Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406134 times)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I understand why we won't be fighting Slogra in LoS2 though. I mean, after all he's Dracula's ally, not enemy. Slogra boss fight in MoF however, sounds more likely.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I think Trevor just dies. Simon's character profile says both of this parents were killed.

It's always seemed like an interesting concept to me for a Belmont lose against Dracula, to help Drac maintain his reputation as a powerful force. I guess I don't mind the idea of Trevor dying.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

Alucard confirmed but.....the text would make you think that ...Trevor=Alucard...hrmm....same voice to from what I can hear...
Yeah that's what i thought too.
Unless Dracula has two sons, I can't see how Trevor isn't turned into Alucard. Or maybe his persona splits into two.One dies and the other continues into "living" as Alucard.

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
25 years is a long time and given that MS are trying to make Dracula's story as tragic as they possibly can I wouldn't rule out Gabriel marrying again. The line about a second chance could refer to just about anything, for example what if Alucard was imprisoned by his father and unexpectedly freed by Simon or Trevor? such a line could still fit such a scenario.

Offline jmodlin210

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
I am really excited and I am looking forward of Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 to play Dracula as Gabriel, other Belmonts, etc that is coming out for PS3 in 2013. Will there be DLC in Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2? Is Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 going to be the last game in the Castlevania Lords of Shadow Saga and after Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 gets released, will they release Castlevania Lords of Shadow 3 or move on to different things like new universe in Castlevania series?

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Cox just said on Twitter that Trevor is NOT Alucard.

And that Slogra will make a special apperance.

Special appearance = giving a thumbs up and a wink on a poster in one level.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
It's been confimed that the tomb Gabriel passes by in the trailer is Marie's.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Please link to when Cox said that, because he says a lot of things that haven't always been true or contradicts the games themselves*

*trevor turning into alucard.. so it seems

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Special appearance = giving a thumbs up and a wink on a poster in one level.

No, no, he already did that in the church at the end of LoS.

This time he'll be a sub-weapon that Dracula can use while airborne to drop on unsuspecting good guys.

Offline Redgrave

• Eu sunt dracul!
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I'm really excited for Castlevania: Lords of shadow 2.The first game blow my mind and i'm really liking everything so far.
As for alucard being trevor.......It could be and it could not.That alucard in the trailer says "It seems fate have given me a "second" chance.So it could be trevor.

Edit: Unofficial box art: http://www.castlevaniacrypt.com/up/2012/6/9
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 05:21:29 AM by Redgrave »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
Please link to when Cox said that, because he says a lot of things that haven't always been true or contradicts the games themselves*

*trevor turning into alucard.. so it seems
Not from Cox: "Marie's Tomb. Source from Konami screenshots file name"

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
It's been confimed that the tomb Gabriel passes by in the trailer is Marie's.

I figured as much, now we need to know who the other tomb belongs to. I doubt he will answer since it's probably spoilerish though.

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
https://twitter.com/CastlevaniaLOS/status/211483127175053312
Yes this will be the conclusion of the story we want to tell.
We then want to go on and tell different stories

NEXT, Reboot Again?
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Adventure, Dracula's Curse, Legends, Lament of Innocence, Lords of Shadows...  I'm so tired of origin stories I could go without one for a long time.  they might just pick up in the middle of a saga again like in Castlevania 64 and assume you know the drill.  heh, that was one of my predictions that went wrong.  i thought LoS would be in the middle of a new saga like the original Castlevania was with Gabriel substituting for Simon.  Ah, such blissful ignorant times.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 09:44:10 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I think he's actually implying that he wants Mercurysteam to go on to make other games besides Castlevania.

anything