Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406077 times)

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
To be honest, I wanted Gabriel to have Red Glowing Eyes throughout the game. But in the trailer, he still looks pretty human except for his pasty skin.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Saw the trailer... I'm not really interested.

And before it seems like I'm a constant cynic, I'm not saying that it's bad in and of itself. Actually, it's a big fancy presentation, but it doesn't really speak to my personal tastes and I'm not invested in the Lords of Shadow story AT ALL. So it seems like just another game to me. It definitely looks like a step in the right direction compared to Lords of Shadow 1, though. Even so, I won't be picking this up.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 03:15:39 PM by Successor The Cruel »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
To be honest, I wanted Gabriel to have Red Glowing Eyes throughout the game. But in the trailer, he still looks pretty human except for his pasty skin.

I reckon his eyes only glow red once he in combat.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
You actually care about the rep number?  :-\
well yeah because I consider you all my e-friends, i've nominated everybody for their awards & never downvote posts
but apparently someone or a few people have a grudge against me & that irks me i guess. I haven't been living up to my Trollmeister award as much anymore, but perhaps that may change! that's where memes like this come in

Saw the trailer... I'm not really interested.
hah, I'm not surprised. But storyline aside, what if it turns out to not just be a good game, but a GREAT Castlevania game? Will your resentment for Cox/MS' "bastardization" of the franchise prevent you from even giving it a chance when it's released? If the game is fun and indeed takes some inspiration from DMC (which, I recall, a lot of people were saying that's how a 3D Castlevania should look/play like, DMC1 at least), then I'll no doubt enjoy it. I dunno if you like DMC, but even people were compairing LoI with it. With a little more polish & tweaking to the level design it might've even bested DMC1 but I'm going off on a tangent now

Kinda reminds me of those people that watch a 10 second trailer for a superhero movie or something, and automatically right it off as "this movie's gonna suck, not gonna waste my time." All I'm trying to say is, give things a chance before denying them immediately. At least wait until a gameplay video is shown to have a more concrete decision, rather than "the trailer is meh, therefore i'm skipping this game." However I realize there are those that are just too stubborn & already had their minds made up about the LoS-verse months before the game was released (and i also realize that Cox can be off-putting, contradictory and a jerk, which no doubt burned many fans with his decisions & opinions of prior Castlevania games, which in turn had a part in people rejecting the LoS-verse). I don't know if you fall in that category, but it seems you like to "dabble" in it here & there, correct me if I'm wrong.

But as always, to each their own. Just trying to offer some insight.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 04:28:46 PM by crisis »

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
I think I'm being rather fair. I gave the trailer a chance. 6 or so minutes worth of chance. I just wasn't interested in playing or buying the game that was featured. What is a trailer for if not to try to interest people in the game/movie/whatever that is being shown? It just failed to interest me. I'm not saying it's bad, or something is wrong with it, per se (granted, I'm not saying it's good, either) I'm just not interested in it. In my opinion, I would be less fair if I choose to buy that game only because it calls itself "Castlevania".

As for the other part, about what if it winds up being a good Castlevania game... Well, chances are I would probably hear about it being a good Castlevania game from others and if other things I see about it myself pique my interest, I might try it out. I admit that I'm not expecting that to happen. As it stands now, based on the trailer, and also based on my knowledge of Lords of Shadow and Mercury Steam, I have no interest in playing the game and I don't plan to buy it. I don't think that I'm really being closed minded in that. I'm just using the data available to me to form some kind of opinion and course of action (or inaction) that I plan on taking.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
what if it turns out to not just be a good game, but a GREAT Castlevania game?
Anti-LoS fans heads would explode.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I'll be playing the game, it has Castlevania name slapped on it, so I'll be playing, of course.

These assets of the castle have some insane amount of detail. Holy shit.

Someone ask for this image here:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3217/castlevanialos22.png

On higher res for Cox on twitter, please.

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I think peoples confusion comes from that it looks more like a leviathan creature than the average Medusa we're use too. Personally I thought it looks more like a giant gorgon than Medusa herself.

