Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406265 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Will almost definitely be getting this. Still haven't played MoF though.

Really?

Than why is it still listed as your favorite game?

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Because I'm pure evil. Evil I tells ya! EVIL!!!

>:(EVIL! >:(
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards

@CastlevaniaLOS  Hi dave, is Dracula the only Playable character in LOS2?
@RoKaneshiro - Yes

So there you have it.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
...no Alucard.
...no nothing.

...no 1.999.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
...no Alucard.
...no nothing.

...no 1.999.

Ruler of Chaos

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
...no Alucard.
...no nothing.

...no 1.999.
Uh, tell me how you can deduce that from the fact that Gabriel is the only playable character  :o

Alucard is in the trailer, a Belmont is confirmed... wut

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Well, it is possibly to deduce that from the characters. There isn't going to be an all-out war between humanity and Dracula with a Belmont, a Belnades, etc. in the front lines. It might be the "MercurySteam version of 1999". I really hope it won't be, though. They chose to be a separate story, so they should act like it.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Cox already denied this was going to their version of 1999 (thankfully). It's IGA's story, and he should be the one to tell it.

There's also the juicy rumor that IGA personally vetoed the name Julius.  :) 

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Castlevania 1999 would be a really nice way to make up for MoF. While I enjoyed it, I know it's the least well received handheld Castlevania to date. The people want IGA back.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)

Everything comes full circle

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Well, here is the thing. The LoS Saga is inspired and it borrows alot of Locations and Characters (Mostly name drops) from the Classic Timeline, especially IGA's take. Rinaldo's disappearance is one of the biggest mysteries in the game and MoF made it alot more significance to Rinaldo, not just as a backstory but one of the old men who came to collect baby Trevor is actually Rinaldo's younger brother and the mysterious Toy Maker used to be Rinaldo's best disciple. Now the modern times, Dracula's final fight is one of the anticipated stories to tell. Now Cox, who borrows the stories from the OT. He will put alot of references in prior to the game and I wouldn't be suprised if the game took place in 1999. LoS2 is the final game and therefore it's going to be Gabriel's final fate whether he emerges as being Victorious, defeated or just freedom from Immortality. If Cox isn't going to use Julius, he is either going to make a new Vampire Slayer (Insert your name here) Belmont. The most ironic thing that can happen is if the final battle with Dracula would be with Leon Belmont in 1999. I would trip the F*** out. I'm keeping my expectations low this time so I can "convince" myself to be impressed unlike what the last two games did... and my hype train was a Japanese Bullet Train... It crashed.  :'(

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
posting just to bump this back up the page.

Some spambot is spamming the hell out of this section with reviews lol.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
but one of the old men who came to collect baby Trevor is actually Rinaldo's younger brother

what

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards

In case your wondering I am referring to the review spam guy in the section.

I would not have as much of a problem with it if it where not for the fact that,

a. It pushes more interesting topics to the bottom

and

b.He could have just made 1 topic for all his reviews.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Not to sure if it was explained in the game but I remember hearing somewhere (probably on Cox's twitter, again not entirely sure) that the elder of the brotherhood is Rinaldo's younger brother, who was in all likelihood killed by Dracula.