Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406692 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
So Satan the final boss again in Los2? o.o;

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
So Satan the final boss again in Los2? o.o;

Much too early to tell. Depending on how long it takes for him to get back his power, he might not be there at all. Judging by the epilogue from LoS1, it takes him quite some time to recuperate.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
I'm calling it: Final boss is Zobek in his final form as Death.
I still don't believe he's out for anyone else other than himself.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

He might only be pretending to want Gabe's help because Satan is out for BOTH their necks, and he himself is not powerful enough to take him on, while Gabe, was most definitely stronger than Satan in LoS, and if he were to regain his former glory, the kind we see in the LoS2 trailer, he would be even more powerful.

After he defeats Satan, Zobek will most likely go to his "OH THE CHARADE IS OVER, OLD FRIEND" routine and reveal his true form and fight Gabe. like, "You have done well... Gabriel... as Promised, I WILL RELEASE YOU FROM YOUR SUFFERING" and try to just outright KILL him.

I feel confident we wont fight Zobek in MoF either- he might not even be present, in this continuity, Zobek- Death- is the mastermind, the big bad of the series. We have yet to fight him, and we will very likely fight him in loS2, as the true final boss. And y'know, im alright with that. It's pretty epic. Im not too sure Cox and MS would really rehash the Satan fight again. I mean, it just wouldnt fit.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 11:24:50 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
I feel confident we wont fight Zobek in MoF either- he might not even be present

The "lost soul" at the very end of the video with Enric Alvarez....I'm thinking is Zobek with a different mask on. That mask is part of the logo for MoF.
Back to LoS2...I doubt we'll have to fight Satan again. Although...it wouldn't surprise me if we had to descend into Hell. I don't know how they'd do an epic story about Dracula without bringing Hell into the picture.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 11:28:17 AM by flyingchai »
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Hey- what if Zobek is responsible for Trevor becoming Alucard? (if thats how it happens- which seems likely)

I mean, Zobek is Lord of the Dead, after all... He is Death. What if he resurrects Trevor as an undead to "give him another chance"? Since his undead origin is not the traditional method, and technically not derived from a Vampirism, he would be different? (The Yellow eyes, possibly the white hair)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Good theory, I agree here. I'm sure Zobek will be the narrator for the two games too.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards

Truly the king of narrating if you ask me. :)

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
One thing I want to correct you on Flame. Gabriel was not more powerful than Satan on his own. In fact, he was out of his league.

Gabe got a hefty powerup, including infinite magical power, in that fight. Gabe didn't even finish Satan off. Its very arguable that Gabriel was doing much damage at all. In the end he held him in place so God could WTFPWN him back to hell.

If anything, I think this showcases how much more powerful Gabe needs to get, and will get, in order to face the Lord of the Flies on equal ground in the future.

That is a prospect that actually excites me. Think of the insane moves and powers we may be able to employ if the game allows us to actually play out such a battle.

I may not be the biggest Lords of Shadow proponent, but I still recognize it as a decent game in it's own right. Just because I think it doesn't live up to the Castlevania standards and expectations, doesn't mean it's a shit game outright. I think some of the execution was brilliant in it's own way, if you think of it as a new IP. In that light I am legitimately interested to see what they are going to do with it. The prospect of fighting Lucifer on equal terms? Badass. The prospect of Zobek pulling the Coup de grâce? That right there is pretty epic.

Offline Leirbag

• duud !
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I mean, Zobek is Lord of the Dead, after all... He is Death. What if he resurrects Trevor as an undead to "give him another chance"? Since his undead origin is not the traditional method, and technically not derived from a Vampirism, he would be different? (The Yellow eyes, possibly the white hair)
Strong possibility , indeed... and he could come back temporary possessed by satan (yellow eyes)

« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 04:40:37 PM by Leirbag »
Whip it with fire !

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
My local Gamestop is reporting that the date for LoS2 is New Years Eve this year. That can't be right can it? My first thought was maybe that's the day they start accepting pre-orders for it. Anyone have any other info on this?
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
My local Gamestop is reporting that the date for LoS2 is New Years Eve this year. That can't be right can it? My first thought was maybe that's the day they start accepting pre-orders for it. Anyone have any other info on this?
Maybe for pre-orders. Cox said the game would be released in 2013, but I don't think it'd be released on NYE.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards

Mine said mid February just yesterday. They do not really know. They just guess at it until an official date comes out.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
everyone knows that gamestop is full of shit
it's common knowledge
they've been in trouble before for their shady business practices