Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406150 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I was going to suggest that it may be one of those things where skulls do not represent evil in older ancient societies (bone ossuaries exist, for example, and those weren't considered "evil")
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

Konami ‏@Konami
Are you ready for the return of The Dragon?
Relive the Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 VGA trailer & get preapred! http://youtu.be/wmmTlVFJbGk

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I am excited. Hopefully, they'll show us some gameplay this time.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I just hope the Darksiders/Arkham City comparisons were true. This game desperately needs to be more like those games, and less like God of War, in my opinion. But I doubt it. It's probably gonna feel very familiar, albeit with more super powers for Gabula.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I still don't get the comparison. It never felt like GoW to me...
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I still don't get the comparison. It never felt like GoW to me...
Maybe you never played a GoW game...

Just like Dante's Inferno or Bayonneta felt like GoW. All of them with their own differences, but from a gameplay view, they're pretty much the same.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
I agree with Flame. Granted, I've only played the first God of War, so the sequels may be more like LoS and I wouldn't know.

But Bayonetta feeling God of War? Sorry, you've really lost me there Maedhros. It's your opinion, and that's fine. I just don't see it. It seems a lot like saying Megaman and Contra feel like the same basic game. Sure they have things in common; sidescroller, shoot things, bosses... but they're two very different beasts.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

Tank physics jumps.
Press button to connect on a hook the chain whip/chain blade in case of Kratos.
White Ledges in both games. The difference is that in LoS you go up with along with the chain, just a case of different animation.
Combo/Stylish combat/aerial combos. Some of the combos are even the same, the difference is on the weapon used and that they got their own systems.
QTE Brutal kills.

The setting and level design was different, but in gameplay, I don't see the many differences on both games. They are pretty similar.

Your comparison with Megaman and Contra was pretty invalid, as they are completely different games despite both being sidescrollers. Of course LoS and GoW are both action games. That's not what I'm disputing here.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Bayonneta felt like GoW. ...from a gameplay view, they're pretty much the same.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
YEah, Bayonetta was stretching it a bit. But the point stands with GoW and Dante's Inferno.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
YEah, Bayonetta was stretching it a bit. But the point stands with GoW and Dante's Inferno.

At one point I did hear about DI being worked on by some guys who did work on gow but that was some time ago. My memory is foggy so I can't really say anymore than this.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Dude, they're totally the same games really for sure. You guy a person on the screen, and you run around and fight shit, and press the buttons to do cool things.

God, why cant you people see it. It's so obvious.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
One of my main concerns (amongst others) is how is the platforming gonna be handled. No doubt that Gabriel will still be shimmying but his shimmy speed better be like x50 faster than his snail paced speed from the first game. There should be no excuse for Gabriel, now turned badass superpowered vampire Dracula, to still be slow while shimmying, especially since he can possibly fly in game.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Everything comes full circle

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
One of my main concerns (amongst others) is how is the platforming gonna be handled. No doubt that Gabriel will still be shimmying but his shimmy speed better be like x50 faster than his snail paced speed from the first game. There should be no excuse for Gabriel, now turned badass superpowered vampire Dracula, to still be slow while shimmying, especially since he can possibly fly in game.
This is one of the problems I see not being addressed. If they DO address it, they'll lift my eyebrows. Dracula's supposed to be inhumanly strong, inhumanly fast and could do things, well, INHUMAN. Quite frankly, shimmying would be AGAINST his entire BEING. Why would Dracula need to shimmy? He's fuckin the vampire DARK LORD, ass kicker extraordinaire. If Dracula somehow has to resort to plank-walking, shimmying and careful ledge climbing, afraid of falling because if he FALLS a great distance, HE(Dracula) will sustain "fall damage", his entire reason of being will be reverted to the most pussiest of vampires since the Twilight saga.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 10:02:13 PM by DragonSlayr81 »