Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406592 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Well, you should take into account that this was developed for the Japanese market only. Gamecenters and gambling machines are very popular over there, way more than where I live at least, so in that sense it's not selling out at all, and it's not absurd. It may seem that way if you live somewhere else, so it's easy to accuse the game of being that I suppose. People over there are genuinely excited to play things like that. So I'm not sure why, when the Castlevania series serves as the base for a pretty cool and unique slotmachine, with obviously had a decent amount of effort put into it, is suddenly viewed as a product of soulles branding. 

Also, with the popularity of gamecenters once again taken into consideration, it may not be accurate to brand the Pachislots as merely a way to spread the Castlevania brand, instead of a succesful spin-off series in it's own right. 

I'm not making this stuff up. I'm sure someone from Japan can attest to what I'm saying.

You are 100% accurate.

Slot machines pop up really quickly in an addicted country like Japan.
Oh and those extremely noisy pachinko as well.
At least there's no Castlevania pachinko yet.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
At least there's no Castlevania pachinko yet.

Watch what you are talking about, since we have Kokoro Belmont and she could easily fit on a pachinko machine.... :P
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
If I am not mistaken, pachinko machines are made in Korea.
The Japanese make the pachislots.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
And what would stop them from making one? :o
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
Konami, if they don't want to make one. hehehe.
------------------
Anyway, Here are some twitter snippets from Cox:
@CastlevaniaLOS Mr.Cox. if we can use the sword anytime we want without the limit of two power.Maybe that means a better gameplay.
@Tom59142664 - it would remove the skill and strategy element from the game = not good
@CastlevaniaLOS Is it possible when we are using a weapon we can absorb blood automatically?
@Tom59142664 - No because you need to decide what weapon you want to use in any given situation.
@CastlevaniaLOS   I'm worried that we will run out of power after a few hits
@Tom59142664 - You will... So you will need to keep playing well and maintain focus... It's the same system as CVLOS
@CastlevaniaLOS When we chose the sword by pressing L1, the energy will be absorbed to the sword's energy bar, and same case with the claws
@Tom59142664 - No you have to press L3 or R3 to decide which weapon the blood will be used for. Same as CVLOS
@CastlevaniaLOS If we have to press L3 or R3 to absorb the energy, then the fluency of the battle will be interruptted. Pls consider this
@Tom59142664 - If we did this the game would be a button masher. This is a strategic combat game. Same as CVLOS.

@CastlevaniaLOS does alucard look the way he does because he refuses blood?, much like thirsty drac when he wakes 1000 years in the future.
@Makenshi1985 - Alucard died was bought back by Dracul's blood over a thirty year period and he doesn't feed on humans

@CastlevaniaLOS  does the red book from the e 3 demo has any crucial part of the story for the second game?
@dcs121089 - Yes it's the new travel book
@CastlevaniaLOS very cool, is that a dragon skull?
@dcs121089 - Yes ;)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 04:18:43 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Konami, if they don't want to make one. hehehe.

But i was talking about Konami, what if they are reading here? If they think that a panchiko game will bring money to them, why not make one then? They have made already 3 pachislot games and one arcade, so if they were going to made a pachinko game, i wouldn't get surprised....
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
The "Alucard slowly turned in a vampire in a 30-year time period" plot point is so contrived, it makes me wonder why they didn't just cut out Simon's part of the story and let the game focus entirely on Trevor, letting his transformation take place immediately after the first act. That might also have led to tighter and more focused game design.     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
But i was talking about Konami, what if they are reading here? If they think that a panchiko game will bring money to them, why not make one then? They have made already 3 pachislot games and one arcade, so if they were going to made a pachinko game, i wouldn't get surprised....

What I was saying is Konami can either make one (as you said) or not make one (as I added).
Even if they read it here, I think they would still consider the Japanese market since in their mind that is the only market that wants those things.

The "Alucard slowly turned in a vampire in a 30-year time period" plot point is so contrived, it makes me wonder why they didn't just cut out Simon's part of the story and let the game focus entirely on Trevor, letting his transformation take place immediately after the first act. That might also have led to tighter and more focused game design.     

Yup. that would have been better, but they wanted to include the iconic Simon somehow and we all know what happened to the story.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
To me, it seems like Simon was included just for fan service and to establish the existence of the Belmont clan.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
You're implying Alucard and Trevor are not there for fanservice as well. They very well could have created nerw Belmonts like they did with Gabe, they chose to instead re-imagine existing ones as fanservice.

also, has anyone asked him how Trevor turning into a vampire contradicts what loS1 stated had to be a voluntary change? (that being why only sentient creatures can be turned) Someone should inquire that. It really bugs me a bit. I can swallow that he skipped the whole bat ugly phases and went straight to humanlike because Dracula's blood is just that strong, and he's already kin, but the fact that he gave no consent and it worked is strange.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
i'm still wondering how it's possible almost every action hero in gaming have the ability to jump TWICE in the air

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
Devil May Cry was the only series I can think of that actually addressed it in game (LoS1 aside, MoF just kinda did whatever I guess.). Megaman is in the territory of "well it makes sense, robot rocket boots" but any other one is pretty tough to explain.

I guess throw it in the pile with "why can they reverse directions in air?".
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 01:41:48 PM by uzo »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Trevor was the highlight of MoF, (his story anyway) and yet he was basically just Alucard. That was disappointing. i mean, they didn't bother explaining why he had Alucard's abilities, (which Alucard had to gain over the course of the game, so its not like he retained them from being Trevor) or making him different. Simon and Alucard played differently and had their own moves and gimmicks, yet Trevor's gameplay feels like an afterthought.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
i'm still wondering how it's possible almost every action hero in gaming have the ability to jump TWICE in the air
Invisible wings.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Mega Fart.

anything