Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406246 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
On a tower's tip, no less.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
hohoho Gabriel never impaled his enemies like that, but perhaps he will in LoS2 (in fact, that should be his signature move, not some "blood whip")

Akumajo Dracula never impaled anyone like that neither, at least we've never seen him do it in-game. However in SotN upon confronting Death you can clearly see numerous impaled corpses in the background, and Vlad III's portrait even appears in-game as a summon, so perhaps he did impale his victims "behind the scenes." At least he still used the traditional name "Vlad Tepes" in the canon timeline. LoS Drac will prolly never call himself Vlad (hell, he doesn't even call himself Dracula)
Even though I understand why Cox and MS refer to him as Dracula(because of Dracula's importance to the CV series legacy as a whole), maybe we could just go on ahead and say he ISN'T Dracula, but Dracul. I mean, yeah, even the original canon referenced the name "Dracula Vlad Tepes". LoS doesn't even seem to reference this nor the actual region(eastern Europe) the lore originates from. You could easily say the LoS takes place anywhere from France, Germany, even the British Isle, and it could be very well plausible because the setting is just "European Medieval Fantasy". It almost seems like an alternate Earth altogether, where various events within the world never occured. Original CV tried to play on the "secret history" approach, where certain dark things were going on in OUR world and throughout history(CV3's the first to do this, via the "true" reason Dracula was killed in 1476). LoS, who knows, maybe Wallachia, Transylvania, Romania and such don't even exist at all. Other empires arose, other holy orders were formed, resulting in a world that is historically similar, but entirely different.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
It doesn't really matter if you call him Dracul or Dracula. Not even the producers can decide which to refer to him as.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
It doesn't really matter if you call him Dracul or Dracula. Not even the producers can decide which to refer to him as.

It wouldn't make much sense to call Gabriel "Dracula" given the circumstances. In fact, Dracula as a name hasn't meant jack diddly since Mathias was fashioned up for LoI.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
And what about we don't care and let MS/IGA/Konami name their characters as they want? :)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
I'm getting a Legacy of Kain vibe of all this. the possibility of Alucard being playable too (as hinted by Cox) time travel and stuff.. I like it.

I don't like it at all. Mostly on account of I already played Legacy of Kain.
"Stuff and things."

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
It wouldn't make much sense to call Gabriel "Dracula" given the circumstances. In fact, Dracula as a name hasn't meant jack diddly since Mathias was fashioned up for LoI.

Tell that to the guys in charge.

Pretty much everyone in charge of this game calls him "Dracula" in interviews and advertise him as such.

Obviously it must make some king of sense to them.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
And what about we don't care and let MS/IGA/Konami name their characters as they want? :)

Pretty much this.

LoS's story isn't historical anyway. What if Gabriel is simply calling himself "Dracul" as a title, or such, rather than actually as his name?
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Cox: "Everything in the VGA trailer is in-game, no CG."

OMG  :o

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
HOHOHO i remember Cox saying Lords of Shadow should be viewed as "Dracula Begins" story
but lets address him as "Dracul" instead, because Dracul means dragon in Romanian and Dracula means son of the dragon so it wouldnt make logical sense to call him son of the dragon cuz he is a dragonjeuwidjwnhyx

point: they're putting too much thought into name/philosophical meanings, CV's antagonist is Dracula, get the damn name/spelling right, sheesh
i'm sorry for the rant & it seems like a small issue but things like this just bother me, just like how "Richiter" bothered me in PoR mistake or not, Schneider Belmont to Reinhardt (although the latter sounds better, they could've just picked 100 better names than SCHNEIDER. what was wrong with, i dunno, "Reinhardt Belmont?")
or if they altered another's name to like "Adriansen," changing stuff for no reason

DRA-COOL

that was obvious
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 09:34:57 AM by Santa Clisis »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
That was not obvoous at all. That's Next-gen stuff right there. In current gen. Hats off to MS.

Also, if my memores doesn't decieve me, Cox said that DRACUL was the name given by himself, how he liked to be called, and DRACULA was how people call him, because they don't see him as the greatest evil but the second greatest (after Satan).

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #1571 on: December 09, 2012, 12:04:00 PM »
+2

OMG  :o

Framerate aside, the first game looked great, so it's no big shock that this looks better. But im willing to bet that it was the PC version that was shown.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
i'm sorry for the rant & it seems like a small issue but things like this just bother me, just like how "Richiter" bothered me in PoR mistake or not, Schneider Belmont to Reinhardt (although the latter sounds better, they could've just picked 100 better names than SCHNEIDER. what was wrong with, i dunno, "Reinhardt Belmont?")
They've picked spare name lying around, that's left after devs axed Cornell from the game. His initial name was "Reihardt Cornell".

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
They've picked spare name lying around, that's left after devs axed Cornell from the game. His initial name was "Reihardt Cornell".

Where did you hear this? I've never heard that before.

It makes a little sense since "Cornell" is generally used as a last name, but still.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Heuss

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Trevor Belmont / Gabriel Belmont

Alucard / Dracula

« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 06:14:21 PM by Heuss »