Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406026 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
That would be pretty neat. LoS with classic CV tunes. I'm imagining some form of Vampire Killer for when you enter the castle.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
The mods can do even more than that simple things. (simple for who understand how to do that, not me. lol)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Of course! PC have 10x the power of a PS3/X360, it can trump over the game shitty optimization and give us 60FPS/1080p easily, given you have a good GPU.

LOL
My computer can barely play Dragon Age on its lowest settings. LoS would look horrid, and have an abysmal framerate if it would play at all without crashing/overheating.

BUT what you say is definitely true for people who are willing to pay large amounts of money regularly to keep their computers up to date.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
My computer can barely play Dragon Age on its lowest settings. LoS would look horrid, and have an abysmal framerate if it would play at all without crashing/overheating.

BUT what you say is definitely true for people who are willing to pay large amounts of money regularly to keep their computers up to date.
Lol.
Maybe it's time to get a new PC. They are getting more and more relevant on these last 5 years. Next Gen, they'll be even more relevant, as the new consoles are basically PC's (with coding to the metal, as their OS's and drivers (etc) are specific for them).
It's not even that expensive nowadays.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I think it is cheaper to get a new pc and keep it updated from time to time rather than get consoles that are stuck with the same specs.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)

The initial investment CAN be a bit costly (anywhere from $800 to $3000), but if you know what you're doing, building a reasonably powerful gaming PC isn't the hyper-expensive expenditure it is sometimes made out to be. Though, "hyper-expensive" is definitely relative.

It's a very relative issue. Up until now, a console is going to cost you $200-$400 dollars, which means two consoles (about a 13 year shelf life) is going to cost you $400-$800 bucks, which definitely comes in cheaper than the PC parts you're going to be spending over 13 years, but your PC games will most likely look nicer than their console equivalents.

It's mostly a matter of priority.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
The initial investment CAN be a bit costly (anywhere from $800 to $3000), but if you know what you're doing, building a reasonably powerful gaming PC isn't the hyper-expensive expenditure it is sometimes made out to be. Though, "hyper-expensive" is definitely relative.

It's a very relative issue. Up until now, a console is going to cost you $200-$400 dollars, which means two consoles (about a 13 year shelf life) is going to cost you $400-$800 bucks, which definitely comes in cheaper than the PC parts you're going to be spending over 13 years, but your PC games will most likely look nicer than their console equivalents.

Is there some kind of tutorial for this kind of stuff?

mods can can even chage levels right? Like some of these skyrim videos.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 08:52:16 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards

I don't know about that since I'm not a pc person. But if you have a friend that knows how to build his/her own pc, then you can get a great gaming pc without the high cost.

Yeah, it depends on what games you want more. Like if you are fond of RTS, then PC is the only way to go.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Yes, in 4chan. I've downloaded one before to see their opinions, /g/ is actually a cool place. Its a image with specs, pieces and prices.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)

Building a PC is more simple than you'd expect.

But if you're looking for a tutorial, here's a great one I found in the last year or so:
http://lifehacker.com/5828747/how-to-build-a-computer-from-scratch-the-complete-guide

EDIT: On topic, are there any rumors on when some more gameplay info/videos/pictures/etc are going to drop?

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I don't know about that since I'm not a pc person. But if you have a friend that knows how to build his/her own pc, then you can get a great gaming pc without the high cost.

Yeah, it depends on what games you want more. Like if you are fond of RTS, then PC is the only way to go.

None of my friends are pc gamers asa far as I know.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

EDIT: On topic, are there any rumors on when some more gameplay info/videos/pictures/etc are going to drop?

Nothing yet, other than press people being extra hyped at what they saw of the game in Madrid, it's been dry .

But seeing that the game is already being showed to the press, we shouldn't have to wait long till we get some media soon ( possibly during GDC.)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
I built my current PC nearly 4 years ago at this point, for $1,800. I can still play new PC releases at full specs on my TV at 1080p.

I did however go higher than most people may expect to, since I built mine specifically for game development.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Ypu haven't even mentioned the gread advantage of PC gaming: preservation.
When this console gen dies off, and no more copies of the games are being pressed, you won't be able to find a certain game you could be interested in, and of course, modern consoles don't last a lot. With a PC you have the back catalogue of what, 30 years? at your disposal, emulation, and backwards compatibility. And more often than not, they play and look better than ever.

This is what I'm talking about

And well, is it costly?.. I think you are typing your responses from a PC lol so you already have the biggest investment. A RAm upgrade will cost less than $100, if your PC is less than 5 years old your CPU should be just fine, and a card that will probably max out all your catalogue is in the range of price of a new console. And for 200 you could buy a budget one that could make games look better than the console versions already!. And you can plug the PC to your TV with an HDM, and then use the 360 controller: BAM, a console better than consoles.

I don't have a gaming PC lol, but I know its advantages, and as soon as I get a job I'll build a nice baby.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 11:58:37 AM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Ypu haven't even mentioned the gread advantage of PC gaming: preservation.
When this console gen dies off, and no more copies of the games are being pressed, you won't be able to find a certain game you could be interested in, and of course, modern consoles don't last a lot. With a PC you have the back catalogue of what, 30 years? at your disposal, emulation, and backwards compatibility. And more often than not, they play and look better than ever.

This is what I'm talking about

Heh, seeing as this is a Castlevania forum, you're not gonna show Castlevania games in high quality?