Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406280 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
The rumor about Julius being cut off from the game out of IGA's respect CONFIRMEDhttp://www.destructoid.com/digging-deeper-into-lords-of-shadow-2-with-dave-cox-258628.phtml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Holy shit.

This is probably the best news I've heard concerning Castlevania this Summer. David Cox and Mercury Steam just got a tremendous amount of respect from me for this, Julius Belmont should be IGA's achievement alone and no one else's. Good on them. :)

Now this begs the question, will there be a Belmont in LoS2 now? Or will Alucard fill the role instead since he is also Trevor? The only Belmont that would work would be Richter, or perhaps someone new.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 07:03:10 AM by OSM »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Uh, it's still ambigious. It's still not totally sure.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Cox said in Twitter and I think in an interview that there will be a new Belmont in LOS2. He also hinted that, given the fact that he will be new, he wouldn't be named after any previous character. Michael, Erik, James sound nice. Michael is cool because there would be an ''archangel'' battle. Gabriel vs Michael... cool

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
Cox said in Twitter and I think in an interview that there will be a new Belmont in LOS2. He also hinted that, given the fact that he will be new, he wouldn't be named after any previous character. Michael, Erik, James sound nice. Michael is cool because there would be an ''archangel'' battle. Gabriel vs Michael... cool
Plus Satan/Lucifer who was the fourth Archangel too. Still need Raphael.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
What I gather from this is that they originally wanted to use a concept in their game that IGA came up with but didn't have a chance to implement in any of his games. The only thing that I can think of that would qualify is the battle of 1999. The rumor would also be a logical extension of this.

It would have been hilarious if the original plot twist was that Gabriel reincarnated as Soma Cruz in the end. Then we would have a trilogy of exactly the same "character X is previously established character Y from the old continuity" twist endings.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I dunno if them using Julio & the battle of 1999 could've been considered an honor, or maybe IGA could've been a bit embarrased that they "beat him to the punch" before he did. Most of his games seemed to build up to that event, from Curse of Darkness to Portrait of Ruin, even Harmony of Despair character profile mentions Julio's struggle. Only game that didn't hint 1999 was Ecclesia. But perhaps had the Alucard ps3/360 been greenlit instead of Lords, we would've had the game by now or at least more insight about it's events o.o;

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Plus Satan/Lucifer who was the fourth Archangel too. Still need Raphael.

Lucifer was never an Archangel.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Lucifer was never anything, Has-Satan is the juror angel of god, he's not the devil, but that doesn't make the stories made for him less awesome.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
But perhaps had the Alucard ps3/360 been greenlit instead of Lords, we would've had the game by now or at least more insight about it's events o.o;
Yes, but as I said in another thread, the idiots at Konami cancelled it.
At I guess it was that what earned me -8 in one day I haven't been online, and what's really funny, is that some very old posts were downvoted (which I won't care to look for, but no new posts).
It's not about the little number, it's the trolling attitude that bugs me.
Maybe we should have the voting of old posts disabled?

@Lelygax: I fixed the -1 in your previous post.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Most archangels are considered to be good angels. Satan, sometimes called Lucifer, is also considered an archangel, but one who has fallen from God's grace and is considered evil, leading fallen angels against God in the War in Heaven in the traditions in which such a concept exists. -Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archangel

EDIT: Plus it is confirmed Satan came fom Heaven in LoS - cf. his lines before the final battle.

But yeah, he can also be considered as not an archangel in some religions/versions.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 12:45:52 PM by Chernabogue »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Most archangels are considered to be good angels. Satan, sometimes called Lucifer, is also considered an archangel, but one who has fallen from God's grace and is considered evil, leading fallen angels against God in the War in Heaven in the traditions in which such a concept exists. -Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archangel

EDIT: Plus it is confirmed Satan came fom Heaven in LoS - cf. his lines before the final battle.

But yeah, he can also be considered as not an archangel in some religions/versions.
You mean the official one right? Becasue in the bible lucifer refers to the fallen king of babylonia, the whole "he was expelled form apradise" is an urban myth
This word, transliterated hêlēl or heylel, occurs only once in the Hebrew Bible and according to the KJV-influenced Strong's Concordance means "shining one, morning star, Lucifer"
 Christian tradition, influenced by this presentation,[16] came to use the Latin word for "morning star", lucifer, as a proper name ("Lucifer") for Satan as Satan was before his fall
J. Carl Laney has pointed out that in the final verses here quoted, the king of Babylon is described not as a god or an angel but as a man
However, the understanding of the morning star in Isaiah 14:12 as a metaphor referring to a king of Babylon continued also to exist among Christians. Theodoret of Cyrus (c. 393 – c. 457) wrote that Isaiah calls the king "morning star", not as being the star, but as having had the illusion of being it
"The exposition of this passage, which some have given, as if it referred to Satan, has arisen from ignorance: for the context plainly shows these statements must be understood in reference to the king of the Babylonians."
In Christianity the title Satan (Hebrew: הַשָּׂטָן ha-Satan), "the opposer", a title of various entities, both human and divine, who challenge the faith of humans in the Jewish Bible
Christian teaching about the Satan (Hebrew שָׂטָן, Adversary), to whom God proposes his servant Job is that he appears in the heavenly court to challenge Job, with God's permission. This is one of two Old Testament passages, along with Zechariah 3, where Hebrew ha-Satan (the Adversary) becomes Greek ho diabolos (the Slanderer) in the Greek Septuagint used by the early Christian church

Aaaaand:

In Roman Catholicism, three are honoured by name:
St. Gabriel
St. Michael
St. Raphael

The other ones are myths/fables/inventions. Incluiding Jophiel, Uriel AND ha-satan, who is just an angel, a /good/ angel whose function is to test the faith.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 01:10:02 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards

Lucifer is a fallen angel, but he was never an Archangel.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Well, I always have been told so, so sorry, my bad!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
The other ones are myths/fables/inventions.
To some people, it's ALL myths/fables/inventions. Not trying to argue, just offering a different viewpoint.

Quote from: Chernabogue

Wikipedia

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Yes, but as I said in another thread, the idiots at Konami cancelled it.

I dunno... if it had turned into just Curse of Darkness but with more levels and slightly better graphics, maybe it was a good call.

If on the other hand, the folks making it were able to improve highly on level design, then it would really be a shame. But I guess we'll never know now.

anything