Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406280 times)

Offline Lords of Shitow

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
blah, that's weird. i would have preferred a trilogy and another spinoff. LOS: the origin, MOF: the bridge game, LOS2: the middle, ???: the second bridge game, and LOS3: the conclusion (set in the future). but it seems like they're just going to end it here and have MOF serve as our glimpse of belmonts trying to take him down. weird.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)

Everything comes full circle

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
I'm actually a little disappointed this will be the end of the LoS saga. That trailer just raised so many questions and possibilities.

I agree. I feel like we're just getting started. There's so much potential here.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
It might be like wasnt it one of the rumored lists? that had the conclusion of the game in modern times?

Also, decrepit Drac definitely seems like a convenient plot excuse for having Gabe be weak "beginning of game" mode and have him re obtain his powers as the game progresses.

Also, i would be sad if this game concludes the MS Castlevania universe. I kinda called it when I predicted a trillogy or quartet, but to be honest, It feels like they are rushing it a bit to get the story over with.

Unless as said by Ahasverus, its simply the last "Lords of Shadow" and after we get at least 2 more games in the same universe without the subtitle?

I hope so, it would suck to end it on just 3 games.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Call mecrazy but I don't think we'll be playing as Gabriel this time seeing that he's pretty much overpowered (understatement) my guess is that Alucard will be the hero.
I'm guessing that too. Like it was mentioned earlier, it feels like an intro.

Though, I can't say I'd like to play as an overpowered anti-hero. That would be only yet another comparison to GoW for people to use to rag on this game. But other than that, it doesn't interest me. Not now. Like I said before, I want to see Gabula develope as villain, on the opposing side of us. I want to see him do some ruthless, evil things(not just tear up the battlefield like a badass). And I said this before, I want to yell, "You BASTARD!!!" at something terrible he does. I want a bastard of a Dracula!

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I agree. I feel like we're just getting started. There's so much potential here.
I think they are just testing waters. Again.
Then they'll drop the "Lords of Shadow" series and start a new trilogy in the new universe.

Also, decrepit Drac definitely seems like a convenient plot excuse for having Gabe be weak "beginning of game" mode and have him re obtain his powers as the game progresses.
The Drac in the trailer is not decrepit nor weakened, I think they are referring to the present plot with that part.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 12:31:52 AM by Ahasverus »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Perhaps, as Ahasverus, this is the end of the LoS part of the new canon. This really can't be Mercury Steam's last Castlevania, right now my knee jerk reaction is demanding these guys take the torch after watching that trailer.

That's the first time we have ever seen Dracula that powerful and actually DOING SHIT, and not just sitting in his throne room waiting for someone to kill him again.

Offline Mr.Bushido

• Vampire Hunter
  • I'm the insect woman
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Well, I'm happy about this being the last game in the LoS universe to be honest, 3 games sounds about ok to me

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
The idea sounds great on paper, but what made Alucard a good guy was his human side. A "Trevor's Darkness" Alucard would just be evil Trevor.
That's true but this in the Cox universe here and from what I've gathered anything is possible. Maybe for some reason Alucard will be full vampire? Just a thought. Moreover, being a vampire doesn't make one evil. But I'll guess we'll have to see.

Offline Raxivace

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Haven't beaten the first LoS yet, but I gotta admit I think the trailer for LoS2 looks cool.

Granted, it's just a little trailer so the gameplay might end up sucking but I'll be optimistic for now.
Who are you and why are you reading my signature?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Knew it was gonna be a trilogy, that's why Mirror of Fate has 4 protagonist in 4 different versions of Dracula's castle.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
That's true but this in the Cox universe here and from what I've gathered anything is possible. Maybe for some reason Alucard will be full vampire? Just a thought. Moreover, being a vampire doesn't make one evil. But I'll guess we'll have to see.

Historically no, but in the LoS universe vampires are Carmilla and her spawn, and Carmilla is the evil side of a one of the Brotherhood founders.

Offline Lords of Shitow

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
so now i think that trailer with alucard isn't actually indicative of what we're going to see in the game. i'm starting to think that's just a flashback demonstrating that he lived on a long-ass time and faced many generations of belmonts. but LOS2 really will take place after LOS1's drac-in-the-future ending. it'll show him fighting satan again and then probably dying one last time.

but maybe they just wanted to get the gabriel part of the mythos out of the way so from there on they can focus on more traditional dracula vs. belmonts in the past storylines, and they just wanted to conclude this aspect of the storyline while they're still involved with the franchise. this is the conclusion in the sense that it's the last numbered lords of shadow game starring gabriel and dealing with his war with satan storyline.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
so now i think that trailer with alucard isn't actually indicative of what we're going to see in the game. i'm starting to think that's just a flashback demonstrating that he lived on a long-ass time and faced many generations of belmonts. but LOS2 really will take place after LOS1's drac-in-the-future ending. it'll show him fighting satan again and then probably dying one last time.
This is.. plausible?  :o