Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406082 times)

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
PSP emulation is clunky at its best. Really, not woth the hassle. Hope it improves though.

You wanted Castlevania? HERE COMES CASTLEVANIA

(click to show/hide)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Please do it, I want see more of this awesomeness. :p
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
Please do it, I want see more of this awesomeness. :p

Right.  I can do the credits of Normal and Joachim Mode tonight if you give me a little while; I'm kind of OCD so it will probably take me a bit longer than it would if someone else was doing it. XD  I've already got post-game saves of those two run-throughs.  I can probably get through Pumpkin or Crazy Mode this weekend, but I dunno if I'll have time to do both. X_X

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Take your time and try to have some fun while at that. I've never beaten LoI or CoD so almost any screenshot will be new to me. xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I played LoI on the PS2 for both Leon and Joachim and I never stopped to look at the pictures.

Anyway, back to topic.
New info from spanish interview: LoS2 will have 3 HOURS of cutscenes.

I hope those 3 hours will be meaningful.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I hope those 3 hours doesnt mean less 3 hours of gameplay or 1 hour of these 3 being QTEs.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 01:55:16 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Did Joachim's credits first.  The first pic was right after I opened my save in the save room and the rest are from the credits.  I took three images of the second credits pic; in the first pic, you can see him in the background, and I pasted the other two together so you get a clear view of his face because text is always over some part of his face in that pic. >_>

Tell me if they came out okay; I'm not very familiar with the program I'm using.  First pic looks rather pixel-ish to me:

(click to show/hide)

I'll do Leon's next.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 02:08:21 AM by Gaawa-chan »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I hope those 3 hours doesnt mean less 3 hours of gameplay or 1 hour of these 3 being QTEs.

OUCH! QTEs!
Good Lord please no more QTEs....

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Good Lord please no more QTEs....
Heh Good "Lord", I see what you didn't do there xD

These screens are good, a little grainy to me (it can be my eyes though), but still good.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
These screens are good, a little grainy to me (it can be my eyes though), but still good.

I'll have to fiddle with it.

*Beats up the grim reaper with squeaky shoes and whip* Here are some random cut-scene screens and the credit pics from Leon's credits.  Disappointing compared to the alternate character mode pics (Pumpkin has an awesome credit pic in particular), but someone might like them:

(click to show/hide)

There's a special pic at the end of Crazy Mode, so I'll nab that one when I do it.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Dammit! I came here to post exactly this... :(

But seriously... fuck QTEs. There's 0 excuses for this, it's never well implemented and never will be well implemented. Next gen should make them extinct.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Next gen have already found their replacements for QTE's.

They're called STE's (slow time events) in which the button prompts don't appear but time slows down for you to do a certain action during a cutscene. See Beyond Two Souls for more examples.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards

They're called STE's (slow time events) in which the button prompts don't appear but time slows down for you to do a certain action during a cutscene. See Beyond Two Souls for more examples.
If the control is on the hand of the player and they aren't abused, GREAT.

Button prompt's only? NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

Okay, is this TRUE? Remember, this is an idea I proposed a bit ago? I said, if there are QTE, I want freedom to be in the hands of the player, and THEY get to choose what to do in situations and how they want to play. If they want to kick someone in the face, they can do that, but if they want to headbutt instead, they can do that too. I remember I mentioned how I want a CV with "free blade" esque whip swinging (inspired by the limp whip of SCV4). If this type of thing becomes popular, and QTE DIES a horrible death, I just might have a new perspective of the industry and new hopes for the future.  :)

anything