan" within us to get ahead of "reason." That made LoS a real killjoy.

So far, Mirror of Fate is the more intriguing entry. But we'll see...

Is it me or the music in the trailer, before Drcaula opens the door to the balkony, sounds a lot like SCV4 music?

Vaguely in the droning, but not really.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards

Castlevania : Lords of Shadow 2 Official Reveal Trailer

Much better now for some reason on gt my computer slows down especially when it's hd, but not on yt.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Wonrei

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
I find it interesting that after becoming a vampire Trevor stopped using the combat cross and started using a sword. And Simon, his descendant, uses a whip. Lots of interesting stuff are going to happen on MoF, it seems.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Very impressive. Finally we see why Dracula is leader of the dark forces. And I think its the first time in the series, where personally do something instead of yapping and sitting on the throne.
I think original CV Dracula gets a bad rap. Sure he's defeated a lot, but to be fair, he's defeated by the most powerful of warriors(both vampire hunters at the peak of their strength and other heroes of supernatural origins). Any layman would perish in his wake. I never see it as original Drac being a pussy, but that the original Belmonts are just that more dedicated and badass, that they are willing to nip his threats at the bud.

I completely believe the Trevor=Alucard theory now. It really does look like him.

I have this feeling Simon won't even be in LoS2.
It depends WHEN LOS2 takes place. Oddly enough, I'm wondering, if the theories are correct, maybe this is LoS series's take on the whole CV3/1476 era. In LoS's world history, this would be when Dracula's ruling Romania.

I'm also kinda wondering if, considering Simon, they plan on making HIS segment take place earlier than in the original timeline. He COULD very well be present, just not in that scene(as someone mentioned, it DOES feel like a CG intro to the game). That could also mean he meets Alucard in HIS time(in MoF), but isn't aware who Alucard is.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Not too surprised at Gabeula having a whip. Someone needs to fill the archetypical "evil dude who fights like you" slot since Pan got offed. Should make an interesting boss fight.

Still more excited for MoF ATM.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Nah...I totally get Super Castlevania 4 vibe musically at the very beginning.

it's got this string sound The Waterfall: Super Castlevania 4 Music and type of melody..

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
http://events.konami.com/ 29:54, artwork/music teaser trailer for Mirror of Fate, on the floor at e3 June 5th.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
This news is so good I actually updated the main site!
On time, even! :P
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:17:48 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I'm also kinda wondering if, considering Simon, they plan on making HIS segment take place earlier than in the original timeline. He COULD very well be present, just not in that scene(as someone mentioned, it DOES feel like a CG intro to the game). That could also mean he meets Alucard in HIS time(in MoF), but isn't aware who Alucard is.
I like the sound of this. Perhaps this is Dracs first resurrection (after Trevor kills him in MoF) and that's why he smiles at Alucard (because he just recognized him). Perhaps Simon is the main Belmont in this time, and that's where the MoF connection comes into play.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
This news is so good I actually updated the main site[]!
On time, even! :P

Also updated the likes/favorites with LoS2  ;)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards

Castlevania : Lords of Shadow 2 Official Reveal Trailer

Much better now for some reason on gt my computer slows down especially when it's hd, but not on yt.
OMG!!!!! TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline REmaster

• EU SUNT DRACUL!
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Well I got everything I wanted. I'm so happy I stayed up for this.

Same here, it was worth it.
Oblivium Sempiternum Daemonis