Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406202 times)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Well, it sure sounds like an improvement over the first game. In fact, it sounds like they're aiming for "SotN in 3D". I don't quite understand how the camera works just yet, but I like the idea that you can control it. It could possibly make for more involving level design and environments. Though I actually liked most of the level design in the first LoS so I'm not so worried about that. It's the tedious combat I couldn't stand. Oh, and wall shimmying... :/

But whatever. This is probably gonna be better than the last two games. The question is if it's gonna be MUCH better or just slightly less dull...

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Everyone's talking about scans and I feel jelaous u.u

Everything comes full circle

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
- Enric Alvarez says the city is "Chicago by way of Bayonetta's Vigrid, with pseudo Medieval growths erupting from every surface"

So it's Gotham City.

- All-new, extra-titanic Titans

The one thing that was nearly universally reviled about the game.
The one thing everyone was glad didn't show up in MoF.
Fuck you, MS. I have no hope for this one either.

Actually upon further reading it seems that al they're really doing is replacing the SotC battles with GoW (actual) Titan battles a'la Cronos / Gaia. That could be a good thing.

And on a side... to the writer of that article... on the subject of this person advocating mid-battle checkpoints... pussy!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 01:25:20 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
And on a side... to the writer of that article... on the subject of this person advocating mid-battle checkpoints... pussy!
Yea, another big complaint of mine for the LoS series is having checkpoints for boss fights. That's how you know the bosses need to be streamlined or reworked. It doesn't feel like a proper boss if you can just keep trying again and again mid battle. It should be all or nothing for one go, a real challenge.

EDIT: Higher res shot from the scans.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 02:23:02 PM by OSM »

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Yea, another big complaint of mine for the LoS series is having checkpoints for boss fights. That's how you know the bosses need to be streamlined or reworked. It doesn't feel like a proper boss if you can just keep trying again and again mid battle. It should be all or nothing for one go, a real challenge.

EDIT: Higher res shot from the scans.

It was my theory that they are trying(with MoF and this) to make his facial hair more pronounced. The artwork on the previous page shows it as being REALLY defined. My guess is that they are trying to make him look more Vlad III-ish(and less rugged stubbly Gabriel of the first game):

I'm still not liking his bare chest. Dammit, man, get a chest plate or something!!!

Oddly enough, regarding his look, I might've said this before, with his longer hair(yet still pretty full) and his somewhat facial hair, he looks like some 1980s rock star or head of some metal act. I could see him coming out in leather pants with a dragon tattoo on his chest, screaming into the mic and ripping it up on his pentagram-shaped guitar.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 05:56:35 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Well he's no Lestat but I can see that happening given that he's already wearing leather pants.

Speaking of, anyone else looking forward to Dracula's interaction with the modern world? I can already see him entering a underground rave filled with humans and monsters in disguise. It's cliche as all hell but it's somewhat obligatory to a point where I'll be disappointed if it didn't happen.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 06:19:11 PM by Kingshango »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Epic reputation aside, I've always felt the giant turd on Vlad III's lip looked silly o.o;

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
Epic reputation aside, I've always felt the giant turd on Vlad III's lip looked silly o.o;

never thought of it like that.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I won't be jumping in immediately right now. Unless i see more proof aka gameplay.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards

goddammit Nappa

Plus 1 anyway  :P

Here comes the hype train. Choo choo....
I won't be jumping in immediately right now. Unless i see more proof aka gameplay.

like wise but this is way more promising than mof. For now...... What about the music?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
like wise but this is way more promising than mof. For now...... What about the music?

Last I heard the soundtrack is suppose to be a mix of orchestral and electronic synth. I can't think of any examples of that right now though.

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I have the scans. I hope it's allowed to share them. The pass is dracul.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lprlh2

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
I have the scans. I hope it's allowed to share them. The pass is dracul.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lprlh2

Interesting. I like the bits about the camera. It sounds like they're being kind of innovative with it. I really don't like controlling the camera myself because I would rather focus on the action itself if possible. Being able to switch between an automatic camera like the one in the first LoS and a manual camera sounds neat.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
You made my day, thanks! (Also, LOL at being re-tweeted by Cox)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 04:43:36 AM by Chernabogue »