Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406069 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Trailer looked alright. I like Robert Carlyle but his delivery was kinda lacking.

Surprised to see him use a sword. I assumed the licorice whip would be his main attack; maybe it's part of his dark magic in this one? That'd make sense as the cinematics made it look pretty OP. Hopefully the sword's fun to use.

Maybe it's the script

cannot go to sleep  ???
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I'm gonna wait for the game (or more info) to really judge the story yet. I'm willing to believe that being sealed away fro so long, so deprived of blood really fucked up his brain, leaving him with only vague memories of how powerful he once was.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
I'm gonna wait for the game (or more info) to really judge the story yet. I'm willing to believe that being sealed away fro so long, so deprived of blood really fucked up his brain, leaving him with only vague memories of how powerful he once was.

He seems to be so powerful that he's going against the living, the dead, the holy, the unholy, and everything and anything else that's inbetween.  Yeah this version of dracula makes mathias look like a pushover.

(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
He seems to be so powerful that he's going against the living, the dead, the holy, the unholy, and everything and anything else that's inbetween.  Yeah this version of dracula makes mathias look like a pushover.
You don't know what you're talking about...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 05:06:30 AM by Maedhros »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Looks BADASS!

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
I hardly recognized Jack Osbourne. Seems he went from his "slim adrenaline junkie" form to a Patton Oswald lookalike.

Dialogue was indredibly narmy. If it had a poweful delivery, it might not sound so silly. But Robert Carlyle still sounds like Robert Carlyle.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 05:52:36 AM by Santa Count »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
Trailer was good, but I really thought we would get something with more gameplay and stuff.

My guesses after the trailer:
- Dracula was put to sleep by Simon/Alucard or by himself.
- Intro of the game is in the future, then in the past (flashbacks), and the finale in the future.
- We control Dracula during the whole game and we kill EVERYTHING (Belmonts, angels, demons, Alucard, the Order, etc.)
- In the end, 2 options: Gabriel dies and is reunited with Marie (unlikely) OR Gabriel destroyed everything and is reborn as the new king of evil.

Anyway, I'm so hyyyped! :D

Offline Heuss

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Dracula never be the same after Lord of Shadows...
The Dracula's revenge

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
But also, the more greater his hatred is, the more derpy his reasoning seems(so far). From this view point, it just seems like they are trying to make this Dracul(maybe we SHOULD distinguish him as being something "different" than "Dracula") as being the ultimate rebel.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 07:21:19 AM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Wait..a villain is cooler if he just wants to destroy everything and everyone?

I knew 80's was kind of in, but come on..

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Trailer link is dead.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
HOHOHO it seems the main difference now is

Akumajo Dracula: Ruler of Chaos & summons/creates demons to do his bidding
Lords of Shadow Dracul(a): Conjures up weapons & dislikes everybody, demons included (but why? my theory is that the demonic creatures are still loyal to Satan, since Dracula basically usurped his throne, they want revenge which also links to what Zobek said "Satan's acolytes are preparing for his return.")

Anyone else agree?

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
I think I like the old Dracula better.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
I KNOW I do. There simply aren't enough magnificent bastards with occasional lapses to philosophical misanthropic dialogues around anymore.

anything