Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406081 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
^Something unrelated regarding that piece of artwork. Did anyone notice it pays homage to artwork from CoD? The one with all the characters on it. Just look at Hector and you'll know what I mean.
I totally agree. It pays tribute to Kojima's work. At first, I thought it was Hector or Alucard.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)

The white wolf is Amaterasu and is also Dracula's second wife and you will be able to sick her at enemies as a wolf or transform into a falcon and retrieve far way items from hard to reach spots. And she will alert you if any enemies are around. She will also be able to transform into her true form and wipe out the enemies around you similar to the demon in LOS1.

That's wacky alright.

Is there any indication Dracula is going to have a second wife in this canon? A few people have been talking about it, feel like if they put her in it would feel super shoehorned in

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Is there any indication Dracula is going to have a second wife in this canon? A few people have been talking about it, feel like if they put her in it would feel super shoehorned in

Nah no indication at all, those two tombs in the the trailer are not Marie and his second wife at all. Nope no indication whatsoever.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Nah no indication at all, those two tombs in the the trailer are not Marie and his second wife at all. Nope no indication whatsoever.

I figured one was his.

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

Marie reincarnated as a woman named Mina perhaps

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Marie reincarnated as a woman named Mina perhaps

Don't even say that.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
^Something unrelated regarding that piece of artwork. Did anyone notice it pays homage to artwork from CoD? The one with all the characters on it. Just look at Hector and you'll know what I mean.
Also the last scene with fallen knights on the field, looks just like CoD intro.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
They could, but it would feel kind of forced, IMO. If Dracul(a) indeed has all those godly abilities, I think they should build the gameplay around them instead of trying to confine it to a standard platformer character.

I tend to agree, but that's usually not how game designers tend go about it I think. If they didn't have pits people would likely complain about that and if they didn't really have much in the way of platforming people would likely complain as well. I'd be fine with no pits in this game and just a "backtrack to where you fell and try again" style thing, but I imagine that would get a lot of people riled up. Also it might be a bit hard given the way they designed levels in LoS, which allowed for a lot of height to add to the impressive air of the areas. That tends to lead to a lot of potential for falls.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Or you could branch out of more traditional molds into experimental stuff like Otogi and etc.

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

What chapter list?

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
i hope they draw from Castlevania's diverse lists of demons that have appeared throughout the series.  other than Gremlins and Satan himself, demons really weren't seen in the first game.  Gabriel had to essentially conquer the "Land of the Lycans", "Land of the Vampires", and "Land of the Dead".  Now its time for "Land of the Demons".

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
i hope they draw from Castlevania's diverse lists of demons that have appeared throughout the series.  other than Gremlins and Satan himself, demons really weren't seen in the first game.  Gabriel had to essentially conquer the "Land of the Lycans", "Land of the Vampires", and "Land of the Dead".  Now its time for "Land of the Demons".

I liked the increased focus on vampires, but I figure anything involving a war with Satan is going to have demons.

And if there's a "Land of the Demons", it's going to be hell.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Dracula is gonna get so duped by the Succubus when she takes the visage of his dead wife.  I just know it.

EDIT

This scene could always be re-enacted.  Oh no!  Marie went to Hell!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 07:16:48 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Where's the [gameplay] beef? The cinema was it?

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Where's the [gameplay] beef? The cinema was it?

Cox said the focus of E3 2012 was going to be on Mirror of Fate.

So LoS 2 is either going to be released late next spring, or after E3 2013