Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406271 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
i'm still wondering how it's possible almost every action hero in gaming have the ability to jump TWICE in the air

Invisible thread or magical platforms.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
i'm still wondering how it's possible almost every action hero in gaming have the ability to jump TWICE in the air

Well in OoE, Shanoa used an ordinary rock. So maybe it's the Dumbo effect. Anyone can do it, but you've JUST GOTTA BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Having the ordinary rock give you the powers of double jump was the finest shrug the series had since giving Alucard the almighty Holy Symbol of a snorkel.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
That's part of Castlevania. These nods to other series and humor. They don't even try to be funny.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
According to Cox's Twitter, Gabe/Drac will be able to morph into his ultimate form, maybe the smoke dragon we saw in the trailer.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I dunno. Or maybe something else more akin to Alucard's transformation.

hen again, Alucard's Transformation if I recall is his replacement for shadow magic wasnt it? Gabe has that already. So who knows
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Humans (Gabriel, Trevor) have Light and Shadow magic. (Simon is an exception, as he was not trained to use magic, but can summon spirits.)
Vampires (Alucard, Dracula) have Void (Mist and Sword) and Chaos (Wolf and Claws) magic. So Dracula's transformation has to be something else.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
If that is true about transforming into the ultimate form (assuming that Cox is telling the truth. He has lied before), it will likely either be very hard to do or it will only be used at certain points for the sake of advancing the plot.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
If that is true about transforming into the ultimate form (assuming that Cox is telling the truth. He has lied before), it will likely either be very hard to do or it will only be used at certain points for the sake of advancing the plot.
It'll be a QTE.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards

Definitely.

If not my shock and amaze will know no bounds. :P

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline king metroid

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
@Tom59142664 - If we did this the game would be a button masher. This is a strategic combat game. Same as CVLOS.

I played LoS and I think the label "Button masher" fits rather nicely.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
I played LoS and I think the label "Button masher" fits rather nicely.
I agree. It fits more in MoF because you don't have 3 dimensions to move around, it's pushing and pushing buttons over and over, which was what in the end ruined an experience that would have been otherwise enjoyable, given the magnificent backgrounds this game displays.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
According to Cox: Expect some cool new stuff around Comic Con :)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
According to Cox: Expect some cool new stuff around Comic Con :)

According to Cox's past, i have little hopes of something great or cool.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
According to Cox's past, i have little hopes of something great or cool.

Well, that is expected. Anyway, let's see what he means by his standard of cool.