Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406196 times)

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Ignore the Gamestop date until other, more reliable sources back it up: they tend to use a lot of placeholder dates but have a bad knack for giving that date out (depending on what employee you speak to) as the actual date. Then trying to get you to reserve it. XD

As for LoS 2, I honestly am hoping I get to beat the ever living crap out of Zobek ever since the end of the first game. He's so annoying smug. He's the perfect 'love to hate him' type.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Gamestop date is just a temporary one, they always do that for all games without any concrete release info.

I wouldn't expect LoS2 until later next year, probably in the fall or winter.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
If it was coming out by the end of this year or the start of next year, you bet your ass they would show off footage. I think we all knew from the early words back in 2010 that the game was a 2013 title, but probably the back end of that year.

Offline SaibotMK

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I never did play more then the demo of LoS, not that it wasn't probably a good game, it just didn't spark my interest enough to actually buy it. I know about the story for the most part from spoilers and honestly the only thing that has sparked any interest for LoS 2 is the fact your playing as Dracula. Like you are playing as Dracula, that is what the game is about, LoS led up to this.

What I think is... Lame, but at the same time I understand it for what type of game it is, and that is Dracula is using a whip...

It might be a dark magical whip he unleashes out of his hands but that is straight up Belmont style whip action with the added teleport. Ok that's fine, whatever, like I said Dracula is the only thing carrying it for me, otherwise I would utterly care less about the game. My personal opinion

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I never did play more then the demo of LoS, not that it wasn't probably a good game, it just didn't spark my interest enough to actually buy it. I know about the story for the most part from spoilers and honestly the only thing that has sparked any interest for LoS 2 is the fact your playing as Dracula. Like you are playing as Dracula, that is what the game is about, LoS led up to this.

What I think is... Lame, but at the same time I understand it for what type of game it is, and that is Dracula is using a whip...

It might be a dark magical whip he unleashes out of his hands but that is straight up Belmont style whip action with the added teleport. Ok that's fine, whatever, like I said Dracula is the only thing carrying it for me, otherwise I would utterly care less about the game. My personal opinion

It's heavily implied that he carries other weapons besides a dark whip.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
Well it seems that LoS2 will be playable at gamescon

http://www.el33tonline.com/past/2012/8/9/gamescom_2012_excitement_expectations_and_hopes_for_konami/

If this is true then I'll update the facts page for LoS2  when it happens :)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
He will use more weapos than just a blood whip, jest look @ the poster

as yew can see, he has a swoard in his hand. the wolf may represent 1 of his many transformation, cuz if yuo remember, he absorbed the Lord of the Lycan's power, as well as Lord of the Vampiers. He doesn't require Lord of the Necromancer's power, cuz he already killed CthulhuForgotton One and took all his power, which he was the "sovereign of the plane of darkness" according to his in-game bio. I wonder if their will be "devil forgery" or "weapon forgery" similar to Curse of Darkness?  ???

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Mmmh, I think MoF will be playable, but it's maybe too early for LoS2.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Well it seems that LoS2 will be playable at gamescon

http://www.el33tonline.com/past/2012/8/9/gamescom_2012_excitement_expectations_and_hopes_for_konami/

If this is true then I'll update the facts page for LoS2  when it happens :)

If this is true, then I'm excited to see something for LoS2. At first I thought they had mistaken it for MoF but seeing as they mentioned it (and being playable) prior to anything for LoS2, I've got a little more faith. We'll see though.  :)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
That's interesting to hear. When LoS1 was playable at E3, it was released only a few months later. Does that mean we'll get an early 2013 release? Still seems unlikely though...   

Offline Mathias Hyperion

• Vampire Hunter
  • Wanderer in time and space
    • The Forgotten Library
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
as yew can see, he has a swoard in his hand.

Which looks uncannily like the sword Alucard has in the trailer.
"These are dark times. Times without hope." - Zobek

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
Which looks uncannily like the sword Alucard has in the trailer.

actually, it doesn't.

As you can see, Alucard's sword has sharp points sticking out only on 1 side of his sword.

Not only that, but he has some kind of yellowish/bronze metal pieces that are inbetween the sharp points to the right side of the sword.

The sword Gabriel has does not have that same design obviously.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 11:36:36 AM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
If the argument about it DEFINITELY being a different sword is over the design differences between a painted rendering and the CGI sequence, I'll point out that the back of Dracula's cloak is adorned with more gold in the art than in the CGI sequence and therefore isn't identical either. The elbows of his gauntlets don't have gold pointed tips in the trailer either, unlike the poster art.
I'm sure in reality, he's wearing the same thing, it's just rendered slightly differently in two different media.

I'm with Mathias on this one, it probably is the same sword with a significance about it.

http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards

That guy said it looked uncannily like the sword Alucard used.

I pointed out that it did not.

I never said the 2 swords weren't the same, although I don't believe they are.

Believe what you guys want to believe, but that sword DEFINITELY (yes I used that word again) doesn't look the same as the one gabriel used in the artwork.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 06:41:58 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

anything