Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406085 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Okay, is this TRUE?

Yes, Quantic Dreams (the makers of the QTE centric Heavy Rain) new game Beyond Two Souls uses this instead of QTE's. Another game that apparently does this is The Last of Us, only there's no slow mo in that. Even God Of War Ascension tried something like it even though that game still had button prompt's on the screen.

Hopefully this catches on and button prompt QTE's can go away but I got a feeling that it'll happen later rather than sooner. :-\

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
If they love QTE so much, why they didn't do a new Dragon's Lair and call all programers that loves QTE to do it? This could be more masochistic than Dragon's Lair 2. xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
If they love QTE so much, why they didn't do a new Dragon's Lair and call all programers that loves QTE to do it? This could be more masochistic than Dragon's Lair 2. xD

All these QTE-happy developers should definitely come together and make a Dragon's Lair game together. Just pour every little QTE idea they have in their body and be done with it. Get it out of their systems. Then we can all finally move on!  :D

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
All these QTE-happy developers should definitely come together and make a Dragon's Lair game together. Just pour every little QTE idea they have in their body and be done with it. Get it out of their systems. Then we can all finally move on!  :D
It really IS something that needs to die. And I'm being blunt, but serious. STE, IMO, would be the natural evolution from QTE. A perfected evolution. Anything that can keep a tight idea as well as relinquish freedom back to the hands of the player is, IMO, a preferred, or even IDEAL evolution in gameplay.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
If STE is the future, then I am willing to try it.
As long as the power is in my hands.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
As much as some of my recent favorite games have used them (namely Bayonetta and Metal Gear Revengeance), yeah I wouldn't be sad at all if they disappeared.

I like it when you don't need an on screen prompt to know what buttons to press please.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
So Alucard has white hair and looks like a monster because he hasn't ever fed. If he fed he would look like Trevor again. Interesting info.

Everything comes full circle

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
So Alucard has white hair and looks like a monster because he hasn't ever fed. If he fed he would look like Trevor again. Interesting info.

Oh really?
But he can finish enemies off in MoF by feeding on them, can't he?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Something I noticed in the VGA trailer is that from the few seconds of gameplay, Gabriel looks like his old self  (only with red eyes) after feeding on a soldier. Either this is nice attention to detail or it's another case of cutscene model looking different from the gameplay model.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Probably the only source of blood he feeds from. Other monsters.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
I also found no sense in Alucard's appearance, since he was beautiful as Trevor and then became a monster, but Gabriel remained handsome when turned into a vampire (even when he was just newly turned into a vampire in LoS).
I didn't know about that feeding explanation, but it seems a little far-fetched to me.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I also found no sense in Alucard's appearance, since he was beautiful as Trevor and then became a monster, but Gabriel remained handsome when turned into a vampire (even when he was just newly turned into a vampire in LoS).
I didn't know about that feeding explanation, but it seems a little far-fetched to me.

Well the Mirror of Fate graphics ingame did not do Alucard justice IMO.

Judging by the artwork, Alucard/Trevor still retained his good looks.

I'm pretty confident that he will look better in LOS2, more akin to his artwork appearance.

Just compare the looks between the artwork and game and you can see the difference.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 06:07:30 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
He took ALL of Laura's blood. In other words, he completely bypassed any and all stages of the chain, and went straight to full fledged high vampire.

Given that Gabe looks like shit after not having fed in centuries, it makes more sense than you think. I mean, Assuming Dracul has no problem with feeding on blood, (he had completely embraced what he has become- he even got himself a fancy new outfit) he would retain his looks for as long as he feeds now and then. Alucard on the other hand, seems to have turned under different circumstances. For one, his change was not voluntary, unless by being dead it doesn't have to be, and he skipped all stages as well, skipping the monstrous man-bat phase.

Back to theory here, but maybe because he is of Gabe's blood he doesn't need to go through them? Either way, probably something to do with being dead, or because he didn't bypass ALL stages, and went to a close enough stage. (more corpse-looking, but not a bat man)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I think he needs human blood to look human.. no?

Everything comes full circle

anything