Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406071 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #1245 on: November 09, 2012, 05:49:05 AM »
Fanning myself, that's hot. 8)

I have to see this in motion.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
That castle looks ridiculously large.  :o

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I still don't understand why the castle is connected via giant chains (wasn't that first seen in the [terrible] Van Helsing movie?)
because it looks cool. and cv traditionally draws inspiration from dracula movies. also,
terrible? thats like, your opinion.
, man.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
because it looks cool. and cv traditionally draws inspiration from dracula movies. also,
, man.

It's really a terrible movie. People that find it good are actually pretty rare.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
yeah that movie sucked dude. lol
hopefully the proposed reboot will be better

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Damn, that screen is impressive looking.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
can i jump off

it'd be neat if the castle was actually this coherent space, where the castle is actually as big as it is and rooms fit in where they are. so that you can find shortcuts as gabriel by taking mad death plunges and scurrying along a flying buttress

and then you secretly find a bathroom and everything makes sense now.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 02:29:19 PM by thernz »

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
, man.
I dont think it looks THAT cool. Might be an interesting design choice the first time around, but it really has no realistic purpose to connect castles with giant chain links. I mean, if it was a floating castle, and pieces of the castle were tethered to each other to keep from floating off(I'm kinda thinking about the chain in Chrono Trigger that keeps Mount Woe grounded). Other than that, it's just not that interesting a design choice as far as artistic liberties are concerned. For Van Helsing, it can slide but maybe they should've taken their own liberties(just like many other aspects of the LoS) and represent the castle in a new way(that didn't resort to "big chains" connecting the castle).

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Maybe the castle is chained because it moves from location to location, which is the reason why the castle looks like it's not on top of that mountain. I would be a good excuse since they've already established that the castle is a living entity, unless they reconned that. *Shrugs*

I bet that there will be some type of puzzle involved where you have to move the towers with the chains.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 04:28:50 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
yeah from what i saw they designed something big to be explored ! can't wait
i wish that the game will contain a big inventory too where you can keep your items , sub weapons , relics and keys  ;)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 04:50:05 PM by Dengo vlad tepes »

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
yeah from what i saw they designed something big to be explored ! can't wait
i wish that the game will contain a big inventory too where you can keep your items , sub weapons , relics and keys  ;)

Well Cox and team seems to like to distance themselves from the metroidvania approach on things, so its unlikely we will be seeing a lot of collectable items and weapons in LOS2.

Although it would be freaken great considering what has been revealed about it being a very large open world kind of game.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I bet that there will be some type of puzzle involved where you have to move the towers with the chains.

sounds like one of the "puzzles" from God of War II, which involved moving giant chains that were connected to the main "hub" closer

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
sounds like one of the "puzzles" from God of War II, which involved moving giant chains that were connected to the main "hub" closer

Could be, I wouldn't put it pass them to do something similar since well, it's already similar enough to God of War anyway.  :P

On the otherhand, the revelation that the castle is alive and could be mobile if the chains were removed sounds interesting but I don't see Mercurysteam being THAT ambitious.

Plus, being able to control the entire castle like a titanic fortress sounds stupid. I mean, who would enjoy something like that?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 05:56:35 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Haven't they said this game would have more exploration? The game could be just about exploration, backtracking, etc. It certainly would be much better than whatever we had in LoS 1, where we had to play the stage again to get the missing items.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #1259 on: November 09, 2012, 06:25:26 PM »
It was confirmed in the press release that the game would be open world and not stage based.

Anyway, it seems that we might get a full reveal soon. We're already getting offscreen in game shot's, a full blown trailer might not be too far off but im not setting my hopes too high tho.