Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406280 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Well, if Lely asked first for Kokoro, if no one likes Charlotte and Juste send them to me, I might have some ideas for them (not exactly what everyone's thinking).
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
This has turned into a thread full of character requests.  :D

Yo, Pfil, I'm also interested in Juste.  ;)

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Actually the one Belmont I never liked was Juste. His design it reeks of Alucard clone and not a Belmont  :( . I mean what is with the white hair.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 05:52:26 AM by Trevorcard »

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
Poor Juste. He never seems to gather as much enthusiasm as the other Belmonts do.
His game was one of the less appealing titles from the GBA/DS era; his sprite is rather lackluster; he's never actually defeated Dracula. Yet just look at a few of Kojima's portraits and your interest will be revitalized. And he does have an acute sense of style...
He used to be one of my favorite Belmonts, until Julius came along...

I certainly wish MercurySteam would have stuck with the timeline and included Julius in LoS2... That was the logical choice, and I had expected to see 1999. Yet they had to bring back Victor, from Resurrection? His game was cancelled, after all...
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I certainly wish MercurySteam would have stuck with the timeline and included Julius in LoS2... That was the logical choice, and I had expected to see 1999. Yet they had to bring back Victor, from Resurrection? His game was cancelled, after all...

I, on the other hand, am glad that MercurySteam did not touch Julius.
Give Victor a chance to shine. He must have been suffering "cancelled game syndrome" for so long.  :P

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Meh. He still looks like a vampire or half vampire in his picture and I like Kojima drawings. When I picture Belmont, he doesn't come to mind. The funny thing is that I like Harmony of Dissonance despite it being a derivative.

Also I agree I am glad they revived Victor and not Julius. We can finally get a different type of Belmont :D we haven't seen before.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 05:51:41 AM by Trevorcard »

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
The Art of Castlevania - Lords of Shadow
Hardcover, 192 pages – February 4, 2014
http://www.amazon.com/Art-Castlevania-Lords-Shadow/dp/1781168954
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
The art in the bestiary in LOS was great I hope it's included in the book. The artist is named Jorge Benedito

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Poor Juste. He never seems to gather as much enthusiasm as the other Belmonts do.
His game was one of the less appealing titles from the GBA/DS era; his sprite is rather lackluster; he's never actually defeated Dracula. Yet just look at a few of Kojima's portraits and your interest will be revitalized. And he does have an acute sense of style...
He used to be one of my favorite Belmonts, until Julius came along...

I liked HoD a lot more once I stopped comparing it to SoTN. In a way, it's almost like Silent Hill what with the A castle being the normal world and the B castle being this horrific twisted reflection of it like the Otherworld in SH. To me that was cool. Juste being a Belmont who uses magic was a cool idea though too. I actually like HoD better than any of the other GBA games.

So Victor is the new Belmont? I haven't been keeping up.  :-X

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Its cool that Juste uses magic but the design yeesh. Glad they returned back to the classic belmont design with Julius.

Yep Victor our one eyed bum, assassin creed looking Belmont is the new Belmont :D. I wonder if him and Alucard are allies?

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Harmony of Dissonance belongs to the crème de la crème of the Castlevania series. Plus, Juste is well designed and an all-round  solid character. I'm shocked some people think otherwise. 

« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:31:02 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I just think he looks too much like Alucard actually to extent I could picture Robert Belgrade voicing him :P. Also he has no personality whatsoever. That why I feel he is meh. Don't hate him though.

I feel Mercury Stream is more confident with Lord of Shadows 2. Like I don't expect their to be weird ass beast riding for like two stages or three :P. Although I do hope they have some surprises that were in Lord of Shadows like drawing the curtains out to burn the vampires with sunlight or the boss battle with Oldrox where you have to destroy his meals.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
I like HoD. I agree that Juste looks too much like Alucard (I mentioned in an earlier post that Iga has tried the SotN formula in almost all of his games, and HoD is proof, Castle A and B is Normal and Inverted Castle a la SotN). Having said that I really like the magic functionality of Juste, having been attributed to his Belnades blood which explains that ability. The game is long and he did fight Dracula, at least his specter, but he still is Dracula because he had a second form (amalgamation of the relics Juste and Maxim found). I thought that Juste was too strong because one of his kicks was as strong as a vampire killer hit. A great game anyway.  :)

anything