Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406027 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Gabriel is pretty much "The Stoic" for the majority of Lords of Shadow
He's not "Stoic", he's "brooding".

Despite popular belief, Stoic does not mean "a serious character that does not show emotion".

And Gabe shows plenty. He's all moody and sad and troubled most of the game. Sometimes pissed off.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 ~ Official Soundtrack: The Titan

Trailer theme.
My ears. They are rock hard. I really like this. I like the strings underlying it. it seems much more cohesive and "hearty" than the more trumpet based LoS1 themes.

I really want to hear that piano piece though.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 03:28:32 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
According to the text of the script visible on the developer's screen in the Behind the Scenes footage before the trailer in Konami's Pre-e3 Show, those three girls who were transforming into monsters are named Euryale, Sthenno....and Medusa.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Where are the wallpapers guys!? I need to change mine (as I did for LoS).

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
According to the text of the script visible on the developer's screen in the Behind the Scenes footage before the trailer in Konami's Pre-e3 Show, those three girls who were transforming into monsters are named Euryale, Sthenno....and Medusa.

As I thought, the snake creature was Medusa, whoever caught that has a good eye.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Snake creature? If you're referring to the snake woman statue who says "My Lord" then I could buy that. If you're referring to the one breathing fire at the end, I thought it was the fate creature from The Mirror of Fate. His visage is identical.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
The one at the end breathing fire. The moving snakes on it's head quickly reminded me of Medusa.

I dunno, it could be a different monster entirely.

Plus, I think that mirror of fate is long broken unless the castle does reconstruct itself like it was said in LOS1.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I just rewatched it. You're right, I didn't notice the moving snakes on that creature's head.
Gee!  ;D

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 ~ Official Soundtrack: The Titan

Trailer theme.

Sounds like the same garbage from the previous two games to me. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty good quality compared to other modern, garbage, Hollywood-ized, shit soundtracks. But it's a far cry cry from something I'd actually want to listen to, or even remember for that matter.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 08:03:11 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline jmodlin210

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Is Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 coming out for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC later this year in Winter 2013?

Offline TheAcer

• Awards
They only use the term "This Winter" to describe the release date which can also refer to the first few months of 2014. However, It just wouldn't make too much sense to release it next year as their might be alot more focus on the new console generation by then, and this game is only available on current gen consoles which are coming to the end of their lifecycles.

If I were to guess though, i would say the game might come out this October. Sure, there are big contenders to watch out for like AC4 and Arkham Origins but the fact that it's the month of Halloween, could actually help the sales for the launch period by a quite a bit.

Offline jmodlin210

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Saw that Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 will be released later this year in 2013 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
LoS2 trailer is impressive, to be sure. In some ways, I can see this as the big-budget, more Westernized version of that Alucard 3D game that never saw the light of day. It gives me a sort of gritty 3D SotN vibe in one sense. However, in the other, it gives me a Darksiders and/or Devil May Cry feel. I just don't feel this as a full-blown Castlevania game--more like a spin-off. But I can see how it would excite. I'm just not sure if this is my cup of tea. I'm really surprised that the shimmying continues. Why has that become a staple in modern games (with similar animation frames)? There can be less "rail-like" shimmying, as seen in older 3D games prior to Uncharted and the like. On the other hand, the 3D camera looks great--exactly what I wanted the first time around. I think that will help level design, but the lack of genuine platforming in the trailer concerns me.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Well the trailer really shows very little that isn't standing around or other characters.

That said, since it's an Alternate Universe, and Dracula, Teeeechnically it can be considered a "Spin Off"
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards

I always thought they should have introduced Medusa's sisters at some point, so that's really neat. Too bad Medusa doesn't really look like Medusa, though.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Too bad Medusa doesn't really look like Medusa, though.

They can always use the term "artistic freedom".