Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406229 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Overall my reaction was smeh. However, I won't pass final judgement from just watching a trailer.

Me too. Over all it gave me a Devil May Cry feeling more than anything else. Looks pretty, but that is the least important thing in a game to me.
The game looks a lot more fun. And did you guys notice there were no QTEs in sight?

That is definitely a woman that looks like Carmilla. She's even wearing the shoulder pads of holy flight or whatever. Plus didn't her hand turn into claws at the end of her scene? Maybe it's a ghost, an illusion, or just another powerful vampire taking on her form to mess with Gabula?

EDIT: The kid might be a Belmont? Looked like a boy to me anyway. Young Richter? I agree the kid more resembles a young Richter... maybe?

That's not Marie! It's Maria, her reincarnation who was previously reincarnated in Silent Hill as Mary. :P

I still think I would have liked the series a smidge btter if they had named it "Dracula: Lords of Shadow".
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 08:30:30 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Me too. Over all it gave me a Devil May Cry feeling more than anything else. Looks pretty, but that is the least important thing in a game to me.
The game looks a lot more fun. And did you guys notice there were no QTEs in sight?

The kid might be a Belmont? Looked like a boy to me anyway. Young Richter?

That's not Marie! It's Maria, her reincarnation who was previously reincarnated in Silent Hill as Mary. :P

I still think I would have liked the series a smidge btter if they had named it "Dracula: Lords of Shadow".
Well, they should've ditched the "Lords of Shadow" subtitle after the first game. The Lords were characters tied to the first game, and you kill all of them. They make no appearance in MoF, and considering Gabriel becomes Dracula, maybe LoS2 should've been called the non-plural "Lord of Shadow".

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Castlevania 2: Prince of Darkness!!! I'll buy that!

One thing I would like to see in this game is no shimmying, no ledge gripping, hell not much platforming. When I think of playing as dracula the first thing that comes to ind is his ability to gecko walk on walls and ceilings.

Fun Fact: Dracula in the original novel had the wall crawling ability almost 100 years before Spider-Man had it.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

One thing I would like to see in this game is no shimmying, no ledge gripping, hell not much platforming.

Don't watch the behind the scenes video then, you'll be livid.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

One thing I would like to see in this game is no shimmying, no ledge gripping, hell not much platforming. When I think of playing as dracula the first thing that comes to ind is his ability to gecko walk on walls and ceilings.

Fun Fact: Dracula in the original novel had the wall crawling ability almost 100 years before Spider-Man had it.

Well, in the tiny smidgens of gameplay shown, he can be seen hanging from things in midair, more like Contra than anything else.

I'd just like the wall shimmying to be faster and less pace breaking. I've kinda accepted it as the LoSverse version of the old games' really slow stair or rope climbing, but it's really jarring how fast Gabe runs normally only to slow terrifically when he grabs ledges.

I kinda hope they nix fall damage too. He's Dracula. Why should he worry about busting his legs when he's seen in the epilogue making a goddamn crater in the ground and getting up as if nothing happened?

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
lol. The scream at the end before he explodes in a dusty flash was actually because of a sprained ankle. ;)
"Stuff and things."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
lol. The scream at the end before he explodes in a dusty flash was actually because of a sprained ankle. ;)

Because you forgot to input a certain QTE.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards

@CastlevaniaLOS @DavidJRohr I think it's pretty obvious. Marie is present, Alucard as a boy as well. Just don't know the Brotherhood lady.
@1stclassnoble @DavidJRohr - She was in the first game.....

So, Carmilla confirmed.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
My thoughts, it's looking darker and that's something that i love, music doesn't impress me, almost non existent gameplay, it's like you are watching a trailer from Metal Gear, with cut scenes, so no much information to pass my judge on the game, but i noticed something new, Carmilla went an undergo surgery, boosting her boobs!! They are lethal weapons........har har har!!!!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Dark the gameplay you can see from the Konami conference, which showed images of fighting.

In addition, the demo will be at E3 alpha, those who are lucky may try it in person, it shows the entire first chapter, until at the end of it with Alucard with a boss who is seen in the trailer.

By the way for history, MoF reveals a lot, this is taken from a post in NeoGaf:

- At a time, the Toy Maker was the brightest pupil of Rinaldo Gandolfi. However, at some point in time, a curse was placed on him by Walter Bernhard, a member of the Bernhard family.
The exact effects of the curse are unknown, but from then on, the Toy Maker used his knowledge and skills to craft weapons of death and destruction, some being the Dark Pain, the attachement for the Improved Dark Pain, the Stopwatch, and the Macabre Puppet, and Gargoyles.

- Most of the Toy Maker's backstory or references to his technology is told through scattered Brotherhood scrolls. Some of it appears in the description for Dark Pain and Improved Dark Pain weapons, and description for the Stop Watch, and some of the other sub weapons in the game. He also has his own Bestiary listing, though he is not actually ever fought.

- There is one reference to Frankenstein's experiments in one of the Toy Maker's rooms in a Brotherhood scroll. This may suggest that the Toy Maker's identity may be that of Frankenstein, or that he has continued Frankenstein's research. But it's not clear.

- Much of the technology in his various labs are very similar to those used by Frankenstein in his own sections of the castle as seen in Lords of Shadow. Including electrical pylons and heavy use of machinery. Although the Toy Maker does seem to take some of his own technology into a more darkly whimsical direction. The Toy Maker also seems to rely more on a mix of magical alchemy and science, where as friedrich more on science alone.

- The Stopwatch is similar to the time machine technology Frankenstein was working on, based on the research of Emmet Marron.

- The Toy Maker in Mirror of Fate worked on some similar technology as Frankenstein, including experiments into time. It is unclear if the Toy Maker is using the research of Frankenstein or may in fact be the same mad doctor. Both the Toy Maker and Frankenstein were both employed by the Bernhard family, and both were "cursed" by the family.

The key is travel time to seek redemption. I do not like the idea that the game can end well, with Gabriel coming together with Maria, I hope at least the option of a tragic end.

My vote is that we face the genuine evil that is behind the back of Satan, brotherhood of light. We travel back in time to prevent the appearance of the Lord of Shadow Carmilla, Cornell ... try to avoid our own destiny .. Gabriel could be that guy ...???
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
You know that might be the reason why the game is called Lords of Shadow again, you have to kill them but in human/pure form. I like it.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Heuss

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
My vote is that we face the genuine evil that is behind the back of Satan, brotherhood of light. We travel back in time to prevent the appearance of the Lord of Shadow Carmilla, Cornell ... try to avoid our own destiny .. Gabriel could be that guy ...???

The end of Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 could be the destruction of that timeline, where Gabriel never became Dracula.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
The end of Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 could be the destruction of that timeline, where Gabriel never became Dracula.
And then Mathias does

"history abhors a paradox"

Everything comes full circle

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
My vote is that we face the genuine evil that is behind the back of Satan

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

------------
Return to CastleVania

anything