Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406360 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Yeah I think that's Satans throne/office room.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
this room is on the e3 trailer, my opinion... is zobek office and transport Dracula to... ???? another pleace or dimension..
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
this room is on the e3 trailer, my opinion... is zobek office and transport Dracula to... ???? another pleace or dimension..

That's not the same room...the teleporation room is definitely a modern one, but it's not the same. The one in the trailer has a pyramid in the center...
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
CVDungeon never watched The Devil's Advocate? Al Pacino played Satan in a business suit (in which he also had a "throne"/office, complete with details similar to that artwork)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
I agree with Naggermo that it looks kind of ridiculous. It would work very well if the game was trying to be very tongue-in-cheek, but it wants to be dead serious so instead it comes off as even more unintentionally comical.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
I agree with Naggermo that it looks kind of ridiculous. It would work very well if the game was trying to be very tongue-in-cheek, but it wants to be dead serious so instead it comes off as even more unintentionally comical.
It actually looks very Shin Megami Tensei/Persona-esque.

Offline Thy Gory Rory

• Hunter in Training
  • ...I'm holding my sausage hostage!
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Looks very ominous and regal. I'll take it!

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Well Zobek is already dressed up in a suit, so....I think that would make more sense than to arrive naked with a black mist surrounding his lower parts again.
idk im not sure it made any more sense for satan to appear that way in the 11th century (admittedly he just rose from hell) and im not sure satan would care about human customs

here i am in support of satan dong mist

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
idk im not sure it made any more sense for satan to appear that way in the 11th century (admittedly he just rose from hell) and im not sure satan would care about human customs

here i am in support of satan dong mist
Satan was kinda hot  :-[

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
In game he looked like he was ripped out of a PS2 era game. I really dug his artwork though, I hope he looks better in LOS2.

And yes I also hope he wears a suit.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
In game he looked like he was ripped out of a PS2 era game.

Lol, I'll say. That model was not HD looking at all. But the mists made up for it. I suppose clothing does make make a difference.

On the other hand, it kind of broke my heart to see MGS5 trailer after watching Castlevania's E3 trailer. While MGS5's presentation was some next level shit, Castlevania didn't seem so attractive after that. LoS had some epic presentations and trailers in the first game and the CGI trailer for LoS2 was just breathtaking. But this year's trailer just got shunned for me after I witnessed the new MGS5 trailer. I wonder if the "open world" system of LoS would even be compared to MGS's. One city over dozen countries/bases in MGS5. Of course one might say why am I comparing Castlevania to MGS, and I can understand that it is apples and oranges here. But they are both from the same company and I'm not going to start off with the budgets. But in some inteview with Dave Cox, he said that they made several brutal finishers with Dracula in the game but the superiors told them to tone it down a bit. Now I don't know what level of violence are we talking about here, but the "red band" trailer of Phantom Pain showed all kinds of messed up things with prison torture and removing a bomb by slicing a stomach open and searching it through their intestines without proper surgical techniques and painkillers. Kojima openly said creativity over sales and he is using real life themes as a controvercial act. But Cox? "Lets tone down some shit for a Vampire themed game" LoS2 is more glowy than it is bloody. But with all that aside, I hope that someday castlevania can go Kaioken x10 like MGS5 has... seriously. LoS has had some positive changes in the series and it needed that in my honest opinion, but it has been disappointing and flawed at the same time. I hope the next developers who hold the grail will go hard and successful after LoS saga, that is if LoS2 gets well reception and sales.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 01:40:11 PM by Zetheraxza »

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
If Zobek aka "Death" gets to have a new modern business look than I think Satan will definitely have one.

Satan I can understand having some kind of business set up. "Money is the root of all evil", etc etc. But Zobek... I dunno.

"So it says here on your letter of recommendation that... you made your last co worker kill his wife while he was asleep."

"Yep."

"..."

The whole business thing is pretty cheese, but hey, it's their last game in an alternate timeline. I'm fine with them getting as dopey or eccentric as they want.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
In game he looked like he was ripped out of a PS2 era game. I really dug his artwork though, I hope he looks better in LOS2.

And yes I also hope he wears a suit.
I'd love to see Satan transform into some final form, massive horned demon, and Dracula transform into a dragon and the two battle it out.  ;D

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I'd love to see Satan transform into some final form, massive horned demon, and Dracula transform into a dragon and the two battle it out.  ;D

HA! That would be one epic battle that would never happen in the game.  ;)

anything