Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406688 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Desmond will appear in this game to connect Order of Shadows with Lords of Shadows, he will be Simon's son lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
I like it, it should be official as Kokoro's brother.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Would be fun if in the game they included a Belmont Family Tree :D

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
For all those that are hoping for Sonia Belmont to be in LoS2:

I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but look no further than the treatment they gave Sypha in Mirror of Fate. The chances of MS putting a reimagined Sonia in LoS2 are extremely low, and it's more likely that the name 'Sonia' will only be randomly namedropped in a Brotherhood Scroll you find along the way, similar to 'Iris' in LoS1. Seriously, that's the best we could hope for.
Sadly, I guess I have to agree. Chances are we'll never get a female lead from MS. At best, if Sonia is indeed in the game, we will get to play as her just a while, like Laura in Reverie, which was my favourite part of the first LoS.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I actually prefer a limited play approach for other characters than Dracula. Since I think Mirror of Fate could been way better if you only played as only Trevor and Alucard and gave it more focus. Although I would definitely up for a DLC or a new game plus for the new Belmont or Alucard

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
A "Julius" Mode where the last boss is Gabriel is FUCKING NEEDED! I mean... fuck, will we really finish the trilogy without fighting Dracula in a non shitty game (I'm looking at you MoF)??

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
this is going to be our last in god knows how many years (3, 4?)
I hope we get a new game soon, why do you think it's going to be 3 or 4 years? That would be really hard to endure.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
No way we'll be waiting 3-4 years for a new Castlevania, unless they're making another "big-budget" LoS-style game. But even then, I predict a year, 2 at most, but not 3 or 4.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
As long as it isn't a Mega Man style drought we been having, I am good. My hope is a downloadable Castlevania game or a 3DS one in two years hopefully from Mr. Igarashi and Big Budget one coming in the next four years.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 07:01:37 PM by Trevorcard »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
loS proved to Konami that CV still sells. It was successful. Mega Man has had no such luck. Mainly because Capcom refuses to let the brand prove itself through anything other than merchandise.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Also sadly I think its also because Inafune left and with him gone Capcom just relegated the Blue Bomber to cameo. I hope MOF poor sales doesn't keep Konami for making more 2D ones. I think Igarashi should be brought back to make more 2D ones while another studio as good or even better then MS should deal with the 3D ones. By the way I am suspecting that Lord of Shadows 2 won't come out till 2014 which is bummer because I think its fitting for Castlevania to come out in October :D.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Delays are not new to MS. I'm just hoping that with the delays, the final game would have less bugs.
They could justify the delay by saying, "We have given you guys MoF this year, so we can release LoS2 next year. Hahaha..."

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Well they had excuses for MOF because it was their first time with a portable system but Lord of Shadows 2 better not have bugs they have no excuses now.  Wonder if the witches who appeared briefly in Mirror of Fate will appear and will Daemon Lord make a return?

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Well they had excuses for MOF because it was their first time with a portable system but Lord of Shadows 2 better not have bugs they have no excuses now.  Wonder if the witches who appeared briefly in Mirror of Fate will appear and will Daemon Lord make a return?
Not sure for the Daemon Lord: Alucard killed him, and LoS2 (seems to) takes place after MoF, as Alucard appears in the trailers.

anything