Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406188 times)

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I was hoping for some information on Lords 2's other gameplay besides what was a given.
Like the open world, because most games have terrible open worlds.

But imagine if the open world in Lords 2 was actually good where like in Deadly Premonition, you could stalk and spy on people's homes. Now you can stalk Zobek back and watch him recite Nietzche in his lofty apartment. Dracula just peering through the window...

Dracula stalking a Titan and watching it make breakfast for goblins.

Dracula stalking Satan trying to decide which billowing smoke to wear as underwear.

Dracula stalking Kojima and asking why Kojima abandoned him like God did.

Dracula stalking himself and watching himself cry in the bathroom mirror.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 01:52:18 AM by thernz »

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Finally got some confirmation that we do not see everything Dracula has to offer us in the tutorial, but only his 3 main weapons (some combos etc).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQQwlldropE

@3:35 that very attractive women ask him a very attractive question and he gives a very attractive answer. It confirms to me that there is more to Dracula then just what we saw in the demo, I know some of you might think "Well I could have told you that", but I needed more.

Im hyped

Look how Dave put his both hand in crotch

ARTWORK!!!!

More Gameplay:
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-e3-2013-castle-siege-6410120/
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-e3-2013-combat-mechanics-6410118/
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-e3-2013-weapon-mechanics-6410117/
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 03:27:29 AM by Bergaron »
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)

I remember it going further back. ;)

That's not the same. You don't play whole sections hanging off a ledge with no enemies in sight. It shouldn't be any more than it is in the Flintstones or Metroid Zero Mission. At least in Contra III when they force you to climb on walls and wires and shit they're still sending things to try to kill you. Not this pussified separation of combat and ledgeforming.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 03:31:17 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Castlevania: SotN (Playstation) What is a man?

Hahaha in demo one of the warrior say "Die monster, you don´t belong in this world" perhaps one of this soldier is Richter..xD

Very good interview... can someone translate it, my english is very bad..
http://www.meristation.com/video/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2/1874484

Confirmed!!! PC version is going to be the BEST!!!!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 03:46:57 AM by Bergaron »

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I have absolutely no idea what just happened but suddenly I'm really, really hyped for this game. It just looks a lot better than the first LoS. I hope combat is more than just the same old arena type battles where you must defeat every last enemy in order to move on to the next arena type battle... Castlevania should take a look at something like Dark Souls and study how it handles enemy placement. It feels completely seamless and natural and not FORCED upon the player. And yet it's a super challenging game.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
It doesn't look horrible, and I wasn't expecting it to be. It looks pretty decent, even if I don't like the first as much as I'd like. Due to the QTEs.... and of course they're back.

Not sure if I like the weapon system. But it's better than the old magic system or weapon system of DMC where you had to hold down the button. I'm in no rush to get it but I'll probably play it because it has CV's name on it.

OH, and it's on PC. Which makes it better for me.

Fine. Let's call it ledging. (Ledgeforming?)

Hahaha, that is funny, and i hated it in Uncharted too.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 08:13:39 AM by Kale »

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
So far I don't see anything "Draccy" about his attacks. "Warrior" or not, there is no point in slashing with claws, swords or whips when you're a powerful vampire.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
in lords canon, there is an unmentioned incident where dracula was defeated after the simon-alucard boogaloo event.

juste belmont arrives at the castle. dracula, sensing this, decides to pursue him, but dracula slips off a ledge and falls into a pit. the castle begins to crumble and the bewildered juste decides to leave and claim he defeated dracula after stealing some furniture. he is given several accolades and decides to marry lydie erlanger. however, because he did not collect every piece of furniture, lydie refuses the offer. dracula wins.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
So far I don't see anything "Draccy" about his attacks. "Warrior" or not, there is no point in slashing with claws, swords or whips when you're a powerful vampire.
Well he was a warrior in life, so he's a warrior in un-life. He was never a sorceror type like Carmilla who uses force lightning. he was the front lines knight. He changed up his arsenal a slight bit, but he still is the front lines kind of fighter.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
He's also bit of dum-dum if he doesn't fully utilize dem powers.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
If Dracula use all his power.... well, no game.., only Satan can´t beat us..

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Not necessarily. Drac does flashy stuff in the original canon, but there's always a trick to beat him. There are limits even to his power.

And if the justification is "well duh. Of course he is depowered, because then there wouldn't be a challenge", the whole concept should have been thought of better.

Of course it's too early to tell. But still, I'd like to see a glimpse of actual vampire stuff, not Gabriel Belmont The Bare-Chested Longhair Edition.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Take with caution: Cox said in one of the numerous interviews that the MS team is trying to rethink the game and to remove the QTEs (he stated he took feedback from the fans).

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Take with caution: Cox said in one of the numerous interviews that the MS team is trying to rethink the game and to remove the QTEs (he stated he took feedback from the fans).
Give me a reason to believe him. Call me cynical if you want.

I want to believe.

EDIT: The music that plays on the Combat Mechanics Video... wow. Is that... Dracula's Theme remix?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 09:25:46 AM by Maedhros »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Give me a reason to believe him. Call me cynical if you want.
Well he is a proven liar, so I'll call you reasonable.
Or realistic. Inner dictionary derping. Halp.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

anything