Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406356 times)

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VuWQo3ti96g

Official upload of the VGA trailer, read the quote in the intro... Not Edmund Burke but Friedrich Nietzsche... Well done.

And use headphones... They added electrical synth similar to SCVIV intro... Or I'm just trippin'

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Here.

Interesting read.

They actually poked fun at "Schneider Belmont" and "Reinhardt Cornell", so they asked fans to submit their own names for the characters. And as a result, we got Cornell and Reinhardt Schneider.   

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Official upload of the VGA trailer, read the quote in the intro... Not Edmund Burke but Friedrich Nietzsche... Well done.

HO HO HO that's a nice quote n all, but i think they definately should've used a quote from the Bible instead, such as Dracula's quote from Symphony,

For what profit is it to a man,
If he gains the world,
and loses his own soul?
[Matthew 16:26]

or this,

For the gate that leads to damnation is wide,
The road is clear,
And many choose to travel it.
[Matthew 7:13-14]

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #1593 on: December 10, 2012, 12:28:30 PM »
I must be going crazy but I watched the trailer again I think I saw Dracula walking out of the church with his cape on moving towards the street. :o

I hope Im not the only one seein that.

James Locklin‏@flyingchai01

@CastlevaniaLOS .....That red cloaked figure hobbling out of the church WAS Dracul about to cross the street right? haha

Dave Cox‏@CastlevaniaLOS

@flyingchai01 - Yes well spotted :)

The heck you guys figure that out I'll never know
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
High five, Kingshango! hehe. Seriously, that red cloak was on his lap in the epilogue...and he was hobbling.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
High five, Kingshango! hehe. Seriously, that red cloak was on his lap in the epilogue...and he was hobbling.

And you just connected the dots from there good memory.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Damn I never would have caught that. Good find.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Dracul's looks like a Hobo as he walks out of the cathedral... I wouldn't be surprised as he walks into an alley filled with hooligans with baseball bats and be like,

"HEY! We fucking hate crackheads! You wish you had crack right now didn't you, little bitch... Because this is reality!"

He gets a couple blows on Gabriel.

"Hey guys, look. This guy's tough... didn't even fall yet. What's the matter? Piss and beg, you little cunt!"

The hooligans around him laugh and Gabriel looks at him,

"All of you will weep for mercy..."

The kid with the bat,

"Wha-?"

Gabriel widens his jaws and bites the kid's neck, drinks his blood and throws his body towards a wall leaving a crater. Everybody is shocked and run for their lives and you hunt the rest of the kids who laughed at you, but if you don't...

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
More pointless shit...

Ruined Clocktower

Vampire Warrior
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 03:12:36 PM by Zetheraxza »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Oh hey it's that guy from the trailer who Gabe Dracula- oh pardon- 'Dracul' kills.

We sure hes a vampire? seems more like a demon or something. Why would he be fighting AGAINST the Lord of Vampires? Leftover resistance of Camilla's?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
RE: CASTLEVANIA NAMES HISTORY & N64:

Hey, I got mad love for Reinhardt and the gang (and more so as time goes on). Let's get to the bottom line: I didn't hear anyone get snippy when we had a whip character with a non-Belmont name before--MORRIS! That was years before CV64, setting that up as a possibility, and even CotM carried that on with GRAVES. Honestly, it's very neat, and shows that the Belmont line/tradition can be carried down in different ways, since who's to say it's always a MALE heir's Belmont blood that gets passed along. Or, who's to say a Belmont proper is always there and capable at the time of Drac's coming? You gonna send out 4-year-old Trevor or 80-year-old Simon?

Personally, I would love a sequel in the style of CV64/LoD--reading the old interviews with the creators, you can tell they're very committed to the Castlevania brand and doing all sorts of subtle things with it to make it breathe as a world in 3D. Even LoD didn't include everything they intended for the N64 game/s, with some leftover elements ahead of their time for video games. READ: http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,4917.0.html

RE: LoS2 NEW ARTWORK:

This may seem an oxymoron, but the clocktower art seems, well, lifeless. There's not a lot of character to it. It's just drab and ruined. Like LoS' artwork, it's grand and dramatic, but I don't know that it's going to translate into CG with a lot of personality or spectacular level design. The monster design looks nice; though, again, is this another guy we finish with a QTE?

There's been a discussion on here about the Draculas and Belmonts over the years. (We all forgot about Kid Dracula, who would easily defeat Gabriel or Mathias!  ;)) Let me just say there's one problem that LoS inherently brings, and I think someone noted this. Basically, you're championing a bad guy at various points, when these games have always thrived for me as a ostracized but holy good fighting all odds against supreme evil. But I'll stop, as I'm starting grumble now. :P

EDIT: One last point and food for thought. Has putting big names like Patrick Stewart, Robert Carlyle, and Jason Issacs really elevated the narrative punch of Castlevania any more than established but lesser recognized voice actors like Michael McConnohie (Rinaldo Gandolfi) or Dave Wittenberg (Leon Belmont)? I don't see how you could make a case for that, regardless of how compelling Patrick Stewart could make the Dictionary sound. Honestly, it's like if Solid Snake was played by Bruce Willis instead of David Hayter, would that make Metal Gear 100% more mature and serious? Them pushing these Hollywood names is a part of that "sensationalist" bent I mentioned earlier in the thread that helps hamper LoS. Oh, and while we're at it, it's come to my attention that GoW's Kratos and Gabe have some similarities. They both were driven mad by the death of their wife (which they both caused), they both turn on their allies, they both kill a super-powered being, and in the process become more like that being...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 09:38:57 PM by RichterB »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Too much awesomeness...! I'm so hype :D

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
These new designs, are so much better than the first LoS, i think this time will have something interesting to get and play with.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
+1
Basically, you're championing a bad guy at various points, when these games have always thrived for me as a ostracized but holy good fighting all odds against supreme evil

This has to be one of the biggest problems I have with LOS and the reason why I can't find myself liking any of its characters they are all either bad or halfway there.
The new Simon isn't past killing anyone who gets in his way and even Trevor who is supposedly a righteous warrior is out their ripping monsters guts out without restraint.  I'd be genuinely surprised if Alucard turned out to be a nice guy.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
They actually poked fun at "Schneider Belmont" and "Reinhardt Cornell", so they asked fans to submit their own names for the characters. And as a result, we got Cornell and Reinhardt Schneider.
Thank you. I didn't know that bit.

Personally, I think LOS is more about evil versus even greater evil. Besides, I am pretty sure, that Gabriel will somehow redeem himself and ultimately will sacrifice himself to save the world.

anything