Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406160 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Knew it was gonna be a trilogy, that's why Mirror of Fate has 4 protagonist in 4 different versions of Dracula's castle.
I can't help but feel the incessant negativity from the fans forced MS to make this a trilogy.

I feel really bad now.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I can't help but feel the incessant negativity from the fans forced MS to make this a trilogy.

I feel really bad now.
Perhaps the overwhelming positvity will change things midway production  ;D

Everything comes full circle

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Maybe depending on this game and MoF they'll make more. Saying it only is a trilogy of course.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
I just realized this thing was a Titan reverse engineered by the Brotherhood.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)

I feel really bad now.

If the games are spaced out right and MoF and LoS2 are really well received, then there should be plenty of opportunity for more Belmonts vs Dracula throughout the ages.

Offline Mr.Bushido

• Vampire Hunter
  • I'm the insect woman
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)

also i really dig this new gabriel, looks like it could have been designed by ayami kojima, to some extent

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
That's true but this in the Cox universe here and from what I've gathered anything is possible. Maybe for some reason Alucard will be full vampire? Just a thought. Moreover, being a vampire doesn't make one evil. But I'll guess we'll have to see.
But wasnt it mentioned in the DLC chapters that by becoming a vampire you lose your humanity? Isnt that what made Gabe finaly tip over the edge into the abyss? Losing his last shreds of humanity?

although with him there were other circumstances too, so yeah... if Trevor becomes a vampire more ala "Trevor's Quest" as part of the being scarred by the battle with Dracula or something, then he could possibly again, retain his sense of duty or whatever, and therefore, continue the fight against his father.

Alucard having white hair here could be a sign that he does not feed on Human Blood, unlike Gabe, who quite clearly does.

Also, anyone else notice theres a split second reflection of our mystery-(totally-not-Alucard)-man's face? too quick for me to note anything though.

on to the site however:

The dev team pics really tease a few things, including a shot of gameplay, and some concept art.

Also, they have the full pic of that wolf.

As well as another concept piece of the castle, this time sort of mirroring the teaser, what with Gabuella looking out over his place.

Again, they refer to him as Dracula.
Again, He is probably the only one who actually refers to himself as "Dracul" since he defeated Satan and feels entitled to the honors.

others however who fear and despise him, consider him bad enough to be the son of the devil, and instead call him Dracula.

Sounds plausible to me.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Also, they have the full pic of that wolf.
Strange, why is he holding a sword?

That wolf definitely has to be Alucard now too.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
I'm mostly just trying to figure out ways Trevor and Alucard won't be the same person. I won't lie I'm pretty against the idea.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Wait, did I miss something? Did Cox confirm that LoS will be a trilogy and that it's almost over?? When was this?!

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Wait, did I miss something? Did Cox confirm that LoS will be a trilogy and that it's almost over?? When was this?!
The story section on the site confirms this will be the end of the new canon.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Now I know how to do pics guy prepare for an upgrade guys and girls at least I hope so  :-X
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
The story section on the site confirms this will be the end of the new canon.
supposedly.

It's a conclusion to the Lords of Shadow series, but there could possibly be other games that dont carry the LoS subtitle, I guess we will learn more at e3 proper, or from Cox himself somewhere.

Actually, someone should tweet Cox and ask about that.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
You know, that Alucard totally reminds me of this:

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Gabriel's face is better. I am glad they improved that.

anything