Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406286 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards

It's actually from some the same person who previously leaked all the MoF stuff before it got officially announced(!).

Anyway, Pre-E3 show will be on June 6th and they will show a new trailer of LoS2. 

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

Still, even if he requested it, remains to be seen if MS will comply. They don't have to if they dont want to...

also, unrelated, but:

http://operationrainfall.com/konami-castlevania-mega-man/

ouch
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
As previously discussed many times before, a lot of game companies/franchises are misguided nowadays, not just Capcom, so that may seem like an unfair cheap shot at them, but they are the most repeat offenders as of late due to MM's tragic fall from grace. There's Square Enix's handling of the FF series, amongst others (however they seem to be doing pretty good with their Play Arts Kai toyline)

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow was a 3D Castlevania game that broke the tradition of previous 3D Castlevania games and did incredibly well, mostly because it was basically God of War: Germanic Mythology Edition. This led to the equally successful Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate,

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Oh naw, doesn't feel cheap at all. It's true. A painful jab, but true. Castlevania adapted and changed, and took a risk with LoS, and it paid off, bringing the franchise back into mainstream gaming media, and re-inventing it to attract new audiences while trying to keep at least some of the old audience.

Mega Man just plain NEVER changed. It changed VERY rarely, only in the 3D games, and those are far and few. The Legends games, Battle Network, X7, and X Command Mission. Those are the only Mega Man games that really changed anything drastically. BN in particular, was a hit.

Capcom has no balls to take risks, never really has taken risks and made something really different, and as a result they seriously have no idea what to do with the franchise.

yeah... "successful"...
maybe they've seen numbers we haven't?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 03:41:02 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
maybe they've seen numbers we haven't?

Perhaps the number of items shipped but not sold?

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Maybe the budget was so low that even with the shitty sales it got to be profitable.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Didn't DXC sell well enough to be re-released by Sony under the red-banner 'Greatest Hits' label? I do believe that is awarded to games based on sales rather than critical reception. Though I imagine the threshold for selling well on the PSP wasn't all that high and IGA said that while the game sold according to Konami's expectations it didn't make him jump up and down.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
The only IGA games that were sold very well were SOTN and DoS. The others made money for Konami, but didn't really set the world ablaze.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Didn't DXC sell well enough to be re-released by Sony under the red-banner 'Greatest Hits' label? I do believe that is awarded to games based on sales rather than critical reception. Though I imagine the threshold for selling well on the PSP wasn't all that high and IGA said that while the game sold according to Konami's expectations it didn't make him jump up and down.
I wouldn't put too much stock in greatest hits labels. Hits are not the only games that go there. The ones that don't seel or are stuck stagnating for a while are too, so people will buy them "because it says it's a hit"

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
So let me tell you all about my wild INCEPTION-like dream concerning Lords of Shadow 2.. (warning: LONG semi-descriptive post ahead)

I can't remember exactly how it all started, but I was playing a demo of the game. I assume, story-wise, it began not too long after the events of Resurrection but before MoF. I mean, it must have been before MoF and before he claims the castle, and I'll explain why later. I was controlling Gabriel/Dracula in a gray-colored, damaged environment. I was fighting several demons using nothing but bare-hand combat. Dracula looked fierce, I recall just his idle stance was VERY menacing & just looked so badass. The rain just made the mood and environment all the better (I guess, now that I think about it, it kinda mirrored the first stage of LoS1, but obviously way better). After a few minor battles there was a boss or mini-boss, a lion-like creature. I was just controlling Dracula with extreme melee combat, no weapons or magic. There was also several obstacles I had to overcome while battling/escaping this lion-demon. After a while I was at this puzzle-like corridor. The graphics were REALLY nice, almost impressive. It was like perfect 1080p resolution, it was so vivid. I really wish I could paint a better picture of what I was seeing. Anyway this puzzle corridor was confusing at first, but was simple once I figured out how to get through it. I remember it involved mirrors somehow, and some climbing. I had to do some back-tracking and double takes to figure out what was going on. If you're well-versed in action & puzzle games then you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Now, before any of you punch me in the face, I will say this; Yes, there WAS shimmying, BUT it wasn't bad or annoying or out-of-place. I can tell because the constant shimmying in the first LoS really annoyed the fuck out of me. But here it was different, and somehow made sense! I recall it was a large wall structure with a clock-like design on it. I had to shimmy my way up there, but there was sliding panels so it wasn't as easy as it seemed. As I got closer to the top the camera would pan out to reveal this giant clock-looking structure. Oddly enough I don't remember falling or starting over at this part, it just took some patience & careful timing. But it wasn't long at all. At the top I encountered the lion-demon-mini-boss again, and engaged it in quick combat. I don't recall ANY QTE's, though there could've been and I just can't remember those intervals. Now that I think about it this creature could've just been the Daemon Lord seen in MoF, it had a similar design. After this part, I was suddenly at this portal-like part. This was the end of the demo, because for some odd reason, once I reached this part the game gave me the option to CHOOSE which "type" of Dracula to play the rest of the game as: the "melee combat" version, the "Draconis" version (yes, I remember it was distinctly titled Draconis, and it was Dracula with magic-like abilities as opposed to melee combat), and the third and final option was an amalgam of the first two. It was obvious to me that just about everybody was gonna choose the third "type," so I was wondering why they split it up like that. So this is the reason why I believe it took place before MoF, cuz I couldn't conjure any weapons or use magic or teleportation, yet Dracula had these abilities in MoF. After that, the demo faded to black and simply said "Coming Soon 2013."

Now, I remember "waking up" in this auditorium, saying to myself that I just had a dream I had access to LoS2! I was also surrounded by YOU guys, various members from this fucking forum. I don't remember what any of you looked like, nor had no way of distinguishing anybody, but somehow I KNEW it was certain members, such as Kingshango, Flame, uzo, Munchy, A-Yty, X, Pfil, etc. The basic forum regulars. I was semi-surpised, but then I got up from out of my chair (yeah, I apparently fell asleep in a chair whilst all of you guys were just hanging out). I told you guys that I just had a crazy dream that I was playing LoS2, and proceeded to act out how I was playing in front of you all. Yes, ACT OUT. It was so fucking bizarre but normal at the same time.

Then I wake up FOR REAL, 10 minutes before I had to go to work this morning. Everything was still clear in my head, and I was thinking WTF just happened. I came to the realization that I just had a "dream within a dream," and am now typing this all up in my office for all of you to read my experience.

Thoughts???

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
You know you've been playing too much castlevania when:

You start dreaming about Castlevania

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
You know you've been playing too much castlevania when:

You start dreaming about Castlevania
That happens a lot to me too. I knew I wasn't the only one!  :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
That happens a lot to me too. I knew I wasn't the only one!  :)

Yup me too. I just recently dreamt I was playing a new Sorrow game starring Soma.

Crisis, that was one epic dream! I think you are just dreaming about your ideal LOS2, though.

Oh and Konami posted this 8 hours ago.
http://instagram.com/p/ZY7HXsr3mv/

We shall soon hear more news.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 11:42:51 PM by Shiroi Koumori »

anything