She reminds me of this

Modern interpretation of Medusa(Castlevania, Clashe of the Titans, Kid Icarus, Percy Jackson...) seems to be inspired by Bernini's Medusa(believed to be sculpted sometime in the 1600s, Bernini, as well as other artists basing their depiction on the Roman depiction of Medusa, which looked less monster and more human):

[img]http://www.sanfranciscosentinel.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/medusa.jpg[img]

I know, I know. But what I'm saying that the old Medusa was more monstrous so it's a valid interpretation. Personally I love it because I'm kinda tired of the Harryhausen Medusa.

Well, there also the fact that the creature who supposedly is Medusa isn't humanoid. From what I know, Gorgons have always resembled humans in myth. It's also why they are such scary creatures.

Well, the video shows 3 hag-like women in fire and probable turning themselves into the gorgons.

Maybe each one will take a different form. Someone has to inspire the columns of LoS1 ending :p

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

@CastlevaniaLOS How long will the E3 Demo be ??!! I JUST CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE !
@Malik_Zubailah - 15 to 20 minutes
@CastlevaniaLOS @Malik_Zubailah So Longer then the LOS demo! Awesome! cant wait to see the game play#Excited
@TheOneHawke @Malik_Zubailah - Yes!

Ok... if anyone is going to the E3, please share your impressions to us who can't.

Offline SaibotMK

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
This game will be very different then LoS 1, it honestly is a totally different game in all aspects far as the gameplay itself goes. I do not like Gabriel personally or how he is Dracula, but I do like the fact that you are playing as Dracula.

That is the only thing that draws my attention to the game at all, that and the fact it is a different game. The level design is much different, you can control the camera completely among the world/levels being like SoTN. If by endgame Gabriel/Dracula is not able to teleport like he is able to in Mirror of fate and in the LoS 2 trailer ill be a little disappointed. I will also be disappointed if he does not get his classic hellfire ability, I want the ability to fire off 3 projectiles if not fireballs themselves.

Again though, I do not like their version of Dracula at all, Dracula does not use a whip, they mixed a Belmont with the Dracula that we all know and threw them in a blender. I am fine with change, you know, give Dracula a sword why not, give him fire claws, ok that is the type of game it is, you gotta have some melee in their. Ok I get it, but a blood whip? Really?

Again, I can live with it only because you are playing as Dracula himself and the other aspects of the game are great to me.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 12:08:16 AM by SaibotMK »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I just want a spear is that too hard to ask for?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline SaibotMK

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards

It's Vlad the lasher, not Vlad the impaler

;D

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
So..fall damage - yes or no? If yes, incredibly lame.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
I think the reason Medusa is a head in CV1 is because the Japanese manual mentions Christopher beheaded her, which is also a reference to the myth.

Even after all these years, I love how the Japanese story contains these kinds of gold nuggets of information.

And it really raises the question: how much "damage" have the mangled localisations done to CV overall? These details may seem little, but there are so many other things in lots of other Vanias that were either left out of the versions outside Japan that they pile up.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)

+1000000

"Give me the spear baby"

"Where is my fucking spear?, Curse you MS"

"Finally, I have my pretty spear, where are you Alucard? come to daddy...."

"I do not leave home without my spear"

"Was not it enough to give it a spear? Did you have to give a whole box?. The brotherhood of light curses you Neobelmont"

"I'm Alucard and this is my favorite weapon on the game.... (Yes fuck, sword)"

"I also I have a sword bitch..."

"Eat this Laura!!! amateur..."

"I hate Hack&Slash, I want to explore the castle like in SOTN, by the way, very good castle designs MS..., I approve"

"Ungrateful child, your daddy gives you immortality, a nice sword, hair soft, cool style .... What this is how you repay me?"

"swords?, spears?, blood whips?, claws?. All this is shit, there's nothing like the classics. Fuck you LOS, I want to return the old timeline"

"These useless MS have failed to capture my beauty and natural style"

"Shut all!!!! yuhuuu Dave .... want to sell really well?, forget about those old fogies, we are ready for a new reboot..."

"Love is in the air.... Hey Alucard make peace"

"I've been thinking ... red, everything is red in this damn game. But I like more the purple, haaa, too many years in wow"

The whole post is a joke, that no one is offended ..
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 02:36:52 AM by Bergaron »
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

anything