Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406200 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Trevor's reboot in the LOS series was one of the few that I actually liked since its a version of him that I could fully see happening in the previous series.

He was not that far off character and design wise in comparison to his latest appearance in the original canon.

Simon's reboot design was "ok" but not as good as Trevor's.

I still don't like that he became Alucard however, I still think Alucard should have stayed his own separate character and Trevor his.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
 I thought his redesign wasa meh in Judgement and his asshole wild attitude in Curse of Darkness made him unlikable which why I agree with you that Trevor in mirror of ate is how I saw him in Dracula curse :D. I think Alucard works in Lord of Shadow universe for me. I could understand for some fans its foreign to their understanding of Alucard but I liked it. I think Trevorcard place in story will be made or broken depending on the events of Lord of Shadows 2.
I do wonder if both Alucard and Dracula will die in Lord of Shadows 2 or will he live on regardless fighting evil. I am totally hoping for Alucard DLC mode :D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 03:35:49 PM by Trevorcard »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Trevorcard was much groaned about, but in the end, I think MS somehow just made it work. It was well presented. I don't know how they pulled it off, but they made it work. probably because Trevor's ending is just so good, that you just don't care. And the character is handled quite well. He's Trevor still, of course, but he's distanced himself from who he was, so as to not be recognized by those he loved while alive, like Simon.

IMO, Simon is the best Belmont design so far. he really captures both sides of Simon. The barbarian, and the fur wearing redhead. And god that beard of power was awesome. Trevor was fine, though honestly, not too different from his original. His outfit is pretty damn similar too.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I really do like the new Trevor, he reminds me of Richter from SotN because of his long hair and overcoat. Simon is a really great mesh of all of his past incarnations, I would love to see these designs used in a ClassicVania one day.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Trevorcard was much groaned about, but in the end, I think MS somehow just made it work. It was well presented. I don't know how they pulled it off, but they made it work. probably because Trevor's ending is just so good, that you just don't care. And the character is handled quite well. He's Trevor still, of course, but he's distanced himself from who he was, so as to not be recognized by those he loved while alive, like Simon.

IMO, Simon is the best Belmont design so far. he really captures both sides of Simon. The barbarian, and the fur wearing redhead. And god that beard of power was awesome. Trevor was fine, though honestly, not too different from his original. His outfit is pretty damn similar too.

Agreed. My favorite Simon moment is in that Succubus scene  which unlike Alucard and Leon he actually was considering :P joining the orgy before the Succubus started sucking his soul. I think Trevor design is great because Mercurystream respected the past incarnation and improved on it. I think of Mirror of Fate as Alucard Begins :P and I think in Lord of Shadows 2 its going to be perfect because he won't be Trevor but Dracula's vengeful son. He will inhabit the role.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
If there's one thing I like about the Coxvanias, it's the character designs. I mean, I LOVE Ayami Kojima too, but I am happy with the new characters too. Well, I am not crazy about Olrox and Brauner cause there's something slightly generic about them. Camilla was much better, partly thanks to the fact that we get to see her more vampiric/humanesque side before she goes all ugly on us.

I wouldn't mind if Mercury steam did the character design for more games after LoS2. It would be interesting to see them in a new IGA game for example. I highly doubt we'll see that combo though.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
If there's one thing I like about the Coxvanias, it's the character designs. I mean, I LOVE Ayami Kojima too, but I am happy with the new characters too. Well, I am not crazy about Olrox and Brauner cause there's something slightly generic about them. Camilla was much better, partly thanks to the fact that we get to see her more vampiric/humanesque side before she goes all ugly on us.

I wouldn't mind if Mercury steam did the character design for more games after LoS2. It would be interesting to see them in a new IGA game for example. I highly doubt we'll see that combo though.
the art in general for the LoS series has been phenomenal. the book entries in LoS were fucking gorgeous. And let's not forget the hand animated combo move animations for the skill shop
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
In before the new Belmont will be Richter that will then become Shaft. :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I am hoping Lord of Shadows 2 comes with special edition comes with a proper art book. The Lord of Shadows special edition art book which I got kinda of sucked :P.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Hey... you know what enemy i wouldn't mind returning?

Creeping Coffins. Those things were fucking great. Annoying as fuck to fight, but great concept/visual-wise

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Hey... you know what enemy i wouldn't mind returning?

Creeping Coffins. Those things were fucking great. Annoying as fuck to fight, but great concept/visual-wise
I hate them so much

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I hate them so much

They were so annoying until I found a way to confuse the hell out of them.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
I think that there will be more Belmonts in this game, because if Cox is saying that the name of the new one would be spoilerish, it contradicts the fact that they have been saying that this would be a whole new Belmont. Who knows, maybe it will be a female Belmont (an idea I don't like, because this story is said to be brutal, and no good girl should suffer a harsh fate :p). And also I think that the new guy will be a Gabriel ''clone'', named Michael or Raphael. I do believe that Dracul and Alucard will die, Alucard will die in Gabriel's arms, Satan will be third to last boss, then Zobek and lastly the Belmont which will end Gabriel with Alucard's sword, or something like that. I can't wait to see trailers or something!!!

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
I think that there will be more Belmonts in this game, because if Cox is saying that the name of the new one would be spoilerish, it contradicts the fact that they have been saying that this would be a whole new Belmont. Who knows, maybe it will be a female Belmont (an idea I don't like, because this story is said to be brutal, and no good girl should suffer a harsh fate :p). And also I think that the new guy will be a Gabriel ''clone'', named Michael or Raphael. I do believe that Dracul and Alucard will die, Alucard will die in Gabriel's arms, Satan will be third to last boss, then Zobek and lastly the Belmont which will end Gabriel with Alucard's sword, or something like that. I can't wait to see trailers or something!!!
well as cox hinted in the interviwe linked above, the only way to kill gabriel is the combat cross he destroyed in the end of the LOS DLC, Prob`lly the new Belmont somehow will hold it to destroy him.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

Michael, Raphael => That golden angel that Gabe fought in the sample gameplay at E3?!
Nah, I'm thinking the new Belmont would be Richter, or maybe Christopher or Soleiyu.

If they did the "Belmont kills Gabe with Alucard's sword". I see a LOTR reference there.  :)

well as cox hinted in the interviwe linked above, the only way to kill gabriel is the combat cross he destroyed in the end of the LOS DLC, Prob`lly the new Belmont somehow will hold it to destroy him.

Must have been integrated in the sword.