Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406077 times)

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Don´t get me wrong, I really like the trailer and new gameplay. And the ambience and the music was better than the previous game (well, for just the trailer, it was really good). But, when I see some of the enemies, and the wall/chain climbing, I think in Draksiders 2 (great game, by the way). So, I will going to play with Dracula as the protagonist? Ok, for LoS is ok. I hope that a Belmont is present. Also, the kid reminds me of Malus, from CV64. In less words, I see a better work, in Castlevania terms, in this game. I know is only a trailer, but lets wait for more gameplay, and of course the demo :P.

P.D. I really enjoy the "surprise" from Dave Cox :). But the most sorpresive moment in that video, was to see the San Diego LDS (mormon) Temple (at 26:50):o. I can´t believe to see it in a Castlevania video! :).
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I used to own a 360 but got rid of it like a year after playing LoS. I've been playing games on Steam and my 3DS, and occasionally my Wii.
Now's as good time as any to save up some money to get either one with the next gen systems coming out and all.
If I can, I'll look into getting a PS3. Too many games on that I like and would love to own.

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
I have to admit, that new trailer did look pretty awesome. However, all of the trailers for the LoS series have looked awesome. Mercurystream does an excellent job with their environments, and they do a wonderful job with their trailers and getting me hyped. Even though I may not be a fan of LoS or MoF, I do give them credit for making really cool environments and atmospheres.

However, despite all the cool trailers and the really amazing environments in the LoS series, I was ultimately let down by both LoS and MoF. I just can't bring myself to buy LoS2 in fear that I will also be let down by it too. This time I'm waiting to see what everyone thinks about it here before I go out and buy it. If LoS2 really turns out to be a wonderful game, and if it does turn out to be a lot better than the previous two games, then I might give it a chance.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
HOW HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING FOR THE PAST SEVEN YEARS!!??  :o

Do you realize what you've missed out on!? You have to change that ASAP, PS3's and 360's are gonna be dirt cheap in a few months. Now's as good time as any to save up some money to get either one with the next gen systems coming out and all.
Dirt cheap? I highly doubt it. I mean Sony's still rockin prices for their ps2 merchandise like it just came out yesterday..

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
Don´t get me wrong, I really like the trailer and new gameplay. And the ambience and the music was better than the previous game (well, for just the trailer, it was really good). But, when I see some of the enemies, and the wall/chain climbing, I think in Draksiders 2 (great game, by the way). So, I will going to play with Dracula as the protagonist? Ok, for LoS is ok. I hope that a Belmont is present. Also, the kid reminds me of Malus, from CV64. In less words, I see a better work, in Castlevania terms, in this game. I know is only a trailer, but lets wait for more gameplay, and of course the demo :P.

P.D. I really enjoy the "surprise" from Dave Cox :). But the most sorpresive moment in that video, was to see the San Diego LDS (mormon) Temple (at 26:50):o. I can´t believe to see it in a Castlevania video! :).
Was that kid Richter in the vid?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Rewatching the trailer, I notice there are some torches that are color coordinated, mostly blue. Maybe it's just an aesthetic thing but I thought it was interesting. I guess they hold sub weapons and maybe hearts if Drac still uses though.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
imagine- Dracula using hearts, but in a twist, instead of just absorbing them as a gameplay gimmick, he tears into them and EATS them!
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
imagine- Dracula using hearts, but in a twist, instead of just absorbing them as a gameplay gimmick, he tears into them and EATS them!
Everytime he gets a heart, a cutscene with him eating the heart plays.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Everytime he gets a heart, a cutscene with him eating the heart plays.

Also a QTE to eat the heart. Mash X.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

Don't forget the Konami sound effect when he bites into it.

Didn't we have this discussion before?

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Don't forget the Konami sound effect when he bites into it.

That would make it worth it.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Since this game is open-world (whatever that means????), I'd highly appreciate a knight's Magic Scroll that contains the message "I'M ESKIMO. THERE'S NOTHING HERE."

Or a secret boss fight with an LoS-ized Konami Man.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I LOVED seeing my waifu, Human Carmilla in :3

Who is the one messing with Gabriel's mind?

Everything comes full circle

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Since this game is open-world (whatever that means????), I'd highly appreciate a knight's Magic Scroll that contains the message "I'M ESKIMO. THERE'S NOTHING HERE."

Or a secret boss fight with an LoS-ized Konami Man.
Who knows? They are seemingly adding a bit of humor into this game. Would be awesome!

Anybody else get the hints that they might work in some kind of Lovecraftian-like thing into this game. Those girls with the tentacles whipping out of them seems very Lovecraftian. Maybe they are connected to that scientist she-demon thing that stops Dracula's blade, teleports and tosses him through the wall.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
If you get the QTE wrong he chokes.

*MUNCHMUMCHMUNCH*

*press A instead of X*

*MUNCHCOUGHCOUGHCOUGHGAAAGHCOUGH*
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

anything