Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406365 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Yea no fireballs or teleporting, it is pretty disappointing.

we don't know that yet.

That could be his sub-weapon possibly..... possibly. That was just a tutorial level.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)

That could be his sub-weapon possibly..... possibly. That was just a tutorial level.

In addition to subweapons such as fireballs, which Dracula did project out of his cape in MoF, there's no doubt that all three main weapons will have their own respective advanced moves, also as demonstrated in Mirror of Fate.

http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
I see the trailer and gameplay demo of Final Fantasy XV and seeing Noctis teleport from enemy to enemy, then teleport hundreds of feet into the air to fight an enemy on the side of a building, only to fall down and teleport to his next destination, I someone WISH THAT is how Dracula played like. Tactically teleporting from enemy to enemy, not being afraid of teleporting to ridiculous heights, embracing the fall because he knows his skill and gravity is on his side. He's too badass to suffer fall damage. That's something a "mere human" would suffer, not "The Dragon".

Offline SaibotMK

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

It's already been stated that Dracula can turn into mist, for example, and we don't see that in the demo. It's silly to think that the few demo abilities are comprehensive.
Probably Cox chose the wrong words when he said we start with "everything."
I interpret that as starting with all three main weapons.

EDIT: Yes this is hopefully the case
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 09:58:17 PM by SaibotMK »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
In LoS 1 when Shadow magic was active, his daggers became fireballs, which I'm certain was deliberate given his fate.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline SaibotMK

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Ok huge apology to anyone who read my previous post and possibly started worrying, I never did play LoS 1, I briefly have before, but I was not aware of sub weapons being in that game at all period. I have no way of knowing anything at this point, again apologies.

So this is the case and anyone please do correct me if I am wrong, In Lords of Shadow 2 we are actually getting two new main weapons. I guess when they say Light magic and Shadow magic is being replaced with Void and Chaos, that could mean anything, I guess we don't really know yet for sure.

So theoretically one sub weapon could change the properties of all 3 weapons.

So one specific sub weapon while using the Void sword could possibly give us the projectile ability the sword has in MoF *Example*

Then one specific sub weapon while using Chaos Claws could give us some fire AoE *Example*

Then one specific sub weapon while using the blood whip could potentially give us a dash teleport. Maybe Dracula's iconic 3 projectile ability too *Example*

Far as mist form is concerned, yes I could see mist form being used for stealth in the game or in the modern day setting of the game, it was stated, so I don't see why not.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:29:50 PM by SaibotMK »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
I see the trailer and gameplay demo of Final Fantasy XV and seeing Noctis teleport from enemy to enemy, then teleport hundreds of feet into the air to fight an enemy on the side of a building, only to fall down and teleport to his next destination, I someone WISH THAT is how Dracula played like. Tactically teleporting from enemy to enemy, not being afraid of teleporting to ridiculous heights, embracing the fall because he knows his skill and gravity is on his side. He's too badass to suffer fall damage. That's something a "mere human" would suffer, not "The Dragon".

Me too. I was swapping Noct with Drac in my head.
Will there be mods of this? ahahahahaha!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
One thing I was wondering is Dracula walking around the city  in modern times. It would be cool if there was a day and night system like Simon's Quest. How could Dracula walk around in the day anyways...?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
One thing I was wondering is Dracula walking around the city  in modern times. It would be cool if there was a day and night system like Simon's Quest. How could Dracula walk around in the day anyways...?

Lords of Shadow 2 reportedly takes place in one night.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
Lords of Shadow 2 reportedly takes place in one night.

So that would mean, the "time travelling" elements are Gabula's memories? or his imagined what if scenarios?

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
One night in the present, the same night in the "past".. all in one night.

Puffff come on... Arnold Schwarzenegger wear as Gabriel...  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
https://twitter.com/CastlevaniaLOS/status/344533592665387008/photo/1
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Those shin guards and boots look very silly. They look like the ones I put on when I go pick berries.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Hey Crisis, please let us know when you have bought this statue.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
I wonder what happens to stuff like that after they've served their purpose. Do some lucky assistants play rock-paper-scissors over them?

anything