Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406221 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Now you're being stupid. No one asked for old quotes and this doesn't please anyone. The line comes out of fucking nowhere. Incredible wrong place to even say it. It would be best if they didn't even put the line there at all.

Oh dearie dearie, if I am not mistaken, MS wants maximum cheese with LoS2. Even if it does not fit. Besides newbies in the CV franchise would have no idea where the line came from. So let's just grin and bear it.  ;)

...and Dance Dance Revolution (though Dance Dance Revolution is dying now it seems).

I think they changed it to Dance Evolution and I think it only has a following within Japan and some countries in Asia.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
on a side note, my rep points dropped significantly over the past 24 hours! This morning it was 399, now it's 372!
It bothers me when that happens. But don't worry, here I'm giving +1 to all your posts I like from now to 1 week ago.
Everyone can see me upvoting now, but that won't prevent me from doing it anyway.
I enjoy upvoting people I like.
Kiss!  :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I wonder if we'll be seeing Slogra this time around as a boss, or something. That would be wicked cool!

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I REALLY like the blood trail when he dashes.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
If this game does superbly well, does this mean David Cox really did save the Castlevania franchise?
No, it just means Akumajou Dracula is dead and buried and Konami will probably keep the LoS formula going after LoS2.

If 2D Castlevania is done for, I'm out. It's terrible seeing this franchise becoming so focused on the hack and slash genre, further deviating itself away from it's platforming roots and unique design.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 12:15:27 AM by OSM »

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)

Konami recently registered the trademark "Contra: Run and Gun".
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/konami-seeking-contra-run-and-gun-trademark-6409503/

The title suggests a "simple" game, stylish smartphone/tablet. In a recent interview is interesting to see how MS chief talk about next project. He uses the word "device", that word struck me, in Spain not usually use that word to talk about consoles (they are called "consoles" or "systems"), that word is used for smartphones and tablets.

If we add this to the known interest of MS and Cox to resurrect the franchise "Contra" ... We could have a resurgence of "Contra" on IOS, Android, Live, Plus (and perhaps portable consoles)?

It seems that Konami is now very interested in "simple" games for iOS and Android devices, also Square/Enix is launching and will launch many new games for these formats.
Nintendo itself commented recently that had arisen launch their games in these formats but so far ruled out because the gaming experience would not be the same (as the 3DS is selling well .... we'll see in the future)

According to statistics over 60% of the gaming market in Japan now is in portable devices (iOS, Android, 3DS, Vita), that is the reason that both Sony and Microsoft do not sell from the beginning their consoles in Japan, not a priority market and Microsft has nothing to do in Japan ... so no battle. The battle is in Europe and USA.

These are just my theories, nothing more.

Edit: In the same interview, MS confirm that his new project has nothing to do with Castlevania, also said that will "cambiar de registro" (I don´t know the expression in English), it will not be a Hack & Slash... another style.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 12:16:23 AM by Bergaron »
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
No, it just means Akumajou Dracula is dead and buried and Konami will probably keep the LoS formula going after LoS2.
From my point of view, if that happens and Konami decides to stick to the LoS formula and nothing more (especially the music), we'll never have a new ClassicVania or MetroidVania again anymore. That would be the saddest thing ever in my life as a videogames fan.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
I hope they end the LoS saga after MS. LoS was built to be a trilogy. The story will be finished and there's no need to come back to it, especially if its creators are not here anymore.

I don't know what's ahead for Castlevania, maybe death, maybe new games. LoS saved the series so far, no question about it (don't tell me Pachislot and Japan-only Arcade games
 are the future of CV, seriously).

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

If 2D Castlevania is done for, I'm out. It's terrible seeing this franchise becoming so focused on the hack and slash genre, further deviating itself away from it's platforming roots and unique design.

The name Akumajou Dracula will stay. Konami will just slap it on the new LoS formula.

I personally don't want to see the 2D vanias to die.

The future of CV is a big question mark.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I REALLY like the blood trail when he dashes.

Speaking of small details, I am a sucker for cloth physics and the way his longcoat would move while he was on the titans arm had me grinning. Also I have a weird thing for moving clouds in games and was relieved that the clouds moved in the background instead of being a static skybox.

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I don't know what's ahead for Castlevania, maybe death, maybe new games. LoS saved the series so far, no question about it (don't tell me Pachislot and Japan-only Arcade games
 are the future of CV, seriously).

If Los2 sells well, I think they will try to go that route with other company or internally (I doubt this). LoS saved the series but it could be the the killer too if the coming games don't match LoS sells. Whatever happen in the future, I hope they don't throw Castlevania in the same shit hole they throwed Silent Hill.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Speaking of small details, I am a sucker for cloth physics and the way his longcoat would move while he was on the titans arm had me grinning. Also I have a weird thing for moving clouds in games and was relieved that the clouds moved in the background instead of being a static skybox.
Yeah, the details in this game are looking to be fucking amazing. But then, noone's ever really argued that with the LoS series. Presentation wise, MS does a top notch job. And now that the 360/PS3 tech is old hat by now, they can utilize it to it's fullest extent.

Really, the best looking games of a Console Generation, especially nowadays, tend to come out near the end of the lifespan, once the tech has been around and assimilated for a long while.

I mean, if you compare say, the original Saints Row, for the 360, with the recent Saints Row 3, there' is a world of difference in visual quality, despite being on the same system.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Kiss!  :)

::kisses her back, looking deeply into your eyes::

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

Konami recently registered the trademark "Contra: Run and Gun".
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/konami-seeking-contra-run-and-gun-trademark-6409503/

The title suggests a "simple" game, stylish smartphone/tablet. In a recent interview is interesting to see how MS chief talk about next project. He uses the word "device", that word struck me, in Spain not usually use that word to talk about consoles (they are called "consoles" or "systems"), that word is used for smartphones and tablets.

If we add this to the known interest of MS and Cox to resurrect the franchise "Contra" ... We could have a resurgence of "Contra" on IOS, Android, Live, Plus (and perhaps portable consoles)?

It seems that Konami is now very interested in "simple" games for iOS and Android devices, also Square/Enix is launching and will launch many new games for these formats.
Nintendo itself commented recently that had arisen launch their games in these formats but so far ruled out because the gaming experience would not be the same (as the 3DS is selling well .... we'll see in the future)

According to statistics over 60% of the gaming market in Japan now is in portable devices (iOS, Android, 3DS, Vita), that is the reason that both Sony and Microsoft do not sell from the beginning their consoles in Japan, not a priority market and Microsft has nothing to do in Japan ... so no battle. The battle is in Europe and USA.

These are just my theories, nothing more.

Edit: In the same interview, MS confirm that his new project has nothing to do with Castlevania, also said that will "cambiar de registro" (I don´t know the expression in English), it will not be a Hack & Slash... another style.
Contra Evolution was released on ipad and it looks amazing.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer