Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406160 times)

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
His attire, based on that art, does seem a little more modern. I don't know what time period to really put him in, though. It doesn't look too much like present day with the gauntlet arm.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
The gauntlet arm could be inheritance with combat cross. Also yeah he is growing on me. Hope he takes off that Hoodie :P, probably look better instead of looking like Ezio or a hobo.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Holy fuck, that Victor art looks amazing, the first image is made to resemble the art made for gabriel in LOS. Trevor, Simon and Alucard should have gotten the same art. Great

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Trevor, Simon and Alucard should have gotten the same art.
Agreed, I'd love to see that happen.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Apparently he will have ''wings'' and his gauntlet will have dark powers

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Cox retweeted and favorited a tweet I sent him about Trevor, Alucard and Simon receiving the art treatment of Victor. Hope it gets done

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
What saddens me (or annoys me) is that reviewers and gamers will go "CASTLEVANIA IS A ASSASSINS CREED RIPOFF NAOW!! THIS SERIES HAVE NO ORIGINAL IDEAS AT ALL!" Just because of the hoodie. I like the hoodie but if I was a character designer, I would stay faaaar away from that kind of clothing, just to avoid those kind of comments. And Cox is gonna defend himself and deny all similarities, just like he did when LoS was accused of ripping off GoW and SotC. Mercury Steam must've known the reactions to this Victor design, though they're NEVER gonna admit he looks like Ezio. Sigh.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 10:47:32 AM by shelverton. »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Mercury Steam must've known the reactions to this Victor design, though they're NEVER gonna admit he looks like Ezio. Sigh.

Seeing that one of the images of Victor was labeled as "Belmont's Creed", I think they were well aware of the similarities.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
I'll add my little opinion to the conversation...
(which as always isn't so little because I always end up writing long stuff).

I don't think SotN ripped off something from Super Metroid other than the map.
The rest have its basis on games from its own franchise, and the RPG elements are present in dozens of franchises, anyway.

So, they say LoS ripped off GoW and SotC. It's true that GoW fed itself from other successful games, LoI amongst them. The titan battles really reminded me of SotC, and the ledgeforming reminded me of Prince of Persia.

But... after all... be it SotN or LoS...

What's the big deal if it implements things from other games?

I personally don't give a f* damn about innovation, and I'm sick of reading every critic and a lot of people talk about innovation like it was the only important thing, when if fact, it is not.
If something isn't broken, don't fix it. If games are fine the way they are, keep doing the same, perhaps adding little elements characteristic to each title, like the Super Mario saga does, but keeping the essence.

What do I care about stupid innovative games? Every time someone does something completely different it receives a huge amount of unjustified praise from all over the world, fans and critics, but especially critics.

I like platforming, RPG, 3D action games, etc... the games we all like.
What's wrong if a game "copies" something which I liked in the first place?
That's fine for me.

Critics (and some people) seem to have a complex where they have to complain about something all the time, and a rare condition where they love to death something the first time they see it but they hate it if they see it again, using one of the phrases I hte the most in the world... "This has been done before".  :rollseyes:
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
What saddens me (or annoys me) is that reviewers and gamers will go "CASTLEVANIA IS A ASSASSINS CREED RIPOFF NAOW!! THIS SERIES HAVE NO ORIGINAL IDEAS AT ALL!"
I haven't seen anyone say that yet, and the artwork of Victor with his hood down makes him look way more like Julius than Ezio.

Another thing I remembered is that Gabriel wore his hood at the very beginning of LoS, the white hood has just become so iconic everyone instantly thinks of Ezio now whenever they see it.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
lol at the music in that trailer

Blah blah blah fucking giant robot attacking the castle blah blah blah victor looks like a hobo blah blah I hope this game bombs.

Blah.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
+2
I noticed a map like you see in some games on the screen when I watched the video again. You know the kind you see in games so that you don't get lost. So, it's starting to look like a 3D metriodvania, or it will at least have some of those elements. I'm getting the feeling that this is going to be the opposite of CoD. More like LoI, but better. Exploration, platforming, no leveling, and a variety of weapons. Sounds like what a metroidvania should be. At least, in terms of gameplay.

And, despite the fact that some people hate the lords of shadow games because they are so different from the older games, I like the storyline. I wasn't a big fan of the combat system of LoS1, but it seems like they out did themselves for LoS2. I really can't wait for it to come out.

lol at the music in that trailer

Blah blah blah fucking giant robot attacking the castle blah blah blah victor looks like a hobo blah blah I hope this game bombs.

Blah.

Oh, just SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!! YOU DON'T LIKE IT. SO WHAT!? YOU'VE ALREADY MADE YOU POINT! SO, STOP POSTING!! WE'VE GOT IT!!!

STOP ACTING LIKE A SPOILED BRAT AND GROW THE FUCK UP!!!! GOT IT!?
Behold my power and tremble

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Simon Belmont Beta Footage

Here is a reminder of how Simon looked like, no one screamed Assassin's creed at the time though he looks damn near just like Altair
Victor takes less from this yet everyone is slapping the design with assassin's creed.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
This Rugal guy is very childish

anything