Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406084 times)

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Why is Dracula fighting against his own minions in his own castle anyway?
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Why is Dracula fighting against his own minions in his own castle anyway?

Same reason Soma had to: Castle doesn't recognize him as master anymore.

Offline somasworld

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Here's hoping the skeletons are not a complete pain in the ass to beat (but I know they will be).

When you think of a CV game you always think of skeletons as a lesser enemy that was defeated easily, I don't like how LOS changed that...

yes the skeletons in LOS1 was too strong and too hard to kill....i hope in los2 wee can kill a lot of them easily...it makes more fun...

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Here's hoping the skeletons are not a complete pain in the ass to beat (but I know they will be).

When you think of a CV game you always think of skeletons as a lesser enemy that was defeated easily, I don't like how LOS changed that...

That was one of the few things I hated about LoS1. I can see Sword Masters and Knights being tough, but not skeletons. In CV, they are meant to be weak by definition.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Yeah, their strange resilience took me aback the first time I reached the castle sewers in LoS1. Even in God of War they were easy to kill. It's like the skeletons were replaced by Orcs as the disposable minion.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Well, if these skeletons are so resistant like you guys are saying, they should have drunk a LOT of milk to have strong bones. xD

It would be good if we could destroy a skeleton with 4 or 5 strong attacks.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I just realized we have a map and this "house of lords" place seems interesting to me with a name like that I wonder if it becomes that demon room in the future that was posted awhile ago.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
That art on page 224 looks gorgeous! I still have no desire to get LoS2 (unless something magically changes my mind), but I love that art! As I've said many times, Mercurystream certainly does at least one thing right, even if I'm not a fan of the LoS saga: the visuals.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Hint: Most of the time where you find Skeletons there`s always a full Crystal nearby...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 05:46:07 PM by Asgardwolf »

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Same reason Soma had to: Castle doesn't recognize him as master anymore.

Um.. How long has Gabriel been Dracula now? Soma was some kid who had the power to take souls, Gabriel IS Dracula and sits in the throne room all his life.

What you said doesn't make any sense to me.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Um.. How long has Gabriel been Dracula now? Soma was some kid who had the power to take souls, Gabriel IS Dracula and sits in the throne room all his life.

What you said doesn't make any sense to me.

Maybe Castlevania is sick of waiting for his husband Dracula and decided to punish him a bit.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I think I read somewhere that Dracula wanted to leave the castle and the castle wouldn't let him....

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I think I read somewhere that Dracula wanted to leave the castle and the castle wouldn't let him....
Ooh, yandere castle.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
See? I said that Castlevania have a love relationship with Dracula.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

anything