Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406218 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at. Just something basic, with more attention to the atmosphere and gameplay.

Oh right, we can have good music back again too.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
What if they did another reboot, but try and go back to the classic staple of not being much to the story? I know that's unlikely in today's gaming market where everything has to be a cinematic experience, but it would be nice. Like, classic, conanesque (or not, doesnt matter) Belmont, Vs Dracula who stole his girl, and just go along from there up until modern day again. Screw 100 year cycles and chaos plots, just resurrect him as needed. he's Dracula, always has been, maybe even tie him to THE Vlad Dracula. like, he's legit the real guy. (or, well, was) I can imagine this working. Imagine something like CV1 with next gen tech. With a ripe Gothic atmosphere, which i have to admit, LoS never quite delivered for me. The Land of vampires was cool and oozed Castlevania feel, but the castle itself was mainly icy ruins. the highlight of the area was the approach to the sewer tunnels, with the castle in the background.
That IS what I'd want to see from the series again. Most importantly, make Dracula DRACULA, as in Vlad Tepes. I kinda envision a scenario where this reboot takes place and you have the new producer talking about how this game will take it all back to it's roots, and how Dracula this time is NOT Mathias Cronqvist or Gabriel Belmont, but Vlad Tepes, Vlad the Impaler, and that there's going to be NO mystery revolving around "Who becomes Dracula", because we already know who Dracula is, it's Vlad Tepes. Instead of a "What a twist" M. Night Shyamalan type deal like was pulled in LoI and LoS, bypass the mystery bullshit and just tell how Vlad Tepes went from a prince and warlord to the "Dark Lord". Hell, for good measure, toss in Mircea and Radu, his brothers, who Dracula(after obtaining his new found powers, turns his brothers to aid him in his new goal of terror). Maybe also feature Vlad the Monk, Dracula's half-brother who can aid the Belmont(let's say Trevor) to battle them.

I know I brought the idea before, but my origin with Dracula(the whole bit about Vlad leading his company, including a Belmont and Danesti/Denasty and them abandoning him while the Turks imprison him and he gains his powers from a mysterious undying man), I would envision it resulting in Dracula venturing out to seek revenge on those who "wronged" him. I mentioned the bit about Elizabetha's rape, Alucard's birth, but I was thinking, with the Belmont, let's say Trevor is the son of the Belmont who served in Vlad Tepes's company/unit, what if we made his father Gabriel. Do something similar to what MS is doing with the LoS game, allusions to original canon characters. But, my idea was to have the son, Trevor, return home to find his parents and siblings murdered by Dracula himself. Imagine that for a moment, Dracula, Vlad Tepes Dracula, killing Gabriel Belmont. Then Trevor seeks out to find and destory him and his brothers. Eventually he does(he kills Dracula's brothers first before eventually facing him in his keep). It escalates into some revenge built on revenge, built on revenge tension about to burst(I mean, Dracula's getting revenge on Gabriel from abandoning him, and Trevor gets revenge on Dracula for killing his family by killing Mircea and Radu, and now Dracula's pissed at Trevor for killing his brothers... LOL, oddly enough, that's how some vendettas work in real life, which could go in explaining how the feud between Belmonts and Dracula become established...without family curse or blood relations to Dracula. It's just one big pissing contest and Dracula hates the Belmonts and everything they stand for, and every time he's resurrected, does his utmost to eradicate their lineage from the world).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 01:37:08 AM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  While i agree or disagree with the comments about Iga, i know that he has made some mistakes, that some people are not willing to forgive, but at least he was listening to the fans and tried to please them up to a point with OoE and Castlevania Rebirth. My point? Whoever is going to be passed the torch next, i'm sure or at least i hope that he will not be arrogant or insultive against fans of the Game like Cox and his company are right now.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
  While i agree or disagree with the comments about Iga, i know that he has made some mistakes, that some people are not willing to forgive, but at least he was listening to the fans and tried to please them up to a point with OoE and Castlevania Rebirth. My point? Whoever is going to be passed the torch next, i'm sure or at least i hope that he will not be arrogant or insultive against fans of the Game like Cox and his company are right now.

This I agree with.

Developers should be humble and let their work speak for them.

I want IGA back for the 1999 game.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
The next Castlevania reboot should be an origin story of Galamoth and his rise as the king of the netherworld. Then plans to invade and take over the world by defeating the most powerful being there, Dracula.
Perfect.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
I'd LOVE Iga to come back for good, but in the end, the truth is that I would be happy if anyone makes a CV game as I want it to be. Platinum, WayForward, or a complete unknown. And I'm not asking for much. I just want traditional Castlevania music, traditional gameplay and that gothic look with that particular feeling only Castlevania knows how to deliver, which MS games never did for me.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
As far as I'm concerned, the last Castlevania game to come out was Order of Eclessia.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Not officially speaking, but I understand what you are talking about.
The last canonical game was OoE, though. Even officially speaking.
But we had Harmony of Despair for PS3 in the middle of MS games.
And some Pachislots with great look and music.
Future will tell if we receive another full CV game with traditional CV music.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
As far as I'm concerned, the last Castlevania game to come out was Order of Eclessia.

But honestly, joking aside, that's no different than a metroidvania-hater saying the last "true" Castlevania that was released was Rondo of Blood.

But whatevs, to each their own. I try to enjoy all Castlevania games equally (some more than others), which in turn makes me a happier person  :D
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 06:10:24 PM by crisis »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
And some Pachislots with great look and music.

I would consider the pachislots even LESS of a Castlevania game than the LoS games. They aren't even games. Just gambling machines with wasted CV assets.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I would consider the pachislots even LESS of a Castlevania game than the LoS games. They aren't even games. Just gambling machines with wasted CV assets.
The music is better. :D

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Yeah I find them offensive. How can that ammount of great HD assets and animations (and gorgeus music) go to a gambling machine ?? FML

Everything comes full circle

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Yes, I agree with that. But the look, and specially the music, is awesome.
Many times I thought "Why don't they just make an action game with all this stuff??!!".

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Yup. We could have had a current Gen remake of CV3. But NOPE, LETS THROW THAT AT A SLOT MACHINE INSTEAD.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Considering 75%+ of the Pachislots soundtracks are re-used tracks...

Yup. We could have had a current Gen remake of CV3. But NOPE, LETS THROW THAT AT A SLOT MACHINE INSTEAD.
This, this, this.