Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406688 times)

Offline SaibotMK

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Press button to borrow Frostmourn from Arthas
Quick time event to drain blood?

"Awesome!!!"

Yeah.. This will be a bargain bin game really soon after release.

Yeeaaa, I am pretty disappointed, you may as well be playing as one of the whip wielding Belmonts. I thought the blood whip wasn't all that bad, but seriously? No teleporting around the screen like in Mirror of fate, no projectiles of any kind. It's Dracula, what version of Dracula in any Castlevania game does not have a projectile??

So yea I think they could have seriously made this a really great game but it is going to be LoS 1 except with seamless world design and camera control. That is enough for some people, but not me, if your going to throw in Rondo of Blood Dracula lines in the mother fuckin game you can at least give Dracula some vampire powers. Dracula is the only thing carrying the game, the art style and graphics are their, I will give them that, but seriously if he did not bite into that knights neck I would have thought I am watching Gabriel from LoS 1 with new toys.

A dash teleport, hellfire, anything I mean shit, that was not the Dracula we saw in Mirror of fate, that was not the Dracula we saw in the first trailer by any stretch of the imagination. We saw the blood whip. . .

What a jip, I don't expect a all out sorcerer projectile slinging Dracula like we got with Judgement for the type of game it is, one projectile and a dash teleport would have been nice. I don't think I am being that hard on the game, that is just good business to give Dracula a stinkin teleport and projectile of some kind.

Rant over

Edit: He was very clear, in the video he states "We are giving you all the powers you get toward the end of the game", I mean what we saw is what we get.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 10:00:56 PM by SaibotMK »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Well, now that the game has been officially shown, i guess it's time for the fans to start writing our early thesis statements for the endless debates that are for/against this game that will ensue, and the inevitable fracture of the fanbase LoS2 will cause & "future of Castlevania" theory threads!

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Well, now that the game has been officially shown, i guess it's time for the fans to start writing our early thesis statements for the endless debates that are for/against this game that will ensue, and the inevitable fracture of the fanbase LoS2 will cause & "future of Castlevania" theory threads!
I am currently training at the Philadelphia Art Museum stairs for when that moment arrives  :P
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
The worst part was, for DAMN SURE, was the QTE on the shitty "platforming". HOLY FUCKING CRAP, I was cringing looking at this.

The graphics are amazing.

Yep, it's a Lords of Shadow game all right.

I'll still have some fun with it. Not expecting it to be the be-all, end-all 3D Castlevania, but I'm curious to see where they take it nonetheless.

Edit: He was very clear, in the video he states "We are giving you all the powers you get toward the end of the game", I mean what we saw is what we get.

Even if this is true, I don't think we would have gotten to see absolutely everything the combos have to offer in the short bits they've shown. I mean, even LoS1 had the "pound floor for fiery pillars" attack that he does in MoF, and I don't think they showcased any subweapons at all.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
In that same vein, both Metroid Prime and Symphony of the Night began the game with the "end game" equipment/upgrades, but that didn't mean there wasn't more stuff/better stuff to get at the actual end game.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
Wow, what an E3 so far! Just trying to catch up on things here.

As far as my impressions of LoS2... It's definitely still a LoS game. I like how the flow of animations and combat is better though. The platforming also seems faster and more organic. Makes it harder to tell where you can and can't go though, which will likely force the 'hints' revealer button (which kills the idea of hidden paths already).

Also, as expected, Cox totally lied since QTEs look even more prominent than LoS.

Very mixed feelings overall, but we'll see. I don't think I'll be picking this one up either, much like I didn't get Mirror of Fate.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
I'll buy it, mainly because I have no problem with Hack & Slash, DMC is one of my favorite franchises, imagine how I felt to see this game .... Dante? Dante? DANTE!!

I also want to see how just certainly what most intrigues me LOS is history and ambience, really played the first as if I was in front of an interactive movie, loved it.

Clearly I have buy it on PC, I do not trust anything on consoles performance (and less than the XBOX360 that was where he had more problems), but I have clear that I'm not paying more for 39.90 €. If it comes out on Steam for that perfect price, if not ..... wait for an offer at 5 or 6 months ..

Regarding the future of Castlevania, I'm sure delivery will come now old school, but the artistic level MS has made it very high, not only for Castlevania but for many games, I have seen just two games at E3 (including the new generation, which approximate)

I'm dying to see what they can do graphically MS in the new generation ... PS4 is meant because I do FAILBOX One reaches out in Spain xDDD.
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Well well, what i have seem is LoS, wrapped in a new shiny box, same gameplay from first LoS, only change is the swords, when you are using magic, generic music from the little that can be heard, also Cox for once more has been proved liar
(click to show/hide)
so, if i was having any hope for that game, has been crushed, after watching this video.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
Hmmm....Drac at the height of his power and just the whip, claws and a sword....? No fireballs? /boo
Oh hello again QTEs! And optional red circle platforming cues.

I just hope the story is good enough.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Not for nothing... but what the hell are you people talking about when you say "platforming". Maybe I'm old fashioned but leaping from anchor point to anchor point with fear of falling into a ledge save for one sorry-ass QTE is not "platforming". I saw no "platforming" of any kind in that video.
"Stuff and things."

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
This may have been discussed, but is the PC version going to come out at the same time as the console versions or will we have to wait a few months? Becuase if I have a choice, I'm going PC for this one.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
So, judging by that demo I'm once again gonna dislike the combat, which was pretty much expected. It's just not for me. I mean, I can tolerate it and learn to deal with it, but I'll never have much fun with that type of heavy combat.

However, I'm always up for some good exploration and interesting level design. I hope the "open world" doesn't disappoint. It could really save this game for me, being able to freely explore towers and catacombs, torture chambers, graveyards and forests - not being restricted to a level-by-level structure (except when you need a certain ability to reach a certain area, which is fine with me). That's great for 2D Classicvanias, but I'd rather have something else for the 3D games.

Thinking back at Curse of Darkness, it did many things really well - on paper. It could've been excellent, had they hired a proper level designer.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
This may have been discussed, but is the PC version going to come out at the same time as the console versions or will we have to wait a few months? Becuase if I have a choice, I'm going PC for this one.
So far it's day one.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Not for nothing... but what the hell are you people talking about when you say "platforming". Maybe I'm old fashioned but leaping from anchor point to anchor point with fear of falling into a ledge save for one sorry-ass QTE is not "platforming". I saw no "platforming" of any kind in that video.
That has been paltfforming for 10 years (since the Sands of Time)

Everything comes full circle