Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406034 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
In my opinion, Legacy of Darkness is platforming.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
That has been paltfforming for 10 years (since the Sands of Time)
And since it, it fucking sucks. It's the only thing I can't accept on these games. I would prefer if the game didn't have it than this shit they call platforming.

Yes. And Mario 64. And Alice/Alice Madness. And Sonic. And Psychonauts... and many other examples.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
And since it, it fucking sucks. It's the only thing I can't accept on these games. I would prefer if the game didn't have it than this shit they call platforming.
Yes. And Mario 64. And Alice/Alice Madness. And Sonic. And Psychonauts... and many other examples.
I agree.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
>It might suck on Castlevania, but the PoP games are godly, I'm hoping the LoS2 mechanics are far far more polished this time.

Everything comes full circle

Offline KyleVoakes

• Hunter in Training
  • Suffering Like G Did?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Here's the CV:LoS2 E3 trailer's music, in case y'all wanted it.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 ~ Official Soundtrack: The Titan

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
As always, LoS music sounds like it's missing at least two channels (or whatever you'd call it). It's a GREAT and EPIC foundation, and then.... nothing happens. In this case, it almost sounds like it has a melody at 3:15 or something, but other than that it's just... there.

What if someone like Michiru Yamane took this tune and added an awesome, castlevaniaesque melody on top of it...

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

lady speaks the truth.

In the words of kurt angle : Oh, It's True! It's Damn True!

And maximo.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 12:57:44 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

As always, LoS music sounds like it's missing at least two channels (or whatever you'd call it). It's a GREAT and EPIC foundation, and then.... nothing happens. In this case, it almost sounds like it has a melody at 3:15 or something, but other than that it's just... there.

What if someone like Michiru Yamane took this tune and added an awesome, castlevaniaesque melody on top of it...
That's the real problem with Araujo. His compositions may have some other stuff going on, but it absolutely lacks in melody and chord progressions. That's the part missing... which happens to be the most important part in Castlevania's music.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Not for nothing... but what the hell are you people talking about when you say "platforming". Maybe I'm old fashioned but leaping from anchor point to anchor point with fear of falling into a ledge save for one sorry-ass QTE is not "platforming". I saw no "platforming" of any kind in that video.
Fine. Let's call it ledging. (Ledgeforming?)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I believe the correct phrase is "cinematic platforming."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platform_game

Yeah I used Wikipedia, big whoop wanna fightaboudit?

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Okay, view the demo and comments, to summarize ..

The combat system is equal to LOS1 los2 (hack & Slash), but it shows faster, more fluid, the enemies seem harder, smarter, the fight will be even more strategic (skills, break defense). It seems (for lack of confirmation) less QTE.

There will be areas of "platforms" although very tours (like Batman) and an exploration component of the castle (but it will not be the main thing).

Not seen in the demo but it seems that there will be infiltration missions wolf form (metal gear?). And there are fewer puzzles, which are puzzles stage (to move forward) or that is what follows from his words.

Well that's all, finally, LOS1 IF YOU LIKE, DO NOT MISS LOS2, if you do not like LOS1, look at the history of LOS2 by youtube ... END.
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline SaibotMK

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Hmmm....Drac at the height of his power and just the whip, claws and a sword....? No fireballs? /boo
Oh hello again QTEs! And optional red circle platforming cues.

I just hope the story is good enough.

Yea no fireballs or teleporting, it is pretty disappointing.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Did you really expect them to showcase all of his abilities in the demo?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 05:04:34 PM by crisis »

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)

It's already been stated that Dracula can turn into mist, for example, and we don't see that in the demo. It's silly to think that the few demo abilities are comprehensive.
Probably Cox chose the wrong words when he said we start with "everything."
I interpret that as starting with all three main weapons.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards