Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406187 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I guess it was to be expected since this timeline is all about the story of gabriel.
Meh... can't say I like the whole "yet another dark anti-hero game where you play as a virtually BAD guy". God knows they've been done to death nowadays. Still looks interesting, though. Considering this is the conclusion, here's hoping that means they put an end to "Gabriel's Saga" and if they continue on(through another series), they focus on Belmont multiple characters(not just one).

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Wow this is lame, instead of the hero you play as the villain Dracula? I hope that doesn't hold true for the entire game.   

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
I'm not convinced. Sure they look similar, but their armor is pretty different and their details are different. This by no means is definitive, but I guess I'm just holding out that they aren't the same person. I thought making Gabriel a Belmont, was honestly, pretty stupid and the sort of thing I'd expect from Hollywood. Doing the same with Trevor/Alucard would be cliche and equally stupid. I expect better.

Not to mention they would literally repeat themselves if Trevor or Simon turns into Alucard. They're both a big no-no-please-no.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Look at how many people already have LoS2 as their favorite game/signature, sheesh

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
Look at how many people already have LoS2 as their favorite game/signature, sheesh

Heck yeah  ;D
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Meh... can't say I like the whole "yet another dark anti-hero game where you play as a virtually BAD guy". God knows they've been done to death nowadays.

True and it's a lot like what's happening with gritty reboots in movies and comics. Sometimes it is unfortunate that video game narratology reflects what happens in older mediums instead of running its own course.

Being heroic doesn't necessarily mean a one-dimensional or bland character. I mean, the very definition of heroism is not giving up in the face of adversity. That includes resisting personal impulses, inner evil. But I guess making it darker and edgier offers a fast smoke screen to avoid working on character development of higher maintenance level. Somehow, some people then forget that villains, anti-villains or anti-heroes can be just as repetitive as completely flawless heroes.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
It's somewhat bittersweet that this is already gonna be the last game in the LoS universe; I would've liked to see them make a nice trilogy on consoles with maybe 1 more portable entry after MoF (and, ideally, LoS-3 being a launch title for PS4/nextbox). However, I understand that it's wise for them to leave the series on a high note, rather than drag it out until LoS-4 or 5.

Kinda like how Seinfeld ended his show so abruptly, it being the highest rated show on TV at the time. He wanted to end it while it was still "good."

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
It should pointed out that Gabriels' flame whip or whatever it was from the CG looks even MORE like the Blades of Olympus from GoW than the Combat Cross did.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
It very likely boils down to sales figures, so let's not pull out the champagne bottles or black ribbons quite yet.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
It's somewhat bittersweet that this is already gonna be the last game in the LoS universe; I would've liked to see them make a nice trilogy on consoles with maybe 1 more portable entry after MoF (and, ideally, LoS-3 being a launch title for PS4/nextbox). However, I understand that it's wise for them to leave the series on a high note, rather than drag it out until LoS-4 or 5.

Kinda like how Seinfeld ended his show so abruptly, it being the highest rated show on TV at the time. He wanted to end it while it was still "good."

You know I kinda appreciate this from Mercury Steam. Instead of going the IGA route and just keep releasing numerous games and forcing story points to justify gameplay, mercury steam instead chooses to make a meaningful story with less entries.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I guess wouldn't be mad either if this was the end if LoS2 does wrap things up nicely.

Feels weird how the first game in this new series wasn't "Castlevania," but the last two games probably will be.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
True and it's a lot like what's happening with gritty reboots in movies and comics. Sometimes it is unfortunate that video game narratology reflects what happens in older mediums instead of running its own course.

Being heroic doesn't necessarily mean a one-dimensional or bland character. I mean, the very definition of heroism is not giving up in the face of adversity. That includes resisting personal impulses, inner evil. But I guess making it darker and edgier offers a fast smoke screen to avoid working on character development of higher maintenance level. Somehow, some people then forget that villains, anti-villains or anti-heroes can be just as repetitive as completely flawless heroes.
It's a trend, plain and simple, and I abhore it for being a trend(has a abhore trends in general). It's like group psychosis. People being duped into the flavor of the week because, in what ever short to long period of time it's popular, it becomes standard and is cool to like. Of course people within the trend try to justify it as being the new standard and how things will be judged from "here on out", like it's revolutionizing the world's perspective, but it's just BS rhetoric to try and squeeze the trend for all it's got.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I actually put it as a fave to show people I had put the graphic up.
I love all cv games so it's no problem.

If you wanna be weird, you can put "Encore of the Night" as your "Likes". :P
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline xscientist5000

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
Awh man, I don't want to play as weakened Dracula trying to regain power. What, so I can kill some innocent peasants? What I got from the trailer is "Okay this is what you're up against", not this is what you'll be. I think its a known fact that a game is boring as @#$! with an overpowered character.

In Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, the origin of Dracula and his legendary connection with the Belmonts was revealed. In Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, fans can expect thrilling new twists and challenges. In this shocking conclusion to the Lords of Shadow saga, Dracula returns once again, weakened and yearning for release from his immortal bonds. Facing a new and powerful threat, the vampire lord must reacquire his old powers – and only his castle holds the key. However, the famed Belmont clan also seek his ultimate destruction.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards

Go out with a bang right?

Kind of reminds me of The lesson of the moth. Do we live a short, but exciting life or live a long dull life, go for the flame like the moth and immolate your self and be satisfied.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

anything