Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406074 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
We're getting a new trailer for LOS2 very very soon and it will feature the new Belmont.

And while I couldn't get a name he assures that the "look" of the new Belmont will be a hot discussion amongst some Castlevania fans.
Color me intrigued. Did he say whether it would be positive or negative discussion?

After seeing what they've done to Simon and Trevor I have to wonder how much different this new Belmont could look compared to what we're so used to by now.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Color me intrigued. Did he say whether it would be positive or negative discussion?

After seeing what they've done to Simon and Trevor I have to wonder how much different this new Belmont could look compared to what we're so used to by now.

He said that you'll see quite a few "Not muh Belmont" comments regarding the look of the new Belmont. So methinks we're gonna be seeing some mixed reactions. Me personally, It can't be worse than Death Note Simon.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:14:52 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Not even if he is like Isaac or Grant Voldo?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
He said that you'll see quite a few "Not muh Belmont" comments regarding the look of the new Belmont. So methinks we're gonna be seeing some mixed reactions. Me personally, It can't be worse than Death Note Simon.

Who said this? Cox or leak guy?

Anyway, I hope this new Belmont will be controversial because she is a woman instead of generic grim-faced muscled man #1245.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Nagumo: I don't think its going to be female now although I hope so. If I have to guess a combination of Assassin Creed and Splinter Cell to the look we are going to get :P.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I guess it will be like Blade.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Nagumo: I don't think its going to be female now although I hope so. If I have to guess a combination of Assassin Creed and Splinter Cell to the look we are going to get :P.

Yup. What do I know? Most likely it's going to be the Golden Paladin or something dumb like that. Sadly, I'm not even joking.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Maybe a thinner Belmont... oh, perhaps a child!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Maybe a thinner Belmont... oh, perhaps a child!

Or a very old Belmont.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
In before transgender and black.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
He said that you'll see quite a few "Not muh Belmont" comments regarding the look of the new Belmont.
Oh dear, I can see this happening already.

Well I'll just expect the unexpected then.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
My guess is, they might go rebel punk Belmont in the vein of DmC's Dante.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/19/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-interview-on-gabriels-vampire-powers-and-surprising-players/
This interview is pretty interesting. Also Dave Cox says maybe on DLC mode for Alucard although another interview I posted earlier showed that Alucard and some characters would be playable in the game. He also details the combat and story and the new belmont.

Personally I doubt they are going punk Belmont. I think Mercury Steam whatever people say of them have amazing artists and don't think the new Belmont is going to look like shit. I do think they may go for a Modern look for the new Belmont unlike Julius Belmont who looked like any of the other 17th century Belmonts even though btw he looked awesome.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 08:52:31 AM by Trevorcard »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
What about the trailer? I want the trailer NAO

Everything comes full circle

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Lelygax: Man actually I would love a blade esque Belmont :P. With Garlic bombs and shit.

Actually there is interesting line says to question on whether it was someone we seen before? And Cox says its spoiler.
Which means to me its going to be previous Belmont. If its not Julius THEN WHO IS IT? O_O.

The trailer is coming this week right?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:18:19 PM by Trevorcard »

anything