Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406084 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
So my biggest fear just might come true. A Dracula that takes fall damage, can't fly, has to resort to shimmying like a common Belmont(or mere mortal) and has to attack crates and barrels more than once to break them. A sad bear am I..... :-[

I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they wouldn't resort to something so cliche, and that they might've come up with a better, more interesting style of play. Though, given they went with the "seen it a mile away" Alucard's "secret identity" in MoF, maybe I was just hoping too much. LOL!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 11:58:26 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Also, there's a metroid-twist at the beginning (You start with all the abilities and then lose them)

This tired-ass shit again? I suppose it's to much to ask to simply structure the beginning of the game so that you learn things on your own. Seriously the level of hand holding in this era of "epic" gaming is just turning me on to new games all together.

My money is still on this ending up like an updated Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 08:12:03 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Got some scans from the latest Hobby Consolas magazine.

pass: dracul

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zkt8t4

-MS showed the E3 demo.
-Development at 60%.
-3 weapons: Blood whip for basic attacks, Void Sword for magic attacks and Chaos Claws for breaking enemies guard.
-The game takes place in one night, in the modern world, most of the time the player will be inside the castle
-Demo start with Gabriel sitting in his trone with a chalice in his hands, amazing level of detail (textures, lighting..).
-3 hours of cutscenes with facial mocap.
-Alucard is on the demo (he show up at the end).
-The game will have modern architecture, but it will "in line" with classic Castlevania architecture.
-The E3 demo is focused on gameplay and they will keep the story in secret, it seems that the demo it's the beginning of the game.

English it's not my first language, did my best :)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)

Everything comes full circle

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Will it be released for PC?
And if it is, will it be simultaneous with PS3? Or will it be released some months or a year later?
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
If they will release it on PC, it will be later than the PS3. Maybe a year later...

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
So my biggest fear just might come true. A Dracula that takes fall damage

I haven't heard anything like that, is that confirmed in the scan or are you just going off assumptions? Granted I wouldn't put it pass them to do this but I just want to be sure.

Everything else from more shimmying and such doesn't surprise me at the slightest, I just hope he'shimmys faster.
The is not coming this year, count on it

March is going to be a very popular month, I can feel it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 03:13:29 AM by Kingshango »

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
I haven't heard anything like that, is that confirmed in the scan or are you just going off assumptions? Granted I wouldn't put it pass them to do this but I just want to be sure.

Everything else from more shimmying and such doesn't surprise me at the slightest, I just hope he'shimmys faster.
March is going to be a very popular month, I can feel it.
I'm just going off the fact that there is fall damage in LoS and MoF(Alucard even takes damage from falls). I'm guessing, when they depower Drac, it's going to be an excuse to do the same thing to him(basically render him similar to all the heroes in the previous LoS games).

Though, the nail in the coffin(hehehehe) would be(and there's a chance it CAN happen, but also a chance it won't) in the modern era, you play as Dracula and encounter human enemies like security guards or the police, and Dracula dies via being gunned down. The thought of that just churns my stomach. That someone like Dracula can be taken out in a hail of bullets, by some "Joe Schmoe on patrol"!

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I'm just going off the fact that there is fall damage in LoS and MoF(Alucard even takes damage from falls). I'm guessing, when they depower Drac, it's going to be an excuse to do the same thing to him(basically render him similar to all the heroes in the previous LoS games).

Though, the nail in the coffin(hehehehe) would be(and there's a chance it CAN happen, but also a chance it won't) in the modern era, you play as Dracula and encounter human enemies like security guards or the police, and Dracula dies via being gunned down. The thought of that just churns my stomach. That someone like Dracula can be taken out in a hail of bullets, by some "Joe Schmoe on patrol"!
original Canon Dracula was just as much of a chew toy. Anyone who wandered into the castle could beat him.

At least LoS gives justification through him being almost totally depowered (presumably)from his centuries long slumber.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
original Canon Dracula was just as much of a chew toy. Anyone who wandered into the castle could beat him.

At least LoS gives justification through him being almost totally depowered (presumably)from his centuries long slumber.

I must have been talking crazy..... nah  :P

If I were to describe it in one picture it would be this

While both have a unique quality I'll go for the "unrefined oaf" over the "pansy"

I  still stand by what I said and say that old cannon Dracula is  a pansy  ;)   :P
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Im %101 sure that Dracula will fall victim to cutscene to gameplay segregation, much like Dante in DMC, Superman in every Superman game, Goku in a DBZ game and any game where you play as an immortal. Bullets will indeed hurt him in gameplay but whether or not he receives fall damage is unknown atm (although he seemed fine when he fell out of the church but once again, cutscene power is in effect there.)

« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 09:25:10 AM by Kingshango »

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

Anybody that could get to him anyway, but considering that in order to get to him they had to wear past spikes, bottomless pits, maze like passageways, various other traps, and his entire legion of the undead ... well, let's just say I think that cut down on the random Joe Schmoe's that Dracula had to face. 

If you weren't good at your job, you didn't fight Dracula.  You just got scraped off the floor and whatever was left of your body was reanimated and added to the armies of the night. 

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
Im %101 sure that Dracula will fall victim to cutscene to gameplay segregation, much like Dante in DMC, Superman in every Superman game or any game where you play as an immortal. Bullets will indeed hurt him in gameplay but whether or not he receives fall damage is unknown atm (although he seemed fine when he fell out of the church but once again, cutscene power is in effect there.)

That's so ehh why do that? I remember Dante in  dmc1 got impaled by a sword and pulling it out afterward like nothing.

(click to show/hide)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Anyone who wandered into the castle could beat him.

OoE Dracula begs to differ.

And I may be the only one that enjoyed fighting Dracula with creampies or paper airplanes to the face. Not everything has to be SUPER SERIOUS & REALISTICALLY GRITTY all the time; at least the old canon programmers had a sense of humor & had fun with what they were working with.

However I'm not too fond of MS' injections of dated internet jokes & Monty Python references as their version of humor, but that's just me.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards

And I may be the only one that enjoyed fighting Dracula with creampies or paper airplanes to the face. Not everything has to be SUPER SERIOUS & REALISTICALLY GRITTY all the time; at least the old canon programmers had a sense of humor & had fun with what they were working with.

However I'm not too fond of MS' injections of dated internet jokes & Monty Python references as their version of humor, but that's just me.

I remember the "dekuh" tree in los and I thought to my self Zelda cv crossover now.
(click to show/hide)

anything