Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406254 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Call me a skeptic but I think the article meant Dracula, especially when the article said "Expect to be shocked and maybe even annoyed when playing as Alucard." Why on earth would we be shocked and annoyed about playing as Alucard for? If anything we'd be ecstatic to play as him, not annoyed. Plus Cox said repeatedly that Dracula will be the only playable character.

But then again developers tend to do that for example (warning, spoiler for a recently released game)
(click to show/hide)

So I wouldn't be shocked if Cox is shitting through his teeth and Alucard is playable in some form in LOS2, it's almost a foregone conclusion even.
Thats true, it seemed weird that they mentioned Alucard after Cox has been adamant that Dracula would be the only playable character. (unless there is a Reverie-like segment where you periodically control Alucard)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
In my opinion, I think Cox is pulling a Kojima from Metal Gear Solid 2.

I doubt that Alucard will be a playable character. Though I agree with Lely that they might offer him up as a DLC.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
I bet Alucard may join forces with Gabriel at some point to fight Zobek or Satan. Or we have to control Alucard during a fight against Gabriel, to mimic SotN's final battle.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
I can see Alucard becoming an ally out of desperation. Satan would likely be a common enemy. Otherwise Alucard comes at the end, after Gabe kills Satan to finish things off for good.

Maybe your final act as the player is defeating Gabriel, ending the saga for good.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I can see Alucard becoming an ally out of desperation. Satan would likely be a common enemy. Otherwise Alucard comes at the end, after Gabe kills Satan to finish things off for good.

Maybe your final act as the player is defeating Gabriel, ending the saga for good.
That would be interesting. I mean, it would feel weird to fight a final boss Alucard, but a final boss DRACULA on the other hand...
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
Exactly. And given Trevor's fate, it would make a fitting ending.

Honestly an 'Alucard mode' after Gabriel's would make a lot of sense. Especially if it's short and only a few areas, not a whole redo of the game. About as long as the two DLC's from the first game. Just a final finisher set of chapters to top it all off.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 02:57:50 AM by uzo »

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Maybe your final act as the player is defeating Gabriel, ending the saga for good

A while back Cox said that Gabriel is both the first and the last Belmont.
If that's still going to be the case then presumably both Alucard and the new Belmont will die before Gabriel does
making something like this unlikely.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 03:55:17 AM by C Belmont »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I thought the Alucard game was going to be another Curse of Darkness, and that was great for me, personally.

I for one am glad that game was canceled. Now I might get negatives but hear me out I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but what if it did turn out like curse of darkness? The ideas of innocent devils were nice but what are the chances that it improved upon? I should be saying yes right, but it felt lackluster to me. And one of the major complaints about LoI and Cod was that level design and if they could not improve upon that  with CoD what are the chances that anything would be different the third time around(fourth if one counts nanobreaker which is considered to be really) ? That was my main worry and then use they used Alucard to hype it up. Kind of how Mof fell flat and MS used the series most well loved characters this could have turned out with a similar ending and I know I do not want that happening.

The only thing that would have me going for the Alucard game is a Richter mode voiced by Troy Baker and for those who do not know who he is, he voiced this guy

Yeah I love Tales of Vesperia.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 06:16:26 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I agree. LoI had overall better design, even though many samey corridors too...

But we don't know the budget to make a judgement of these games. They could be simply like that because their budget was low, so they needed to reuse things to keep it from going higher than the budget.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
Edit: This was posted before but just my comment on the interview.

http://www.geekscape.net/interview-castlevania-producer-david-cox

Is it just me, but, Cox in this interview seems cocky....
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 08:57:13 PM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
The only thing that would have me going for the Alucard game is a Richter mode voiced by Troy Baker

Tales of Vesperia is awesome, and Troy Baker is even better! Funny thing is, Troy Baker may have actually been part of that canceled Alucard game. I seem to recall a few years ago that he did something for a canceled Castlevania game or something...let me dig up a link, because I want to make sure I'm not crazy.  :P

Here: http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/troy-baker-states-that-he%E2%80%99s-worked-on-a-castlevania-game-with-konami/

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
Tales of Vesperia is awesome, and Troy Baker is even better! Funny thing is, Troy Baker may have actually been part of that canceled Alucard game. I seem to recall a few years ago that he did something for a canceled Castlevania game or something...let me dig up a link, because I want to make sure I'm not crazy.  :P

Here: http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/troy-baker-states-that-he%E2%80%99s-worked-on-a-castlevania-game-with-konami/

Your not crazy I have posted videos about him talking about it before. Man Yuri Lowell as Richter would of been awesome I tell  all of you AWESOME
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 10:42:41 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
You stole my thunder, I was gonna post that! >:(

Joke aside, it's nice to know that IGA is still doing at least something at Konami besides fetching coffee. And that's quite humble of Cox to respect IGA's wishes to not include certain characters and events.

Just gonna point out that Cox didn't say it had anything to do with IGA's wishes. Although, it smells to me like there might actually be more to it than was said.
"Stuff and things."

anything