Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406033 times)

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Did he? I don't know if I don't see a body in a video game or movie it is likely a villain isn't dead. Besides Toymaker could revive him and his original beef is with Dracula. Also those witches seem to want to usurp Dracula rule so I could see them as a faction of enemies against you in the Castle. I actually had an idea of battle with Dracula against a tag team of Cornell and Carmilla as a homage to the battle in SOTN with werewolf and Minotaur.

On the subject of open world, an interview with Cox suggested the exploration will be more like ocarina of time than Arkham city. Which I think is better because Arkham city although was a huge world was largely empty in comparison to Arkham Asylum. I am optimistic they will improve the exploration over MOF in LOS2. As long as they give you more reason to explore then just collecting power ups just to increase your health and items.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 12:01:59 AM by Trevorcard »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Regarding exploration, i have this pessimistic thought that they would just give power ups and map percentage points.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I agree. I mean, it's cool that everybody is hoping for all these awesome stuff that MercurySteam might include, but I'm keeping my expectations realistic. I'm not expecting to see Bone Pillars or flying Medusa Heads [in the traditional sense anyway], old characters (we will prolly get more "amalgams" of characters, which are 2 separate characters combined into 1, or familiar names slapped onto new characters with only 1 trait in common, like in LoS1) or classic remixes of obscure tracks like Psycho Warrior or anything. However, that doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to the game.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
I wonder if the final stage of the game where you fight Satan would be hell or at least the connection to hell within the Castle. I hope Satan at least resembles a real Prince of Darkness and not that weirdo we fought.

I liked Satan's look in LoS. He reminded me of Testament from Guilty Gear, but with a difference weapon.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Dave Cox: "Sorry not possible in CVLOS. In CVLOS2 PC all cut scenes are in engine this time."

So no cgi/pre-rendered scenes in LOS2, perfect, PC now we can put the resolution we want.
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I agree, Satan must look scary, he must look like the King of the Angels Baba Yaga said he is. The image with the guy with the scythe is weird

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
This guy looks like a pussy with a dangerous weapon.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
This guy looks like a pussy with a dangerous weapon.
ROFL I thought it was a woman!

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
^that is from the movie Constantine. Satan in that movie looked like a regular bald guy,

Testament is very feminine-looking, and has an outfit that'll make Isaac jealous. But it's kinda funny when someone says "LoS Satan should've looked like the REAL Satan, the REAL Prince of Darkness." But does anyone actually know what the "Prince of Darkness" is supposed to look like? It's really subjective; it's like asking someone what God looks like. There will always be different interpretations. Unless people just want the cliché red devil with horns & a pitchfork, and God looking like an old wizard with a long white beard & robe.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
What I meant was that Satan should been more intimidating and I got what they were trying to do to be different from traditional interpretation of Devil but it came off flat to me. Actually I am more optimistic about Lord of Shadows 2 exploration due to the emphasis they are putting on it as opposed to Mirror of Fate where they kept saying branching paths and what not. I think in one interview they mentioned that exploration is not limited to power ups to not only items but opening optional areas. Also apparently one of power ups give you the ability to turn into a Dragon like in the 2012 trailer.

As of right now I am very happy what they did with multiple weapons :D, hopefully the exploration compares to the advancement they made weapons. Also, I hope they take secondary items being powered by hearts like in mirror fate then way they were done in LOS 1 which gave it less strategy.

I am wondering though what do you guys think will be the final boss of the game? Zobek? Satan? Or a tag team of Alucard and the Belmont?

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
I agree. I mean, it's cool that everybody is hoping for all these awesome stuff that MercurySteam might include, but I'm keeping my expectations realistic. I'm not expecting to see Bone Pillars or flying Medusa Heads [in the traditional sense anyway], old characters (we will prolly get more "amalgams" of characters, which are 2 separate characters combined into 1, or familiar names slapped onto new characters with only 1 trait in common, like in LoS1) or classic remixes of obscure tracks like Psycho Warrior or anything. However, that doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to the game.
Indeed. My expectations are that I'll get a game where I completely dislike the music (this time it won't take me by surprise) and where, hopefully, I will get to gaze at wonderful scenery, since if they use the modern PC potential and the right aesthetic, the castle setting should look amazing.
Granted, I don't expect any remix that surprises me, classic enemies, and I even think that a playable female character and key stages like a long and high clock tower area with lots of platforming are dreaming too much.
But still, I am expecting certain things from the game, to spend some OK time while I wait for the next one.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I don't know I am actually optimistic for classic enemies we are getting a Medusa boss battle and one of the positives of Mirror of Fate was a return of classic enemies and a boss (The Succubus) so I expect trend to continue. The plattforming I have mixed feelings about this a weakness in Mirror of Fate and most of 3D modern gaming. I am hoping they make some changes but I am not holding my breath.

Apparently according to Cox twitter we are getting announcement for date really soon hoping for November to December date :D
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 01:33:29 PM by Trevorcard »

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I don't know I am actually optimistic for classic enemies we are getting a Medusa boss battle and one of the positives of Mirror of Fate was a return of classic enemies and a boss (The Succubus) so I expect trend to continue. The plattforming I have mixed feelings about this a weakness in Mirror of Fate and most of 3D modern gaming. I am hoping they make some changes but I am not holding my breath.

Apparently according to Cox twitter we are getting announcement for date really soon hoping for November to December date :D
I heard winter 2013 or early 2014 like somewhere around this christmas or just after new year's day. Keep in mind that I can't say that my source is trust worthy.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Also sadly I think its also because Inafune left and with him gone Capcom just relegated the Blue Bomber to cameo. I hope MOF poor sales doesn't keep Konami for making more 2D ones. I think Igarashi should be brought back to make more 2D ones while another studio as good or even better then MS should deal with the 3D ones. By the way I am suspecting that Lord of Shadows 2 won't come out till 2014 which is bummer because I think its fitting for Castlevania to come out in October :D.
Inafune was not involved with much of the Mega man series post X4. He left the role of executive X series producer to work on Mega Man Zero, and even then, only helped with the first one. He was one of the producers for all 4, but past Z1, it was pretty much all inti's work. X7, the extent of his involvement was consulting on Axl's design. I dont think he was even involved in X8, and he didn't want to touch Command Mission with a 10 foot pole, because "EEW, RPG"

I don't think he was very involved in BN and SF, or ZX either. he was almost entirely hands off.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 03:48:09 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

anything